• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Springboks - Samoa (30-09-2011, 20:30)

As someone who has worked on a dairy farm, with a herd of 500+ being milked twice a day, I can safely say that he was :p

Milking or not miling, we can merely give subjective opinions... This is now being blown out of proportion, if he was milking it, it would've been all over the news, especially aussie and NZ media... But it's not so go on and talk and say what you think about it... Bottom line the saffas held their nerve, didn't give in to the Samoan dirty tactics, held their heads high and won the game...

No ones denying that (or at least they shouldn't!) - We're just saying that he milked it, after it was said he didn't :p

Lets just say that he wasn't in a hurry to get back on his feet. Leave it at that ;)

I have no idea why people are so excited about the way Samoa played that game.

Before that game I thought they were the darlings of the World cup, definitely the most improved team by miles.

after the game I've completely lost respect for the Samoan Rugby team, that was a joke.
Their players repeatedly kept provoking the Springboks (probably hoping for a retaliation in order to get a yellow out of the situation).

I saw Samoan players pulling Schalk out of a ruck -by his ****ing hair-.
Choking schalk off the ball.
That slap that Jannie gave, was -after- the Samoan player hit him in the face.
that Samoan #5 especially, kept shoving everyone off the ball, including shoving Habana after he was already out of the field of play.
That hit in the face, guess what, if you get hit in the face by a Samoan (flat hand or not) you're going to feel it, Brossouw milked absolutely nothing.

The Samoan Rugby team can go back home and stay a tier 2 nation for as long as possible for all I care, that kind of thuggery doesn't belong in rugby. The Springboks were -immensely- disciplined not to have retaliated at all.

I understand the referee trying to let the game flow, but honestly that could have been handled much better.

Mate, let it be.

Only people who think our players were dirty is from SA supporters on here. This coming from a crew who have a long history of dirty tactics on a rugby field.

It was a tough competitive match and you guys won just be happy and go on to the quarters and beat the Wallabies.

Well, to be fair, there were some disgraceful moments for which both teams are to blame.

I think everyone agrees that the lower-ranked teams had a disadvantage this RWC, and the only way it can be changed is to have pools with 4 teams in stead of 5. Also I think it's ridiculous that you qualify for the following World Cup by finishing 3rd in the group stage. Back in 1995 it was only the runner-up and no. 3 who were automatically qualified (which brought some extra value to the 3rd/4th place play off.

The downside is, when should teams like Scotland, Italy, Argentina and Ireland find the time to play qualification matches with the 4/6 Nations already being on the calendar?

I just think it would be nice to have the bigger teams qualify because it would automatically bring some extra matches for the minnows where they can actually prove themselves and grow

Dont be surprise if you dont see the island teams at the next world cup. How fd up would that be if the so called minnows all pulled away from the irb. Try selling your 8 team world cup to the world lmao. This is what islands teams should do as well as the other minnows, just pull out now.

Yeah, something needs to be done and hopefully will be done before the start of the next world cup. IRB board needs to change and changes need to be made for the better of the game and the growth of rugby.

I was at the game on Friday and although Samoa loss I walked out a happier man than my South African buddy who sat beside me. It was as what I predicted before the game. A very physical encounter. Some of the refs decision were poor but that's been the case with a lot of the games in this world cup.

Good luck to the Bokkes as they continue on there journey. Well done Manu Samoa, you have made all Samoans proud. Look forward to bigger and better things from the Manu!!

Now go the AB's.....

Brussouw should've been sanctioned but Smit shouldn't have been. We have the technology of the video evidence why don't we use it. It's soooooo frustrating that the referee could've said the video referee to make a call on what happened, played the video and seen the punches by Brussouw and the reaction by Williams causing both players to be red carded with Brussouw being cited and a possible ban for thuggerry.

The Smit one on the other hand was not a yellow, you have to take into account that Smit is a fat, out of shape kinda guy and for him to turn against the tide like that it's not possible for him to reach out with two hands or jump at the ball, throwing one arm up in a position like that is all he could do in hopes the ball juggles in the air then he can make a second attempt to catch it and I believe that's what he was trying to do. If you watch the replay, he doesn't try to slap it down at all.

And for all the Saffers being content with Smit's send off and suggesting the Samoan supporters do the same with Williams. It definitely would've been the other way around if SA had lost. I'm telling you now!.

Brussouw should've been sanctioned but Smit shouldn't have been. We have the technology of the video evidence why don't we use it. It's soooooo frustrating that the referee could've said the video referee to make a call on what happened, played the video and seen the punches by Brussouw and the reaction by Williams causing both players to be red carded with Brussouw being cited and a possible ban for thuggerry.

I suppose it would have been the toothfairy who would have told them to go to the TMO and ask him to replay the footage of an incident of which they didn't know occured? (I speak of Brussouw hits of course)

The touch judge either didn't know or didn't consider Brussouw's actions harsh enough, and if the referee didn't accept them then he undermines the authority of the assistant refs, and theoretically all the refs are supposed to have an equal authority. Then we go down a dogged road for the entire sport.

What I don't get is why people are so hung up on Brussow trying to free himself from Williams. If his taps were really that horrible and not-done, why wasn't there any citing commissioner bringing it up the next day? I am sure they noticed and I am sure they would have brought it up if it was worth a ban

What I don't get is why people are so hung up on Brussow trying to free himself from Williams. If his taps were really that horrible and not-done, why wasn't there any citing commissioner bringing it up the next day? I am sure they noticed and I am sure they would have brought it up if it was worth a ban

That is exactly what I asked a couple of pages earlier!! The non-saffas will go on and on and farmer olyy isn't helping the situation at all either! As I'm typing this I'm watching the game again, and in the first half there were three occurances where a Samoan player shoved or slapped Brussouw, once it was in front of the ref, where he said to the Samoan captain that it's the captain's job to keep the team's discipline up, not the refs! And the next ****ling problem will be a card...

So what's the problem now actually?

So what's the problem now actually?

He grimaced in pain and played the part of an assault victim. Thats my only problem. Hate to see that from any player in any team and in any sport.

To the people who say he wasn't hamming it up, lets just wait until he takes a fend to the face 10x as powerful as that from Corey Jane. I bet my house that he would bounce back up unfazed, without squealing or flailing or checking his face for fractures.

He grimaced in pain and played the part of an assault victim. Thats my only problem. Hate to see that from any player in any team and in any sport.

To the people who say he wasn't hamming it up, lets just wait until he takes a fend to the face 10x as powerful as that from Corey Jane. I bet my house that he would bounce back up unfazed, without squealing or flailing or checking his face for fractures.
Exactly this - It's like Sean Fitzpatrick said, He'll have props walking all over his head at the bottom of a ruck and he'll be straight up - little shove on the side of the head and it's like he's been shot

Didn't hear you call out when SBW took a dive.

Latest posts