• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

Just looked on Youtube for the Woodock try,
Look at how T-D gets the ball for his break before Dusautoirs try: Piri Weepu chips it right to his hands :lol: - Cooky: Is the ball not out when Rougerie kicks it? It looks like the players whos feet it was under (to still be in the ruck) falls away just leaving Nonu there about to pass the ball, so Rougerie kicked it. I don't know a massive amount about ruck laws though, so I could be well wrong, but I'd have said the ruck was over then

For Woodcocks try Read blocks Harinorodquoy and another 1 or two French players, however rather than a full on block it's more a clever running line - he's running in support of Woodock and just happens to go right in front of where the front lifting pod would need to go to make the tackle - very smart :D
This is the best clip i've found, and it's terrible quality, I had to watch the first few seconds a few times to see it:

You do seem to be looking very hard, and all day!!!

I guess NZ robbed and have never been robbed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly i'm so sad!
Secondly i'm proud of the french final.
Thirdly it was the best final ever.
Quatriemly i'm drunk.
Cinquiemely congratulation to the noirs.
Sixièmelly i spent a fantastic afternoon with a bunch of my best mats.
Septièmely i love all 'the rugby forum members'.
Dernierly rugby is a meaning of live.
I love you so
Thx to all new zealeanderszzzzzzzzzz

I edited my post but why?

Classic post mon ami, we love you too!

And for their semi-final with the Welsh?

Are you asking for a pitchfork mob? :p
In the name of the Auld Alliance (which was with the Scott nevermind!!) bravo les noirs! disapointed but proud of our team. 7/8 a white light among the black cloud...Stop pastis I' ll will becom pathetic and a wave of bad sadness invaded me. So make the peace with the Red and hope they will win (9/8):(

How did you and your countrymen feel in 2007 when Wayne Barnes had a 29 error shocker, refereeing nz vs France in the WC quarter-final ? If I was an all-black supporter, I would have felt awful. As it was, it was very unfair, and it undermines the game when a referee makes so many one-sided mistakes. By the way, I don't believe that any of the referees are in any way dishonest. However, referees do get used to refereeing particular styles of rugby, and are sometimes overwhelmed by the importance of the game. I noticed Wayne Barnes missing a number of forward passes again in his last game.
No critics on the referee; he do his job, we lost;they win, the have the cup, we no, next times will be better.:rolleyes:

Cannot imagine what a Blue would have taken for this, especially with our eye gouger solid reputation.

Already seeing the explanations, involuntary action an so on....But without joking, how many here considere jumping/falling to the ground fist clenched a natural gesture ?
Don't want to speak of the 3 high tackles.

L'ami, we are all disapointed, but let's not remake the match. It happened as it happened, end of the story.

We are all disapointed, all crying, get over it. That's (sadly) part of the game too.

Let just be happy for NZ, that's rugby not football, fair play is part of the game and knowing how to lose with honor is a part of it.

Last edited:
L'ami, we are all disapointed, but let's not remake the match. It happened as it happened, end of the story.

We are all disapointed, all crying, get over it. That's (sadly) part of the game too.

Let just be happy for NZ, that's rugby not football, fair play is part of the game and knowing how to lose with honor is a part of it.

Why shouldn't we have the right to do it ? We're in a forum, the modern "cafe du commerce".
Not here for moaning or be the sore looser of the game but watch a few days behind, and just stop last week for example.
We've been treated all names after Walles game, not deserving to be here from a lot why ? just because we played poorly, never because we had Mr rolland sided.

I applaused NZ many many times even when they scored us 50pts at home, but don't ask me to do it today, sorry

Last edited:
Sky 423 21:40 tonight - apparently Joubert gets ripped in an analysis on Setanta.

I'll watch it so see if the criticisms are justified. Can't say I thought he did a terrible job on first viewing, but we had a busy house so I was a bit distracted.

Press criticism is building, including Stephen Jones - seems Joubert was all the talk in the press centre afterward.

