• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

The problem for Biggar is that HIA protocols dictate that he's not allowed to train until Thursday. Not the best preparation for attack and defence in the week leading up to a test.

Due to last week's leak Gatland said he's announcing the team immediately after he tells the players so could be tomorrow?

I must have watched a different game. I think it had more to do with confidence and focus than anything else.

Everyone writing in walesonline or ex Welsh player trying to drop the Scots or Irish for the Welsh.

Warburton is still trying to justify his non Scottish team and touting Faletau as the second coming, whilst Conan would have been a serious contender for MOTM but for Itoje
Yeah my opinion of breadman has gone down a bit since this. His only real justification for swapping one of the best forwards on Saturday for one that's underperformed this tour is: well he's my bud isn't it

The problem for Biggar is that HIA protocols dictate that he's not allowed to train until Thursday. Not the best preparation for attack and defence in the week leading up to a test.

Due to last week's leak Gatland said he's announcing the team immediately after he tells the players so could be tomorrow?
Do you need more than a day or two's training to understand Gatland's plan for the attack?

"Right Dan, don't listen to any fancy ideas Gregor might have given you. When you get the ball, kick it. If you don't, I'll bring Owen on cos he will definitely kick it".

Do you need more than a day or two's training to understand Gatland's plan for the attack?

"Right Dan, don't listen to any fancy ideas Gregor might have given you. When you get the ball, kick it. If you don't, I'll bring Owen on cos he will definitely kick it".
Funny, but unfortunately probably true

Mish is going to be on best behaviour now, he knows he's being watched.

He was very lucky not to be carded.

Being Sale Sharks team mates doesn't mean it's okay
Hard disagree
Just guys being dudes, play on

SA media take of first test

SA media take of first test
Very predictable, SA media says lions success all down to the SA player in the Lions. He had a good game but that article is laughable. Itoje and Lawes were the 2 most responsible for diffusing the SA "bomb squad". Besides passing mention of other players, and no mention of the MOTM or the other top contenders for it, it acts like he alone won the game for the Lions.

The irony of wanting to swap Curry for a walking red card with discipline as the justification :p

Hope that does happen though,
Less likely to be injured which suits me down to a tee
Can't we just leave Faz and Daly there to find some form, parachute the other boys home then at least others will only have half a broken lions hang over, for the foreseeable.

Yeah my opinion of breadman has gone down a bit since this. His only real justification for swapping one of the best forwards on Saturday for one that's underperformed this tour is: well he's my bud isn't it
My opinion of all of the pundits has fallen as 90% of them simply push on nationalistic grounds. They alll just sound like rabid supporters without a pint. I thought Warburton was a bit above it but he has fallen to the level of BOD and ROG (almost) Which is pretty bad. I think that the Lions as an ongoing concept has every chance of failing if nationalism sets in as it did in Scotland last time and Wales and Ireland this time fuelled by pundits trying to get speaking engagements.

My opinion of all of the pundits has fallen as 90% of them simply push on nationalistic grounds. They alll just sound like rabid supporters without a pint. I thought Warburton was a bit above it but he has fallen to the level of BOD and ROG (almost) Which is pretty bad. I think that the Lions as an ongoing concept has every chance of failing if nationalism sets in as it did in Scotland last time and Wales and Ireland this time fuelled by pundits trying to get speaking engagements.
Did you idolise/believe in the pundits when your opinion of them was still +90% ? It represents a big loss. Triggers my greed indicators.

There is a place for nationalism, from an entertainment point of view. Even on this board, you can sense the tensions has increased especially regarding what has happened in the media over the last few weeks. The fans can be respectful but then the media slings **** and eventually, it spills over to the fans.

There is a place for banter in rugby but at the end of the day respect for each other should maintain its status quo. The media will only intensify the **** slinging in the days to come. Gatland and company is also not helping this situation.

And the Guardian, Telegraph, Independent, Mirror and Mail. Wouldn't be the worst decision, if true.
Its a pretty bad one, Mako came of a bench and played pretty well and deserves to keep his place for it but he's been such a problem for so long now that he can't trusted with a start.

If Mako can play again like he did in the first test then great. However it is a risk because that performance has been the exception, not the rule.

Latest posts