• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Ireland

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 11 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yep, he said so himself when announcing the team. Just rotation but in positions where quality backup is available.

A good move, regardless of whether we win or lose.[/b]
:huh: You know what's at stake, right?

Rotation is fine early in the season. At the sharp end you put your best out every time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 10 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rotation is fine early in the season. At the sharp end you put your best out every time.[/b]
You sound like E O'Sullivan ;)

This is the best team we can put out. Stringer for O'Leary has been debated for past month, as has D'Arcy for Wallace. Heaslip only got his shot because of Leamy's injury and Best for Flannery gives us extra grunt in the front row where we are probably going to take a pasting.

There is security in picking the same old team, time and time again, but I'm all for rotating a few here and there, just for the sheer feckin hell of it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 10 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
maybe even Hayes could be replaced instead of Horan.[/b]
Substituting Hayes? What kinda crazy fool are you? Our lineout would collapse, the scrum would buckle .......... :help:

I think our best 12 is Paddy Wallace, our best 9 is O'Leary and our best 8 is Heaslip so you can't say it is our best team, still a very good one though. Who knows who will start against Wales, but I'm hoping to see Earls wearing 22.

Court, Micko and Murphy are injury cover rather than impact subs, bringing in Earls and Donnacha Ryan would give us more options.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Mar 10 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think our best 12 is Paddy Wallace, our best 9 is O'Leary and our best 8 is Heaslip so you can't say it is our best team, still a very good one though. Who knows who will start against Wales, but I'm hoping to see Earls wearing 22.

Court, Micko and Murphy are injury cover rather than impact subs, bringing in Earls and Donnacha Ryan would give us more options.[/b]

Well, I know you've all probably been sitting on teh edge of your seats waiting to hear what Monkeypigeon (as fast as a turtle as asmart as a cheetah) has to say on this...well brace yourselves!

Firstly I agree with what Munsterman has to say about the subs.Ryan seems to be getting better everytime I see him and we all know that Keith 'the Kettle' Earls is an amazing player to start or come off the bench. So I'd to see that for Wales also.

Paddy has failed to impress me at 12 so far for Ireland. He's been solid, no more. So I'm happy to see Darcy get a chance. And given the quality of Leamy and Best I think it's unfair not to give them a game.Best in particular who's been playing well for Ulster this season. And of course Leamy was a fixture in the team before injury and we'd probably be calling him for Lions if it wasn't for that injury, so it's ridiculous to think he's weaken the team.

Gladiator, I salute you!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Mar 10 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think our best 12 is Paddy Wallace, our best 9 is O'Leary and our best 8 is Heaslip so you can't say it is our best team[/b]
I agree with you on Heaslip but the others are all 50:50 calls, and Leamy's inclusion cannot be considered as weakening the team.

Regardless of what we think a certain Mr Kidney believes otherwise so if he says thats out best 15, then thats our best 15. End of story really. He hasnt put a foot wrong yet, and even if we do lose this weekend, it wont be as a result of these changes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 11 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 10 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rotation is fine early in the season. At the sharp end you put your best out every time.[/b]

This is the best team we can put out. Stringer for O'Leary has been debated for past month, as has D'Arcy for Wallace. Heaslip only got his shot because of Leamy's injury and Best for Flannery gives us extra grunt in the front row where we are probably going to take a pasting.

There is security in picking the same old team, time and time again, but I'm all for rotating a few here and there, just for the sheer feckin hell of it.
[/b][/quote]
Prophet in my own land - misunderstood :cryy: [small print: resident abroad, but willing to die so long as we repeat ... '48 (forty f***ing eight !? sad)]

This is NOT a rotation - it's the team for the slam.

No debate about Stringer.

Spot on with Best in front row, hoping lineout doesn't go ***s up.

Wallace - decent HEC player v Darse - pure class.

Heaslip's champagne v Leamy's woodstrip cider: different **** ups for different partys.

Bowe on the wing is the only worry, but I've banged on enough about bringing back Horgan for the slam winning cross kick. Fitzgerald has to be in. Earls is another season.

People calling for "form" players are the leEOSers!

what are scotland all about i keep getting calls from my welsh mates slagging us off, hope we do better on saturday, oh! hows england doing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 10 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 11 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Prophet in my own land - misunderstood :cryy: [small print: resident abroad, but willing to die so long as we repeat ... '48 (forty f***ing eight !? sad)]

Heaslip's champagne v Leamy's woodstrip cider: different **** ups for different partys.

Bowe on the wing is the only worry, but I've banged on enough about bringing back Horgan for the slam winning cross kick. Fitzgerald has to be in. Earls is another season.

[/b][/quote]

I think we just agreed there did we?

surely not re Horgan, it can only be old man shtove sitting in his rocking chair, curtains shut for fear of natural daylight with the cigarette ash ever lengthening calling for that chance.

Scotland side has been finalised with Hamilton starting and Hines getting a place on the bench.

Scotland: Chris Paterson (Edinburgh), Simon Danielli (Ulster) Max Evans (Glasgow), Graeme Morrison (Glasgow), Thom Evans (Glasgow), Phil Godman (Edinburgh), Mike Blair (Edinburgh, capt); Alasdair Dickinson (Gloucester), Ross Ford (Edinburgh), Euan Murray (Northampton), Jim Hamilton (Edinburgh), Jason White (Sale), Alasdair Strokosch (Gloucester), John Barclay (Glasgow), Simon Taylor (Stade Francais).

Replacements: Dougie Hall (Glasgow), Moray Low (Glasgow), Nathan Hines (Perpignan), Scott Gray (Northampton), Chris Cusiter (Perpignan), Nick De Luca (Edinburgh), Hugo Southwell (Edinburgh).

should do, captaincy is only keeping Blair in the side I feel, Scotland looked so much sharper when Cussiter was on the pitch against Italy.

Cusiter is more of a flair player than Blair, but Blair is a much smarter all round player who is ideal for this sort of test match.

I prefer Blair aswell, but that doesn't change the fact he's played himself out of the Lions nine jersey over the past three games. He's got it all to prove now, since Phillips will be grateful to prove to everyone that he shouldn't have been dropped.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 12 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 10 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 11 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I think we just agreed there did we?
[/b][/quote]
I believe so. Shame.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 12 2009, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
surely not re Horgan, it can only be old man shtove sitting in his rocking chair, curtains shut for fear of natural daylight with the cigarette ash ever lengthening calling for that chance.[/b]
You know me so well. But you left out the "Girls! ****!" bit.

well wanting Horgan in the team made me think more of Dougal but then there was too much old man rhetoric flying around. :p

Latest posts