• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Ireland

All the Ogara bashing is a little over the top, i've never been his biggest fan due to the sidelining of a certain Mr Humphries and despite making a few very visible mistakes so far this 6N, he has contributed a fair amount and is currently far and away our best option at 10.

The pressure will be off a little against Scotland, hopefully he can get back on top of his game ready to face Wales (and im by no means assuming that the Scotland game is won).

Whats more worrying than RoG's current form is what we will do when he is no longer available; the debate sourrounding the few potential successors only serves to cover up the fact that none of them are really international standard - or not yet at least.

Back on topic though, although Scotland have improved since the opening day, I just think they dont have enough going forward to really threaten. Ireland by 14.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bumbadum @ Mar 9 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
All the Ogara bashing is a little over the top[/b]

Always is when certain "contributors" join in.

So much hate in such little poeple............

There's no correlation between levels of hatred and size of said hater. :rolleyes: Try again, dufus!

Why do people always tempt Scotland to prove an upset when they never do?

As a resident Scot (Despite being Welsh ;)) I can tell you now that if you stop giddying Scotland up then they'll actually start winning some matches. Or maybe that's your plan...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 9 2009, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Zing![/b]
Nah, a zinger would have been if he was able to dis BOD by comparing him to a Welsh player. Or worse ... an England player :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nathan Hines,Rory Lamont and Jim Hamilton back in training, although Lamont is unlikely to play any part this weekend.

IRELAND TEAM & REPLACEMENTS (v Scotland, 2009 RBS 6 Nations Championship, Murrayfield, Saturday, March 14, kick-off 5.30pm):

15 - Robert Kearney (UCD - Leinster)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD - Leinster) Captain
12 - Gordon D’Arcy (Lansdowne - Leinster)
11 - Luke Fitzgerald (Blackrock College - Leinster)
10 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution - Munster)
9 - Peter Stringer (Shannon - Munster)
1 - Marcus Horan (Shannon - Munster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge - Ulster)
3 - John Hayes (Bruff- Munster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution - Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster - Munster)
6 - Stephen Ferris (Dungannon - Ulster)
7 - David Wallace (Garryowen - Munster)
8 - Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution - Munster)

Replacements:
16 - Jerry Flannery (Shannon - Munster)
17 - Tom Court (Malone - Ulster)
18 - Mick O’Driscoll (Cork Constitution - Munster)
19 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas - Leinster)
20 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin - Munster)
21 - Paddy Wallace (Ballymena - Ulster)
22 - Geordan Murphy (Leicester)

Scotland -

15 Chris Paterson,
14 Simon Danielli,
13 Max Evans,
12 Graeme Morrison,
11 Thom Evans,
10 Phil Godman,
9 Mike Blair (capt),
8 Simon Taylor,
7 John Barclay,
6 Alasdair Strokosch,
5 and 4 Jim Hamilton / Nathan Hines / Alastair Kellock / Jason White,
3 Euan Murray,
2 Ross Ford,
1 Alasdair Dickinson.

Replacements: 16 Dougie Hall, 17 Moray Low, 18 TBC, 19 Scott Gray, 20 Chris Cusiter, 21 TBC, 22 Hugo Southwell.

D'Arcy, Stringer, Best I can live with as they're marginal calls either way but Heaslip being dropped is a bolt out of the blue, I know Leamy's quality but why upset a good balance.

I'd hoped Heaslip would play too, might be fun to see him come on after 60 when Scotland are tired though.

No problem with any of the changes, I think It is just rotation and will keep the Welsh guessing. Disappointed not to see Earls in the mix though.

well I think it's more to throw the Scots off guard, they wouldn't have expected any changes so Kidney's thrown an elbow by making 4.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Mar 10 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No problem with any of the changes, I think It is just rotation and will keep the Welsh guessing. Disappointed not to see Earls in the mix though.[/b]
That's how I read the changes too. I'm surprised Kidney has made four changes though - I thought it would be two at most (Stringer and D'arcy).

Veeery interesting.

I don't buy the rotation thing. This is Kidney's the team for the slam.

Heaslip dropped - hmmmm. Not cute enough when the game is tight?

I reckon they'll hammer the Scots, with Heaslip on late. But I'm nervous.

It's clearly rotating players, nonsense that Heaslip and Flannery have been dropped.

Yep, he said so himself when announcing the team. Just rotation but in positions where quality backup is available.

A good move, regardless of whether we win or lose. Keep the squad involved in match days and you avoid the complacency that most would have experienced under O'Sullivan. The fact that he's done it in the middle of the competition will scare the shite out of the old "untouchables" in the squad.

Latest posts