• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

Congrats to NewZeeland they deserved it over the last 4 years, but on this one match... France deserved to win, great performance by them and I really feel for them a couple of kicks going there way and a couple of penalties that should've been given and it would've been theres but thats a final for you, great match!

Btw did anyone feel Joubert was really really soft on NZ at the breakdown, this is an area that IMO really needs to be fixed as people are just seeling it off by lying on there, not to even start about McCaw but hey! He gets away with it.

Really cool to see DC get the medal, oh yeh... Donald... :)

Well done All Blacks!...well done, well overdue and well deserved. IMO the best team Ive ever seen play the game and thats not because I live here in NZ. We commend you and await our next game.

I love you

Thank you France we respect you, you were good. You came to play and make us work harder than we ever have for it.

I'm in euphoria from wining, but I can't do anything other than congratulate France right now. Thank you, and thank you again. Je vous aime.
I think it's a good moment to be frenchman in NZ...

The following announcement is brought to you by VB, probably the worst beer that I have ever tasted (though it is becoming better by the can):

I LOVE YOU STEPHEN DONALD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez I'm glad the best team didn't win on the night :D

I think it's a good moment to be frenchman in NZ...
I reckon it d be even better to be a kiwi in NZ :) See if they can match up with us.... we had 1 million people on the champs elysee back in 98 after the world cup win :p

Really disappointed in the result, I was so behind France and as I said earlier was just incredibly proud of how they played. To be honest iit just proves that all the idiots and fanboys who wrote france off and said they'd be smashed really don't know the first thing about rugby. In a parallel universe France would be celebrating right now because it was that close. But I'm glad that France did themselves proud and showed why, at least in my view, they are the best northern hemisphere team.

Despite supporting France I love New Zealand as a country and think the people are incredible.Noone would claim they don't deserve to be champions. I do think, however, that they were given too much leeway at the breakdown. So many occasion where I was convinced dusatoir was on his feet challenging for the ball, New Zealand were holding on, and it should have been a penalty. It just seemed to be that extra second that was given to NZ to clear out which proved the difference in those contests. That said, people talking about corruption and NZ buying the cup can do one.

The thing this dispels for me is the crap that people come out with about the team who deserves to win. So often the winning team gets vilified because they won despite not putting out a top performance. You don't just become undeserving simply because the other team played well.

Honestly, France deserved to win that. I'm so proud of the boys for pulling through but on the night I thought they were better than us. We were lucky to win but that doesn't stop me celebrating.

I'm so proud of the boys. I think a few pl;ayers were vindicated tonight. McCaw and Henry should now be remembered as greats and people would never have given them their dues otherwise. Donald was also brilliant. What a story it is when the number 4 first five guides you to a world cup victory. I have always liked him as a guy and he deserved the medal. People will remember him differently now. Overall, a great tournament and a great result. Fantastic stuff.

They were grinding us in the forwards, but they failed to unleash their backs enough. The only time their backs shined was on the counter attack.
They may have played the better Rugby, but that doesn't make them deserved winners. NZ showed a ton of courage, and played smarter than France, that's why they WON!!!!

Ref did not effect the outcome, get over it.

I'm afraid that Joubert did affect the outcome. He failed to penalise the all-blacks for illegal rucking on their own 10 metre line at 68 minutes. France might have scored the penalty goal, making the score 10-8.

Really disappointed in the result, I was so behind France and as I said earlier was just incredibly proud of how they played. To be honest iit just proves that all the idiots and fanboys who wrote france off and said they'd be smashed really don't know the first thing about rugby. In a parallel universe France would be celebrating right now because it was that close. But I'm glad that France did themselves proud and showed why, at least in my view, they are the best northern hemisphere team.

Despite supporting France I love New Zealand as a country and think the people are incredible.Noone would claim they don't deserve to be champions. I do think, however, that they were given too much leeway at the breakdown. So many occasion where I was convinced dusatoir was on his feet challenging for the ball, New Zealand were holding on, and it should have been a penalty. It just seemed to be that extra second that was given to NZ to clear out which proved the difference in those contests. That said, people talking about corruption and NZ buying the cup can do one.

The thing this dispels for me is the crap that people come out with about the team who deserves to win. So often the winning team gets vilified because they won despite not putting out a top performance. You don't just become undeserving simply because the other team played well.

Thank you pommie :p Its nice to see aenglish supporting france :) The only time I ever supported england was the 03 final (yes that was before I became aussie )! thanks again :)

I reckon it d be even better to be a kiwi in NZ :) See if they can match up with us.... we had 1 million people on the champs elysee back in 98 after the world cup win :p
I meant that there must be quite a few kiwi girls looking for a french to give consolation to... Anyway, let's get back on topic!

The following announcement is brought to you by VB, probably the worst beer that I have ever tasted (though it is becoming better by the can):

I LOVE YOU STEPHEN DONALD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez I'm glad the best team didn't win on the night :D
I love you too Stephen, so when I see you again it will be a hug instead of a slap!!.... lmao

I meant that there must be quite a few kiwi girls looking for a french to give consolation to... Anyway, let's get back on topic!
ahahha good one :) btw the way if any kiwi chicks is in sydney, im crying right now and i need a hug ...
ps: i am single ;)

Latest posts