Poor New Zealand. They finally win the cup, yet other events (Simoncelli death, 6-1 Manchester Derby, Libya) mean they barely get a mention on the BBC website!

Just looked on Youtube for the Woodock try,
Look at how T-D gets the ball for his break before Dusautoirs try: Piri Weepu chips it right to his hands :lol: - Cooky: Is the ball not out when Rougerie kicks it? It looks like the players whos feet it was under (to still be in the ruck) falls away just leaving Nonu there about to pass the ball, so Rougerie kicked it. I don't know a massive amount about ruck laws though, so I could be well wrong, but I'd have said the ruck was over then

[TEXTAREA]16.2 JOINING A RUCK

(b) A player joining a ruck must bind on a team-mate or an opponent, using the whole arm. The bind must either precede, or be simultaneous with, contact with any other part of the body of the player joining the ruck.
Sanction: Penalty kick

(c) Placing a hand on another player in the ruck does not constitute binding.
Sanction: Penalty kick[/TEXTAREA]

The ball wasn't out when Rougerie kicked it out out of the ruck (then another French player kicked it again before Weepu tried to chip the ball). However, the only way that Rougerie was legally entitled to play the ball with his feet is if he was part of the ruck, i.e., he must be BOUND into the ruck, He wasn't, so when kicked the ball, he was offside.

For Woodcocks try Read blocks Harinorodquoy and another 1 or two French players, however rather than a full on block it's more a clever running line - he's running in support of Woodock and just happens to go right in front of where the front lifting pod would need to go to make the tackle - very smart :D

Running a supporting line is not blocking or obstruction, otherwise everyone every team-mate of the ball carrier would be obstructing every time they run in support.

The try came about because the All Blacks exploited a tactical error by the French at line-out time. They decided (on the NZ throw) to challenge in two pods when they saw NZ setting up two pods, instead of staying on the ground and preparing to drive. If they had done their homework, they would have known that the AB's have done this exact same move before... watch from 3:50

Last edited by a moderator:
what a game!!! mad respect for the french they were awesome yesterday. they brought their A game making it a contest worthy of a final. hard luck for them though they played really well and everyone in the team were very disappointed after the game (they had every right to, as the game was their for the taking)

all blaacks finally win the world cup.. Woohoo!! long time coming, how great was it that donald kicked the penalty to take the all blacks out to 8?haha good on ya donald. richie holding up the web ellis trophy had everyine buzzing. Shot boys! well done to the ABs. we got the cup!!!

The French are going to blame the referee now

Well, the ghosts of 2007 appear to have left New Zealand shores, and are taking up residence in France.

The shoe ain't so comfortable when its on the other foot, aye?

Karma, I say. Karma!!

what a game!!! mad respect for the french they were awesome yesterday. they brought their A game making it a contest worthy of a final. hard luck for them though they played really well and everyone in the team were very disappointed after the game (they had every right to, as the game was their for the taking)

all blaacks finally win the world cup.. Woohoo!! long time coming, how great was it that donald kicked the penalty to take the all blacks out to 8?haha good on ya donald. richie holding up the web ellis trophy had everyine buzzing. Shot boys! well done to the ABs. we got the cup!!!
Felicitation:(

Why shouldn't we have the right to do it ? We're in a forum, the modern "cafe du commerce".
Not here for moaning or be the sore looser of the game but watch a few days behind, and just stop last week for example.
We've been treated all names after Walles game, not deserving to be here from a lot why ? just because we played poorly, never because we had Mr rolland sided.

I applaused NZ many many times even when they scored us 50pts at home, but don't ask me to do it today, sorry
Nous sommes tous tristes nous avons mieux que les AB mais bon le jeux c'est le jeux, ils ont la coupe et on ne va pas pleurer,,critiquer l'arbitre , comme l'ont fait les Gallois soyons fière dans l'a défaite. Demain ça ira mieux, encore quelques bières !!!;)

Latest posts