• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SA a bigger threat to NZ than any other Team

Like Nick said, our only threat this year is ourselves. We play well in everygame the cup is ours!

... Yep, assuming that the other teams haven't prepared measures to counter the ABs OR are better prepared OR we could just simply get beaten by a better team on the day

A lot has been said that the final is probably going to feature NZ and AUS,but I feel SA could just be the bigger threat.If things go according to plan,than NZ and SA could well meet in the semi-final and that's where I think NZ fans hearts can be broken or get filled with Joy. As it stands right now its NZ world cup to lose as they clearly ahead of most teams right now.What makes me say SA is the biggest threat to NZ is because SA knows how to beat NZ in their home soil than the AUS,who havnt won there in years...in fact I struggle to find a team in the world that can beat NZ in their home soil than the SA team!!So if NZ can beat SA in the predicted semi-final(if it gets there) than I don't see how NZ could not win the Wolrd Cup!#Just my opinion
Hahaha oh you Boks!!!!!

SA is and has always been new zealands biggest threat! nz has won 56% of all the matches between the two great rugby nations, this is the lowest winning rate and by a long way (next lowest is 68 between nz and aus). Aus do pose a threat and i believe they have a good chance...my only worry with aus is whether they can bring their good form into the wc or whether they peaking too early and by the knockouts are beyond their best. if sa get throw to face nz in the semi's i believe we would be peaking and when sa peak, pressure games are our specialty. looking forward to seein how things turn out! will be gutted if sa dont show there potential in the cup

SA is and has always been new zealands biggest threat! nz has won 56% of all the matches between the two great rugby nations, this is the lowest winning rate and by a long way (next lowest is 68 between nz and aus). Aus do pose a threat and i believe they have a good chance...my only worry with aus is whether they can bring their good form into the wc or whether they peaking too early and by the knockouts are beyond their best. if sa get throw to face nz in the semi's i believe we would be peaking and when sa peak, pressure games are our specialty. looking forward to seein how things turn out! will be gutted if sa dont show there potential in the cup

Those stats are pretty irrelevant,stats of what happens in head to heads at the world cup is what you need to look at.

Tri nations play each other the most,if every year you had a 9 nations you'd see a whole other ball game on overall stats

Those stats are pretty irrelevant,stats of what happens in head to heads at the world cup is what you need to look at.

Tri nations play each other the most,if every year you had a 9 nations you'd see a whole other ball game on overall stats

i agree to a certain degree...was just trying to show that nz battle the most against sa. Southern hemisphere has the stronger rugby and in my opinion a 9 nations wouldnt make a difference, teams like ireland and wales only share one win between their combined 52 matches against the all blacks...cant argue with facts

i agree to a certain degree...was just trying to show that nz battle the most against sa. Southern hemisphere has the stronger rugby and in my opinion a 9 nations wouldnt make a difference, teams like ireland and wales only share one win between their combined 52 matches against the all blacks...cant argue with facts
sorry meant 4 was typing in a rush

Stats don't lie but when it comes to WC it is generally France that is the greater threat. The draw for this years WC rules France out coz they are in the same group and should not face eachother until the final which is highly unlikely.

So I would have to agree and say that SA are their biggest threat coz if all goes to plan they should face eachother in the Semi Finals.
Even if NZ win that game they are gonna be hurting (physical battle) if they play OZ in the final! Should wear them down a bit for the Ozzies or whichever team makes the final.

There is no doubt in my mind that Australia is the AB's biggest threat. They are the number 2 ranked team in the world, can beat any team on their day, and the AB's have never beaten them in a RWC: Australia and New Zealand have meet twice in the RWC, with Australia winning both times (1991, 2003). This is of course assuming the AB's make it far enough to face Australia; assuming both win their pools they could only meet in the final, and the AB's haven't made it through to the final for 16 years!

