• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v England

True.

Glasgow you'll get stabbed AND some sort of disease. If by some freak of nature you don't get stabbed you'll be dead by the time your 50.

And Dundee is just a series of roundabouts on the way to Aberdeen.

Hey, just joined. Forum looks great.

Anyone got any pics (or even a video) of the big tackle from Jason White on Sackey?

Reckon it would look pretty sweet on ma desktop hahaha

Cheers in advance.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I'd hate to be somewhat over-patriotic but I think both Balshaw and Noon should be cited.
It was a deliberate shoulder on Hugo Southwell with malicious intent, not only did he lead in with his shoulder but he drove it into Southwells chest.
The Balshaw/Lamont incident wasn't as malicious but it's still an example of dangerous play, he led in with this legs and knocked out a player by kneeing him in the head. In my eyes that is dangerous play and he should be reprimanded for it.

I also think Wilkinson should be at least giving a warning for his shocking dive, it's something that needs to be erased from rugby before it even starts happening.
[/b]

Southwell might learn to run 'around' a player in future instead of right at him.

I fail to see how blame can be attached to Balshaw? Both players put their body on the line on a slippery pitch. No case top answer at all IMO.

A warning for Wilkinson? Wasn't exactly Oscar material was it?

Quite right there was no intent from Balshaw it was just an accident. Wilkinson looked an absolute twat,that and the drop should be enough punishment.

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

OK, there was no intent from Balshaw - but there doesnt need to be intent for it to be dangerous play!

Blows to the head can have serious (and sometimes fatal) consequences, and although it was an accident Balshaw needs to take more care as to what his knees are doing in future.

I think a citing would be harsh, but it should certainly been a penalty to Scotland, and possibly 10 minutes in the bin for Balshaw.

And EG, slagging off Glasgow? for petes sake, you come from Edinburgh! ;)

but agreed, Dundee is a serious of roundabouts on the way to Aberdeen - a port on the way to...

Well actually, is there anything worthwhile up there? ;) (I suppose there is Inverness for the Rangers fans amoung us :D )

Next week I want to see Simpson-Daniel,Ashton(not f***ing Brian),Kennedy,Stevens,Cipriani,Hartley,Allen and the like all given a go . What could possibly be the reason for not doing this? [/b]
Because you'll be accused of copying the French - but at this stage, I think even the World's Greatest Commentator would approve of that.

Rest of your post is spot on - England looked like zombies bumping in to the furniture.

<div class='quotemain'>
You`ve obviously never been to Scotland then.
This is from a guy who lives in Perth the most soleless place on earth. I bet you come back with the weathers good. Whoopyf***ingdo!
[/b]
First off, I was just doing a bit of fishin....mission accomplished....second off....you've obviously heard about our crisis in the shoe industry...hardly something to joke about....but seriously, give Perth a visit, there is a reason once people are here they rarely leave again ;)
[/b][/quote]
Ive been there loads of times as ive got relatives there.Why anyone would live there when there are so many great places in your beautiful country is beyond me.

True.

Glasgow you'll get stabbed AND some sort of disease. If by some freak of nature you don't get stabbed you'll be dead by the time your 50.

And Dundee is just a series of roundabouts on the way to Aberdeen. [/b]

On the train to or from Aberdeen passing through Dundee, everyone would tighten visibly, shuffle away from the windows and pull personal belongings, bags, etc closer to themselves. It was like passing through downtown Baghdad on a horse drawn cart...when the train crossed the bridge or headed out of Dundee on the other end, everyone sighed audibly :lol:

How intent it was isn't the issue, it's a matter of carelessness.
And Dundee is more than a series of roundabouts on the way to Aberdeen, we have junkies and a boat too.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
You`ve obviously never been to Scotland then.
This is from a guy who lives in Perth the most soleless place on earth. I bet you come back with the weathers good. Whoopyf***ingdo!
[/b]
First off, I was just doing a bit of fishin....mission accomplished....second off....you've obviously heard about our crisis in the shoe industry...hardly something to joke about....but seriously, give Perth a visit, there is a reason once people are here they rarely leave again ;) [/b][/quote]

Please, BLR don't mock the man.
He clearly wasn't talking about shoes and you know it.

...he was talking about fish.
[/b][/quote]

I meant its a codforsaken place.

Yes Lineens_tartan_army, I'm from Edinburgh so I've got every right to slag you weegie's off!

Aberdeen is OK, it's much less offensive than ScumDee.

just watched a re-run of the game(must be bored) and I have to give the Scots credit. In a dire game they were the ones trying to play the rugby and their passion was what you would expect in a calcutta cup match. Well done Scotland you`ve had a nightmare season so far so to turn it round slightly was admirable.

These posts are annoying

Wilkinson didn't dive, he went down easily because a stupid scotsman put his arm across his shoulders and held on to him.

Balshaw went in with his knees, but so did whoever the other person was, they both went in knee first. It was just an unlucky angle and his knee connected in an unlucky place. If Balshaw went in head first, he would have been the one who got knocked out by a knee.

And it was the f***in Scottish whistling and booing and clapping, not the English. You think they'd do that to their own kicker you stupid f***ing idiot? :ranting:

Yeah, got to say the Balshaw incident was accidental. You could tell it was a 50/50, and Lamont came out worse. Granted Balshaw shouldn't have led with his knees because it's just plain silly, but an accident none the less.

