• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Jerseys

Unveiled next week,
From what I've seen it's plain white, no red trim or anything.

Funny how the Adidas/ABs have not released the away/alternative shirt yet? Will they go for white or the 2007 grey?;). Surprised that no AB fans have mentioned the lack of any white collar.

It's the same jersey of the last year without the sponsor and with the IRB logo so the away jersey would be the same, white.

It's actually not the same as last year, the differences are pretty hard to see though but it has some detail across the chest and shoulders reminiscent of the leather on the "originals" Jersey

I don't know why the highlanders can't get some subtle tartan on our jerseys to make them a little more original than just the blue with very faint water mark we currently have

The new Italy jersey:

15070205194691540.jpg

dont mind the collar, it gives the jersey a fashionable air, or is that racial stereotyping...

really like that jersey, where as club jersey can be a bit more out there i don't mind when the national ones are are a bit more classic...all be it with a bit of flare in the collar

Adidas do seriously classy rugby jerseys. Canterbury do too, but Adidas beat them in the classic department. Wish we could get them to do the wallabies.

That said, it looks like ASICS might be releasing a decent matchday training shirt for us:
wobs-matchday-jpg.6562

Last edited:
Wouldn't work for the props though.

But I guess it would help with the breast support for them.

Funny you should mention that Tigs.....apparently it worked for the hookers. Hmmmmmm, the plot thickens my fair weathered friend.

Anyway, half time during the S15 final, I cant wait till they swap jerseys....the hookers that is.

Surprised that no AB fans have mentioned the lack of any white collar.

We dropped the white collar in 1999 (I think), and reintroduced it in 2011. I think the 2011-2014 interpretation of the white collar was half-assed and looked odd. I think the jersey looks sharper without the white collar, no complaints from me.

We dropped the white collar in 1999 (I think), and reintroduced it in 2011. I think the 2011-2014 interpretation of the white collar was half-assed and looked odd. I think the jersey looks sharper without the white collar, no complaints from me.

Not so much from an aesthetics point of view, but mainly that the ABs have never won a RWC when their kit is all black.

I'm terribly scared of Nike and what's going to be of us this year. I honestly hope for animal print, something like this:

sanchez.jpg

Something like this but lighter would fit for the initial shirt.

Last edited:

Latest posts