• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi Final: Sharks v Blues

D

Dumbo

Well there you go, the first semi starts off with the Sharks taking on the Blues in Durban!

The Sharks have the home ground advantage, have been beating everyone in sight while the Blues are sending players home, have injuries where they really don''t need them.

What do I think about this game - all over red rover, or should I say Blue rover.

However, team selection could see the Blues in with a sniff.

I watched the Blues coach in his interview last week in Western Aus, what a prime tool... "I was happy that we could play a differant game plan this late in the season".

Is that what you really want to be doing this late in the season?!?

Head says the Sharks will win this but my heart is sticking with the mighty Blues.

BLUES by 7.

The way I see it the Blues will either win by 1-7 points in the death, probably with a goalline stand - or else the Sharks will run away with it and I will have smashed a chair through the TV by half time.

The Blues almost had the Sharks last time, without Ali or McAlister, and if it wasn't for 2 Bullshit tries this game would have been played at the Garden of Eden. Key is that without McAlister Nucifora has to dumb down the game plan - if we play simple, effective Rugby we can win this, but if Nucifora tries to do too much we will be screwed without McAlister. Feeding Toeava the ball at that Sharks Defence and Kevin Mealamu to have the same sort of impact as last week is vital.

Well, the way I see this one unfolding, it`s gonna be a mountain for the Blues to climb. Remember that they had 2 games in SA, after which they jetted out to Aus, and now they`re having to return again. That`s 4 weeks away from home- exactly the type of scenario that the SA boys have to face every year, and inevitably come unstuck. Jet-lag should be a factor, and a big one at that.

Sharks to take it by 10.

My head says Sharks by 10 and my heart say Sharks by 20 :lol: :lol: :lol: ! Had to get that in but, on a serious note it's gonna big a big task for both N.Z. teams and I can't belive im saying this but if the Mighty Crusaders go down then I hope Auckland brings it home for us. :wacko: :wacko: :unsure:

gotta back my home town team!! the blues for sure!!

i reckon it'll be a try fest of a game!! both teams got dangerous weapons, blues have toeava, and sharks have that young winger (forgot his name)... and i reckon the blues will step up.. just like last week.

i'd say blues by 10 in an entertaining game!!

i think the blues will struggle more with stuart dickinson refereeing the game.

the nerves are high for a blues fan. without mcAlister this could just be one step to far. however in saying that the blues still have a very good team and one that can win. also in true blues fan style I will pick them to win a very close game. have a feeling the game will go like ripper said either blues win by a few or the sharks romp away with it.

ps still can't believe it 2 SA teams in the finals and with home advantage too

Holy ****. I just saw that Sam Tuitupou won't be playing in this game either!

So what will the backline look like? 10/12/13?

Nacewa/Toeava/Tuitavake ?
or Holwell/Nacewa/Toeava?

Anyone else have any other possible combinations?

This may be a good thing for the Blues.. Personally I'd like to see Toeava play #12.. But somehow I don't think that'll happen..

Agree with esoj, thats a combo with McAlistair out that should have happened a long time ago.
But for my mind the Blues coach has a hidden agenda... I think he's working for the dark side (well the green and gold side anyway - has anyone checked his visa?).

Sending Ali home? if he had have gotten into the games early on am sure he wouldn't have been the problem that apparently he is. For mine I would have stuck with Ali and ****** off the coach.

All in all though the Blues are screwed. No way they are going to get on top of the Sharks.

NO WAY...

Sharks to take this one!!!!!!!!!!!!
Without McAlistair the Blues will miss that something spesiaal in the midfield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling that the Blues will finally step up now.....this is a playoff game......this is where we will see the real Blues team. Not these confused idiots running around without a game plan.

Ali Williams needed to go home....he was bringing an unhappy attitude towards the rest of the players.....Troy flavell is the one who is leading the new Blues ethic post Spencer....there are no prima donna show pony's...everyone works hard for each other.

I don't think the Sharks have the finishers that the Blues have. Both packs will turn up to play and cancel each other out. However I think the Blues outside backs may have a very slight edge on the Sharks when it comes to making that final metre to the corner flag....this is what I see as the difference.

Holy ****. I just saw that Sam Tuitupou won't be playing in this game either!

So what will the backline look like? 10/12/13?

Nacewa/Toeava/Tuitavake ?
or Holwell/Nacewa/Toeava?

Anyone else have any other possible combinations?

This may be a good thing for the Blues.. Personally I'd like to see Toeava play #12.. But somehow I don't think that'll happen..
[/b]

knowing Nucifora by now, I wouldnt be surprised if Atiga is in there somewhere.

Nacewa/Atiga/ Toeava

but it would be nice to see a combo of Nacewa/Toeava/Tuitavake..

BLUES by 7.

Glad to say skysports has changed its scheduling and the games are now on live 2pm and 4:30pm KO

Go Sharks

also an interesting article about Steyn at 12. Hopefully he can get some game time there come CC time and see how he gets on with it.

Article

blues lineup

Blues: 15. Pisi George, 14. Howlett Doug, 13. Tuitavake Anthony, 12. Toeava Isaia, 11. Wulf Rudi, 10. Nacewa Isa, 9. Devine Steve, 8. Williams Nick, 7. Braid Daniel, 6. Kaino Jerome, 5.Flavell Troy (capt), 4. Rawlinson Greg, 3. Afoa John, 2. Witcombe Derren, 1. Woodcock Tony. Res: 16. Keven Mealamu, 17. Nick White, 18. Angus Macdonald, 19. Justin Collins, 20. Taniela Moa, 21. David Holwell, 22. Ben Atiga.

Yes the midfield looks very dangerous. Mealamu on the bench? well he makes a magnificent impact coming off the bench whenever the game is running. He also showed this very well in the round robin against the Sharks.

Go the Blues! :D

George Pisi is gonna be bombarded with kicks from Steyn and co all night.

Nacewa should be playing fullback, Holwell at 10.

Latest posts