Scotland fans always boo England's kicker. It's just the way it is, we just don't like you lot that much, sorry!

I didn't see the Wilko incident but he doesn't strike me as the sort of player that'd cheat so I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm very surprised about the Southwell incident though. You could have argued that Borthwick (was it?) was comitted to the tackle, but even if he was it was a tackle, it was a body check and dangerous foul play. He should have been shown yellow.

These are all academic though, Scotland won the game by being the better side and I don't see how any of these things would have changed the outcome of the match.

Yes Lineens_tartan_army, I'm from Edinburgh so I've got every right to slag you weegie's off!

[/b]

Yup Dundee is a shithole if im brutally honest. Edinburgh is immense because its for real people who dont like sporting the latest 10 inch blade in stock ;)

I know the Balshaw incident is academical now (as is the Southwell one) as I certainly dont think there should be any citings. (well, accept for that muppet Ashton! ;) ) Im just making the point Balshaw should have been more careful. Although it was a 50/50 and he was entitled to go for it, he must have seen Lamont was going to be there slightly ahead of him and should have done more to avoid him.

Think it should have been a penalty for reckless play, but little more.

Watching the rerun today, something that struck me was Kaplan warning the English about 10 minutes in about coming in from the side. (just before Patersons first kick) and he said "do it again and youll be off for 10". But England did continue to do it, so why was no yellow shown?

Im not saying I think they deserved it, but if Kaplan has warned them about it then surley he must act when they continue to do so? But thats academical now, merley raising this since I (and even high-profile writers in scotland) have been noticing a complete lack of quality from referee's this season. In the professional game livelyhoods are at stake, and Wilko's bad performance yesterday - for example - he will be held accountable for, so should refs also be hald accountable for their decisions? (With that coment I mean in particular ones like the dubious third try against Scotland in Cardiff, but there have been many others)

And Chinwaggler, I know it was the scots booing kicks (but that seems to be comon place now - was happening at the Stade de France today also) but what I found disgraceful was the English guys Booing, Jeering and Slowly clapping when Lamont was unconcious.

And ive decided I need to stop going to Murrayfield: twice in the last 3 games ive attended there have seen a player (both times in my side) being taken to hospital unconcious!

Kind of agree on both Noon and Balshaw.

From Balshaw's point, it wasnt malicious, but he did lead with the knees to protect himself (without any thought for the player whos head he was about to remove). Reckless, but not nasty.

As for Noon, it was a shoulder charge, fairly blatant really. Ref missed, but its not somthing for the citing commissioner.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Yup Dundee is a shithole if im brutally honest. Edinburgh is immense because its for real people who dont like sporting the latest 10 inch blade in stock ;)
[/b][/quote]

Dundee is nowhere near as bad as it sounds, sure we have our share of shites but no more than any other city in Scotland, nay the UK, nay the world.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Dundee is nowhere near as bad as it sounds, sure we have our share of shites but no more than any other city in Scotland, nay the UK, nay the world. [/b][/quote]

It is a shithole. Don't listen to this man, only Dundonians say that Dundee isn't crap...like how Invernesians say that Inverness isn't full of unemployed alcoholics with carpet burns all over their faces...

Kind of agree on both Noon and Balshaw...

..As for Noon, it was a shoulder charge, fairly blatant really. Ref missed, but its not something for the citing commissioner. [/b]

Indeed, intentional or not, it was pretty stupid and a quick way to gifting the opposing side three points and a stay in the bin. I think maybe it does fall under the remit of the citing commissioner or would we have known by now?

It was my first time at a Calcutta Cup match yesterday, thought it was a great day out, really pleased by the win. Thought Hines, MacLeod, Blair and Southwell were our star men.

I set a tape to record the game on TV, but something went wrong and it didn't work. Did anyone record the game and if so, could you put it on a DVD and send it to me, as I'd love to see it again?

Not sure anyone English would object to Balshaw being cited for anything at all. Seems about the only way we can get rid of him at the moment.

Wilkinson didn't dive but he did dramatise his fall. And looked like an utter *** as a result. Might have got the penalty if he didn't throw his arms up like an Italian centre forward.

It was my first time at a Calcutta Cup match yesterday, thought it was a great day out, really pleased by the win. Thought Hines, MacLeod, Blair and Southwell were our star men.

I set a tape to record the game on TV, but something went wrong and it didn't work. Did anyone record the game and if so, could you put it on a DVD and send it to me, as I'd love to see it again?
[/b]

mate, thanks to modern technology there is no need - BBC iPlayer will have the game until Fri/Sat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search/?q=six...Find+Programmes

(not sure what the difference between the 2 there is though! :?

Not sure anyone English would object to Balshaw being cited for anything at all. Seems about the only way we can get rid of him at the moment.

Wilkinson didn't dive but he did dramatise his fall. And looked like an utter *** as a result. Might have got the penalty if he didn't throw his arms up like an Italian centre forward. [/b]

:larf:

This Wilkinson incident, could someone guide me to it? (Havent a clue what it is, but then again you dont see the finer details from the more atmospheric seats)

Latest posts