1 Gill
2 Brits
3 Nieto
4 Borthwick
5 Vyvyan
6 Van Heerden
7 Saull
8 Joubert

Bench - Ongaro, Mercey, Skuse, Botha, Owen, Marshall, Hougaard and a.n.other...

And the Saints team

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS TEAM TO PLAY SARACENS
Guinness Premiership Round 2
Wembley Stadium
Saturday, September 13th, 2009
Kick off 2:45pm
15 Ben Foden
14 Paul Diggin
13 Jon Clarke
12 James Downey
11 Bruce Reihana
10 Shane Geraghty
9 Lee Dickson
1 Soane Tonga’uiha
2 Dylan Hartley (capt)
3 Santiago Bonorino
4 Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe
5 Juandre Kruger
6 Phil Dowson
7 Scott Gray
8 Roger Wilson

Replacements
16 Brett Sharman
17 Regardt Dreyer
18 Brian Mujati
19 Courtney Lawes
20 Neil Best
21 Alan Dickens
22 Barry Everitt
23 Chris Mayor

Saints by a try. Glad to see Gray back where he belongs in the 7 jersey, but I'd rather the back-row from last season had been kept together with Best at 6 and Dowson as cover. Need to retain possession better than last week, but we played some nice rugby with Geraghty at 10 so can hopefully do the same again. Expect to see the ever underated Downey punching some holes.

Saracens by a try. The ticket office has been making noises about 43,000+ being sold thus far and also Ticketmaster have sold their allocation now (although that allocation could be anywhere between 10 to 90,000 :lol: ). Meanwhile the 'fish Saracens site and the media are quoting figures of "over 35,000".

Nice to see some consistency in selection as it did perform reasonably well last week. Theres gonna be a war between Psyho and Britts I think although a better battle will be found between Alex Goode and Ben Foden. Absolutely mouth watering prospect that.

Interesting that you call Hartley the Psycho, when Brits is the one who should have been sent off for losing his tantrum last week! :lol: Anyway, that is a match-up I'm looking forward to - Britts being slightly more dynamic and agile and Hartley edging strength and power.

Also the game (from Saracens point of view) hangs with Chris Wyles. When he was at Saints, I ****** my pants every time he was made to defend - Against Reihana, Foden (assuming he's not playing like a cock again) or Diggin I expect him to be on toast.

Saints pack is much better then the <strike>Mordor massive</strike> Watford side, the backs of either isn't an easy one to split.

Then again, if Foden plays like a cock again, none of this matters.

Did I mention I don't want to see Foden once again play like a cock?

Ah, well, it wasn't Brits who flew in with a punch al la a certain England and 'Oirish Full Back that caused the entire fiasco in the first place ;)

Wyles has gotten better, last season he was of a reasonable standard. He's better than Varndell anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 11 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wyles has gotten better, last season he was of a reasonable standard. He's better than Varndell anyway.[/b]

Not hard. Even I'm better then Varndell in all but pace!

Drop-goal....they even play like a South African team.

Geraghty with a dropgoal in return,

3-3

Picked up in the second half. Two tries in the first five minutes. Went stale for a bit, then Northampton went all out to nick it at the death, which I thought they did - surely that prop scraped the tryline with the ball?

Ah well. 19 - 16 Sarries.

Latest posts