• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Springboks - Samoa (30-09-2011, 20:30)

I think those people are hardly rugby fans. Just morons with nothing to do.

They're lamer than an arthritic, one-legged donkey with the wrong shaped shoes on

Speaking of those 'keyboard warriors'...

Apparently people talking back are getting threatened now as well. I thought it was just me, but a lot of others are receiving death threats in their FB inbox... How crazy is that? I couldn't give a flying ****, since they have to travel 12 hours by plane to even come close to me, but man oh man... It is getting worse by the second. Now Owens is apparently a racist

Disgusting.

I've read through most of Nigel's page and I cannot believe some of the stuff that has been left or has been said.

Knowing Nigel he will ignore the threats. But I do suspect the IRB will add extra security round him to and from games.

Also seen some of the FB groups ... appalling to say the best.

Last edited:
That's awful I thought those sort of things were reserved for footballers and X Factor judges, it's absolutely disgraceful and whatever idiots who are sending them really have to take a look at themselves.

Definitely a shame but you must remember its a minority, albeit vocal.

How is SA team going to shape up now without Steyn and would they be likely to bring Lambie into 10 to spark the backline ? Interested.

I would love to see Lambie move to inside center... For the Sharks he played his best matches in that position

I thought Nigel Owens had a good game, and made the correct decisions towards the end there. Paul Williams deserved a red card, simply because you cannot do that in rugby, closed fist or open fist, it makes no difference because it would be increadibly difficult for the ref or his assistants to see which it was. Brussow was possibly a little foreful in the way he was trying to get Paul Williams to let-go of his shirt, but he didn't purposefully strike the head, and because Williams was stupid enough to continue to hold-on, then he deserved what he got. Brussow turned to walk away, and then got struck. He fell like a sack of potatoes, but there we go.... Was the red card the correct decision? Every single time! He also got Smit's yellow correct imo, although it was close.

What's going on on facebook is simply appalling. I read through some of the posts, and I cannot believe what I was reading. Probably some of the worst behaviour I've seen from rugby fans. I wouldn't be surprised if the IRB punished the Samoan union for the way some of their fans, and some of the players have behaved. Afterall, some of the stuff tweeted by the players has also been downright wrong, and should not be tollerated. It's such a pitty, because I think Samoa should be proud of the way they've played, especially considering the tough schedule they were handed. Ultimately though, Samoa didn't progress from this group because they came up against two better sides. I think they could have progressed from some of the other groups, but there we go, I know how it feels...

To the sensible Samoan supporters, keep your heads held high, it's not your fault that a minority of your countrymen are acting like bitter little children. I just hope that this doesn't have too big an effect on Nigel Owens. I've always thought of him as one of the best ref's going. To be personally attacked in such a way could seriously harm someones self confidence, I just hope he's strong enough to brush the comments off and move on. It's nice to see all the people supporting him on facebook aswell, I'm sure they'll be a great help to him.

LooK. The IRB needs to change the Pools. Have 4 Team pools so no more of these unfair schedules occur. Samoa only had 3 days rest before the Wales game, and 4 days rest before the Saffa game. Now look at Tonga. They had a 6 day rest for their game against Japan, and a full 7 days before their game against France. They said they felt refreshed before each match.

I don't think you'll find anyone who say's it's not wrong that Samoa (and others) had such little rest in between matches....

i know im a bit late but...

did u guys notice how many tackles we slipped in the 2nd half? not a good stat at all. i think lambie is the only guy in the squad along with juan de jongh maybe who goes for the ankles every time he tackles a player, and if hougaard's head was on the right side when he made that tackle then he would'nt have gotten knocked out.

btw did u guys see the huge impact john smit made when coming off the bench?

I have no idea why people are so excited about the way Samoa played that game.

Before that game I thought they were the darlings of the World cup, definitely the most improved team by miles.

after the game I've completely lost respect for the Samoan Rugby team, that was a joke.
Their players repeatedly kept provoking the Springboks (probably hoping for a retaliation in order to get a yellow out of the situation).

I saw Samoan players pulling Schalk out of a ruck -by his ****ing hair-.
Choking schalk off the ball.
That slap that Jannie gave, was -after- the Samoan player hit him in the face.
that Samoan #5 especially, kept shoving everyone off the ball, including shoving Habana after he was already out of the field of play.
That hit in the face, guess what, if you get hit in the face by a Samoan (flat hand or not) you're going to feel it, Brossouw milked absolutely nothing.

The Samoan Rugby team can go back home and stay a tier 2 nation for as long as possible for all I care, that kind of thuggery doesn't belong in rugby. The Springboks were -immensely- disciplined not to have retaliated at all.

I understand the referee trying to let the game flow, but honestly that could have been handled much better.

I have no idea why people are so excited about the way Samoa played that game.

Before that game I thought they were the darlings of the World cup, definitely the most improved team by miles.

after the game I've completely lost respect for the Samoan Rugby team, that was a joke.
Their players repeatedly kept provoking the Springboks (probably hoping for a retaliation in order to get a yellow out of the situation).

I saw Samoan players pulling Schalk out of a ruck -by his ****ing hair-.
Choking schalk off the ball.
That slap that Jannie gave, was -after- the Samoan player hit him in the face.
that Samoan #5 especially, kept shoving everyone off the ball, including shoving Habana after he was already out of the field of play.
That hit in the face, guess what, if you get hit in the face by a Samoan (flat hand or not) you're going to feel it, Brossouw milked absolutely nothing.

The Samoan Rugby team can go back home and stay a tier 2 nation for as long as possible for all I care, that kind of thuggery doesn't belong in rugby. The Springboks were -immensely- disciplined not to have retaliated at all.

I understand the referee trying to let the game flow, but honestly that could have been handled much better.

Schalk Burger? Poor soul, wouldn't eye gouge a fly.

Haha, what?!
He milked it for all it was worth

I agree that William's hit was bad deserved a card blah blah blah, but Brussouw was rolling around on the floor like a footballer

Haha, listen to the tough guys.

You think what you want, maybe you wouldn't even have flinched eh ?
Just stood there and stared it down with your extreme pain threshold of epicosity.

What I don't get is how everyone keeps harping on about how dirty South africans apparently play and then when Samoa play one of the dirtiest games of rugby I have ever seen in my life they get applauded for "keeping it a close match" or "really staying in there", not to mention how the Samoans seem to want to kill a referee for giving what was and obvious red card to someone who obviously deserved one.

People, the game was a joke, Samoa should be ashamed of what happened on that field, not act as if it was a great match :/

You can think whatever you want to think about it in the end, but that Samoan team has lost pretty much all credibility for me, which is a shame, because they were the one Island team that showed real professionalism in the way they gained proper structure in their play, to the point where I would have pegged them to beat anyone in the world a few years from now if they continue the trend.

Haha, listen to the tough guys.

You think what you want, maybe you wouldn't even have flinched eh ?
Just stood there and stared it down with your extreme pain threshold of epicosity.
Where did I say that?
Just saying that the hit that Williams dished out was not = to the reaction by Brussouw

Sean Fitzpatrick said after the match "That guy puts his head where most people wouldn't put a hand, but the ease that he hit the deck with....."

Just a hint Boggle - every non South African I've talked to reckon he milked it.

Which means he probably milked it.

Hey! The only people who know something about milking are the Dutch, and I am saying he didn't milk it ;)

Latest posts