• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

Soo who wants to bet itoje will be the only one cited from that game and given a ban?

Why is our gameplan give it to the ten, kick it into the most contested area and hope our backs magically gather the ball...

We should be kicking for territory and pinning the boks back into the 22 and hoping that itoje or Lawes can steal the line out ball...

If we'd resorted to kicking after unsuccessfully trying to break through their midfield or get around them out wide, I could maybe understand it, but it was literally one game plan - kick, kick and kick again, even if it's clearly not working.

Really ****** off about the DDA Itoje altercation. I was watching the SS coverage which showed it once and never again so I'm just off memory here but it looked a whole lot like DDA punched him twice in the stomach at a ruck, stood over him and dummied another punch to the head.

Would love to see again if anyon has a clip?

They were probably all out looting last week.
@BPM and you say Springbok fans are the worst. Ignoring that it's bordering on racist, it was not people who you usually consider core Springbok fans who were doing the looting.

I Should not defend my country men, the looting was disgusting but you are going low.

Edit after reflection : its not racist at all, it was wrong of me to make the insinuation.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you there. That was a particularly low comment.

When you say 'you are going low', I assume that's a collective 'you' not me personally.

From a personal POV, I can promise you that if the Lions win the series I won't be responding to any and every SA rugby post with the winning score and telling you how poor you are in completely unrelated competitions.

I don't disagree with you there. That was a particularly low comment.

When you say 'you are going low', I assume that's a collective 'you' not me personally.

From a personal POV, I can promise you that if the Lions win the series I won't be responding to any and every SA rugby post with the winning score and telling you how poor you are in completely unrelated competitions.
Not you regarding the comment. I quoted leg day. Just referred to your comment that it can go both ways. I Don't wanna be too pedantic though and might have been too easily triggered by an online comment such as the one mentioned after a tense rugby game so I will leave it there.

Yes. Entirely fair enough and point taken.

Don't Skip Leg Day definitely doesn't speak for the rest of us!

@unrated , you're a very polite person (I'd have another reaction to such a post I must admit). Although,the fish rots from the head down,and I'm curious where are the moderators of this forum...

I mean, I get you, that's really poor form and annoying, but I think that comment is more relative to twitter or Facebook where all the anonymous trolls go out so seek chaos and **** people off.

I don't think that type of behavior has been happening on these forums from South African posters.

Yes. That's fair. My comment was referring to what I've typically seen from SA fans in the last couple of years rather than on this forum.

On reflection it was a bit too much of a generalisation.

@unrated , you're a very polite person (I'd have another reaction to such a post I must admit). Although,the fish rots from the head down,and I'm curious where are the moderators of this forum...
I mean contrary to popular belief I'm not on here 24/7...

I've already had to remove some quite nasty posts (from both sides), that one has been responded to now so removing it would be to remove a page of the following discussion/multiple quotes etc.

I can remove it if people want, I guess?

Al
What a truly awful, scrappy match.
Absolute rubbish. I regret staying up having too many lockdown beers to watch that.

Someone tell em you can pass the ball. Like for **** sake, this is the best of the best right? This is what we get served at the pinnacle of the game.

No wonder league is tearing holes through rugby at the moment.

Last edited:
I mean contrary to popular belief I'm not on here 24/7...

I've already had to remove some quite nasty posts (from both sides), that one has been responded to now so removing it would be to remove a page of the following discussion/multiple quotes etc.

I can remove it if people want, I guess?
Its all fair, we are not snowflakes and Leg day was probably just giving some good banter. (I did not delete my comment because people already commented)

On the game: I was very concerned when PSdT, went off and Kwagga came on, at that point the Lions were winning the collisions already and driving our player back on defence. Only by about min 60 or so, I thought ok now we are winning collisions and pushing the advantage line. Lood changed the game from SA perspective. Am was great.

Meh game, but the Boks won't care about that. They have all the momentum going into next week and Gatland's a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place......he'll have realised that we can't out bok the Boks, so does he roll the dice a bit in either selection or tactics? Surely he has to, doing the same again is only going to end one way.

This Lions team is short of real stardust though and we're really missing what North and Underhill could have brought. Peak years Tuilagi and Binny would also have been useful.

Meh game, but the Boks won't care about that. They have all the momentum going into next week and Gatland's a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place......he'll have realised that we can't out bok the Boks, so does he roll the dice a bit in either selection or tactics? Surely he has to, doing the same again is only going to end one way.

This Lions team is short of real stardust though and we're really missing what North and Underhill could have brought. Peak years Tuilagi and Binny would also have been useful.
Gatland is not one to roll dice and I would be surprised if he does next week. I think he'll again try to out bok the boks by doing exactly the same thing but trying to do it better. I doubt it will work.

Also for all the talk of AWJ leadership being a big reason to select him, it was completely absent in that game.

Gatland is not one to roll dice and I would be surprised if he does next week. I think he'll again try to out bok the boks by doing exactly the same thing but trying to do it better. I doubt it will work.

Also for all the talk of AWJ leadership being a big reason to select him, it was completely absent in that game.
I've never really understood how people can possibly assess leadership. Ever single game one team loses, it doesn't mean the captain of said team had no leadership. How does one measure this facet and why would good leadership mean your team just 'wins'? Personally I think leadership has a very minimal impact in the grand scheme of things.

Al

Absolute rubbish. I regret staying up having too many lockdown beers to watch that.

Someone tell em you can pass the ball. Like for **** sake, this is the best of the best right? This is what we get served at the pinnacle of the game.

No wonder league is tearing holes through rugby at the moment.
And can someone please, pleeeeease do something about these f**king caterpillar rucks.

Latest posts