• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] England vs Argentina (09/09/2023)

Why are you friends with people who dont watch rugby? That's surely the real question here. Don't dump the wife, dumps the friends.
You're assuming that VT has friends or his own, as opposed to counting the wife's friends.
That's a big assumption there.
Sorry VT, love ya really

You're assuming that VT has friends or his own, as opposed to counting the wife's friends.
That's a big assumption there.
Sorry VT, love ya really
VT's friends are his bike that 25 year old him would blush at the price of and the open road. Also old club mates whose only friends are their wives' friends.

VT's friends are his bike that 25 year old him would blush at the price of and the open road. Also old club mates whose only friends are their wives' friends.
Pretty much - men are only allowed friends of their own whilst they're in education, or playing a team sport.
Once that's done, we either have to count the wife's friends, or count the dog (dogs totally count!)

Ouch. Far too close to home!!

What a sad existence (says someone who has definitely not just spent 2.5k on golf clubs, definitely hasn't, that'd be mad)

And I very definitely wouldn't have spent that kind of money on a bike frame several years ago, definitely not, that'd be mad.

(BTW I wish golfers would get off my local bloody golf course while we're using it for its proper purpose of dog walking. Lethal, the ruddy lot of em - all the gear and no idea).

Oh and Mrs VT may take divorce out of my hands before tomorrow anyway.

Of my 3 favourite sports, tonight we have:

RWC opening match

Brussels Diamond League in athletics

Vuelta a Espana highlights in cycling (today's stage and yesterday's….).

There's also a cricket ODI under way….

Might be a very unloaded suggestion that she may fancy an early night.

Oh and Mrs VT may take divorce out of my hands before tomorrow anyway.

Of my 3 favourite sports, tonight we have:

RWC opening match

Brussels Diamond League in athletics

Vuelta a Espana highlights in cycling (today's stage and yesterday's….).

There's also a cricket ODI under way….

Might be a very unloaded suggestion that she may fancy an early night.
Easy. Trade freedom tonight for her thing tomorrow and you get to watch possibly the best match of the pools, athletics, cycling and cricket and then on top you get to miss England losing. Sounds like a win, win to me.

Easy. Trade freedom tonight for her thing tomorrow and you get to watch possibly the best match of the pools, athletics, cycling and cricket and then on top you get to miss England losing. Sounds like a win, win to me.

Consider yourself hired as my life coach. It's a tough gig and the pay's lousy.

Another game I do not have a clue about. Glad to see Mitchell picked at scrum half. At least reward a guy who doesn't do awful when all those around them are. I can't see that being a decisive selection though.

I've not been overly impressed by the Pumas fullback and know less than nothing about their centres. So it is wild guess time.

Because of the heat and the apparent coaching gulf, I will go with

England 16 - 29 Pumas

Almost time then. Is it gonna be the very definition of insanity from England? Or are they gonna find a gear to start making an impact?

Not long to find out - I'm a mix of stupidly hopeful that we find some combinations to help us dig out a result versus utterly terrified we get thumped by a team that mixes it in the Rugby Championship really well.

Penny for Borthwicks thoughts with 45 mins to go.

Latest posts