• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Wales (14 June - Pretoria)

Wales are a tier 2 rugby nation though. The only SH team you have a chance of beating is Australia & only because they're experimenting with a new coach and team. Once Aussie, NZ and South Africa reach their peak (they have a while to go) you don't honestly think Wales to win the next world cup? I'll be surprised if they even make the finals.

Wales are a tier 2 rugby nation though. The only SH team you have a chance of beating is Australia & only because they're experimenting with a new coach and team. Once Aussie, NZ and South Africa reach their peak (they have a while to go) you don't honestly think Wales to win the next world cup? I'll be surprised if they even make the finals.
[/b]
That's a fair point, isn't it? I can say when Wales reach their peak then no team will beat us. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, we won't know until we reach our best. And right now, we're capable of making the semi-finals, depending on who we play in our pools and quarter-finals.

cant fault this, i dont think any welsh poster has denied that south africa deserved to win, granted when the match first finnished i was fuming, but when i calmed down i openly said that the boks deserved to win which they did. The only arguement ive had on here is the sh bully boys going on about wales with phrases like

pathetic
tier 2 rugby nation
little man syndrome

find it hugely disrespectful, and as a passionate welshmen its my duty to defend such remarks, and im not doing it in a stupid way like

walez iz the bezt lolz !!11!!!!11!!!1!1! im actually trying to get my point across and back it up with why i think like that. Unfortunately, it seems that us welsh fans have a bit of a stigmata around us, which could possibly be my fault for past misdemeanours, but to generalise all welsh posters, and all posts is very racist... but im sure most of you dont even consider us a race.

anyways, i think wales at home have a really good chance at beating the boks... in my opinion the gulf in class was not 16 points... and with our defensive general henson back for the autum game nd our little ginger scavenger marty williams back im pretty confident that we can run the boks very very close, and i wont lie to you, i think in the autum we can beat south africa and australlia... our physicality at home will be way too much for the aussies. Im still not to sure about new zealand this year.... our "little man" complex really kicks in bad against these guys. But lol who knows.

ok soooo heres something else im throwing about

if south africa went on a 2 heck even three year loosing streak, i would never consider them a secon tier rugby nation... got way too much respect for them, for there tradition for there heritage, for there history and there place inside rugby to come out with such derogratory and belittling bullshit. Everyones going to dissagree on this. But thats my opinion, doesnt make me childish, doesnt make me biased. just the way it goes... I HATE england with a passion i make no bones about it, but i consider them tier 1, i consider scotland,ireland and argentina to be tier 1 also. the irb officialy classify wales scotland and ireland tier one, so if were dragging the official rankings into this, then ill drag in the official irb tiers.
[/b]

I + repped the Welsh poster I thought was talking sense. You're not all bad, but I come across it time and time again, it's not just the English who find many Welsh fans exasperating.

For all the South Africans on this topic, this is what the English have to put up with whenever they speak with a Welshman (generalising I know but whatever). They're so agressively passionate about their team, in the same way England football fans are. It blinds them from seeing the reality in front of them. It's always the referee's fault, or one player gets scapegoated, or it's the manager who's not good enough. I've found when they win they rub it in and when they lose they moan. And then they moan more when other people, fed up to the back teeth with them, rub it in a little.

And making world cup predictions is futile. Ask any Kiwi/ Englishman about that.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
That's a fair point, isn't it? I can say when Wales reach their peak then no team will beat us. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, we won't know until we reach our best. And right now, we're capable of making the semi-finals, depending on who we play in our pools and quarter-finals. [/b][/quote]

Well the reason why I said that was due to the fact that there were Welsh fans claiming that they would make the WC finals. This was on the 6 nations topic I think.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
That's a fair point, isn't it? I can say when Wales reach their peak then no team will beat us. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, we won't know until we reach our best. And right now, we're capable of making the semi-finals, depending on who we play in our pools and quarter-finals. [/b][/quote]

Well the reason why I said that was due to the fact that there were Welsh fans claiming that they would make the WC finals. This was on the 6 nations topic I think.
[/b][/quote]
Finals? Unless we're seeded with SA and NZ (which is impossible anyway) I think we'll get to the quarter finals at least. To the final? Well, as GG said, it's far too early to tell now. In fact, it's too early to tell 1 month before the WC starts.

as i said someones dragged the official rankings in to back up there arguement of wales being tier 2

now ill bring in the OFFICIAL tiers according to the irb

the International Rugby Board, organised its member unions into "tiers".