"Fashion" and "healthy" two seemingly completely unrelated to meet a Birkenstock Sandal elements of the chemical reaction happened quickly, this is also not strange why this has 230 years shoemaking history slippers Birkenstock rage springs brand since may.When you put on any style of birkenstock just like health on the soft sand beach barefoot on as comfortable;Birki Tofino Check Pink Birko-Flor Sandal So by numerous star, celebrity adored, to now has become a boom for everyone's idea of shoes.
With 230 years years experience of Germany's slippers old shoes brands Birkin 's launched the Sporty series with sports flavor. So when you put on any style of Birkenstock health shoes like barefoot on the soft sand as comfortable.The launch of the Sporty series take the entire retained Designer Birkenstock Slippers scomfortable patent shoes bed. Shoes head part adopts high-grade top shammy, shoe body is the first adopted canvas fabrics, broke the Birkenstock consistent style. Match colors respectively, blue, red, orange, white and black,Birki Cancun All Over Checks Orange Birko-Flor Sandal gorgeous color and fashion design reflects the accompanying and inspired free way of life.

LOL... That's the most sense anyone has made in this thread!

The Springboks yesterday again proved that should they make it to the SF they are serious threats to upsetting NZ in NZ. I know it was not the strongest NZ team that lost to SA yesterday but there were some brilliant players on the Park. In fact many of those NZ players will be in the starting 22 come RWC. Those NZ players left behind have also tasted defeat at the hands of the Springboks and importantly some of those recent (2009) losses were in NZ.

Ironically Brussouw was playing in those test matches as well. In my opinion it should come down to who has the greater influence in the match result come WC, Carter or Brussouw! I just hope neither get injured.

Haven't read all posts but won of the reasons S.A. beat N.Z. is that they playthem more than everyone else other then Aus.

I'm hoping for Ireland to beat them in the final there's always a first time.:D

won of the reasons? At lost we managed to beat them you mean ;)

Thank you very much great feature that you can't edit in this section.

Haven't read all posts but won of the reasons S.A. beat N.Z. is that they playthem more than everyone else other then Aus.

I'm hoping for Ireland to beat them in the final there's always a first time.:D

You have a point if you are talking about the amount of times SA have beaten them but that is not the point. Look at the winning ratio. SA and OZ play NZ just as much in fact Oz have played them more of late due to their Hong Kong fixtures over the last few years. SA still have the best winning percentage. Look at all the other nations winning percentage, only SA come close to 50% with a 46% win ratio as opposed to NZ's 55.4% winning ratio.

You are right, I could not believe it when I checked the stats,

These teams have never beaten NZ:

Argentina, Canada, Fiji, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Pacific Islanders, Portugal, Romania, Samoa, Scotland, Tonga, United States

Well Heinrich Brussouw's record vs NZ is now 4 from 4. so now we can wrap him up in cotton, quickly beat Wales and Samoa and the other 2 teams, beat whoever we get in the quarters, take him out of the cotton and let him loose against the AB's...

problem solved!

55.4+46+draws? I doubt the springboks have beaten us 46% of the times we have played them

Aussie are by far the biggest threat to the All Blacks. Mainly because they play the same style of game and because Aussies are notorious for lifting themselves to the big occasions. If and when they meet, the Wallabies only need Quade Cooper to have a blinder and it could very well be a done deal. The All Blacks know they can play their own style of rugby against the Boks and if they field a full strength side it'll be a difficult juggernaut to defend against.

Regardless of what happens this weekend in Brissy I think the All Blacks will feel the threat of the Wallabies more.

55.4+46+draws? I doubt the springboks have beaten us 46% of the times we have played them

You're right. Best I could come to is just over 43% if you take the NZ cavalier matches as well (during the Apartheid years). I think he may have included the drawn matches as wins which you obviously can't- unless you want to say; 'we haven't lost in 46% of matches' which is a bit silly LOL.

Another interesting stat which I can't confirm from any sources but I'm sure I remember it correctly is that Victor Matfield would now have a 63% win ratio as captain over NZ.

Latest posts