• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Ireland

I just learned that Luke Fitz is a past pupil of the Gaelscoil in Douglas, Cork. He has gone up in my estimation now! :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 13 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd love to kneecap the f***er who started calling Irish gaelic.[/b]
Precisely. They've been doing that in Ulster for centuries.

Gaelic is a language spoken by people. Irish is a prejudice asserted by politicians.

You prove your opponent's point. Nice.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 13 2009, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 13 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gaelic is a language spoken by people. Irish is a prejudice asserted by politicians.

[/b][/quote]

utter gibberish, back to your chair.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 13 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Mar 13 2009, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 13 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

utter gibberish, back to your chair.
[/b][/quote]
Now, now - disrespect doesn't work on t'intertubes.

I was leaning towards him being a legend for going to school in Cork, but the Irish thing works too I suppose given the week that is in it. Is Gaelic not just an Anglicisation (hate that word) of the word Gaeilge?

well it's an ignorant one, using an already existing word as your Anglicisation of another.

Have a long shot (But not totally unbelievable) bet on for the weekend of rugby.
10 euro triple -
Wales by 11-15 points (With 10 changes and a fired up Italy a possibility)
France by 11-15 points - Also quite possible
Ireland by 21-25
Return would be â'¬6700!

More than likely it'll all be over by the first game however!! ;)

The Ireland result is improbable but theres a chance we could cut loose. Think the changes are good - add a bit of freshness and also give people a chance to perform in order to make the matchday XV against Wales. 193 caps between the 4 of them speaks for itself.
Darce has been holding his hand up for selection like an 8 yeah old who knows the capital of France
Leamy, as people have mentioned was ousted due to injury, but will take a hell of a performance to push Heaslip out.
Strings has added a real sense of urgency to the breakdown and could create a lot more time and space for the outside backs.
Best definitely deserves a chance after his Ulster performances - I echo the "let's hope the lineout works" comment though.

that's the worry with Best but Flannery hasn't been perfect either this season with his throwing, but if his overthrows result in the try we saw in Rome than who cares.

well Italy have done us a huge favour now, here's hoping we capitalise now by getting the win.

will be a good test for Horan today going up against Murray, be interesting to see how he does against a step up in class from what he's faced so far.

Flowers of Scotland is definitely the most beautiful hymn I know...Sung a cappella gives me the goosefleh

good clearance from Stringer, we need to really compete against the Scottish throw now.

that looked harsh, thought he was on his feet, can't be giving Scotland these chances.

Latest posts