The "Tier 1" nations were:

The participants in the Northern Hemisphere Six Nations Championship:
Wales
England
France (nicknamed Les Tricolores or Les Bleus)
Ireland
Italy (nicknamed Gli Azzurri)
Scotland
The participants in the Southern Hemisphere Tri Nations:
Australia ("Wallabies")
New Zealand ("All Blacks")
South Africa ("Springboks")
The "Tier1.5" nations are:

One geographically isolated emerging power:
Argentina (nicknamed Los Pumas)
"Tier 2" included the following:

Canada ("The Canucks")
Fiji (often called "The Flying Fijians")
Georgia (nicknamed Lelos)
Japan (nicknamed "The Cherry Blossoms" and more recently "Brave Blossoms")
Romania ("The Oaks")
Samoa (also known as Manu Samoa)
Tonga (nicknamed ʻIkale Tahi)
USA ("The Eagles")

I don't understand why us Welsh are getting ridiculed for having confidence in our team? After all we won a grand slam a few months ago, if were not allowed to be optimistic after a success like that, then when are we? I think almost every Welsh fan realised after loosing so many important players it was gonna be very unlikely for us to win.

I'll say it now, I very rarely think were gonna loose before we start, it's not in my nature, and yes I thought we had a good chance against SA. Who are you guys to tell me I should give up on the sport I love?

Sorry, it's just getting quite annoying that people are basically calling me stupid that I thought Wales had a chance again SA. I was obviously an ignorant Welshman!

as i said someones dragged the official rankings in to back up there arguement of wales being tier 2

Wales
England
Ireland
Scotland
Australia ("Wallabies")

Canada ("The Canucks")
Romania ("The Oaks")
USA ("The Eagles")
[/b]

oh those are just the iRB's development tiers. You're not seriously telling me Argentina are worse than Italy?

<div class='quotemain'>

Wales
England
Ireland
Scotland
Australia ("Wallabies")

Canada ("The Canucks")
Romania ("The Oaks")
USA ("The Eagles")
[/b]

oh those are just the iRB's development tiers. You're not seriously telling me Argentina are worse than Italy?
[/b][/quote]
Italy > Scotland > Argentina. :c

You know a thread has it all when a white boy pulls the racist card amongst mostly white people and calls comments posted 2 days ago 'past discretions'
LMAO

You know a thread has it all when a white boy pulls the racist card amongst mostly white people and calls comments posted 2 days ago 'past discretions'
LMAO [/b]

lol

You welsh are getting a bad reputation now, starting to sound like sore losers who won't let the game go. I think your whole bloody country has small man syndrome. Wales got hammered, shane williams played well, as did de villiers. If habana had as much space as williams did and only had chavhanga marking him, it would have been a totally different story!!!!!!

2 games do not make an individual or a team great FFS :ranting:

Lets have a look at the world rankings where wales incidentally are 6th i think! SA=1st so be quiet and you can bring your silly tier **** to the party when you're in a better position to argue your nations supposed godliness! :bananarock: [/b]

bit harsh? and with the whole Shane Williams thing, have you actually read soemwhere that a Welsh guy has said Shane is the best player in the world, just because he skinned Habana, then about 4 Boks to score two great tries? I definately haven't! And even if someone has, they're talking a load of cachu! I mean, steve-o came back with the whole 'Jean de Villiers is the best player in the world on current form because he scored 4 tries in 2 games' which would be fair enough if soemone had said what I mentioned earlier. But nobody did. There are way better centre's out there than Jean De Villiers anyway. Shane's brilliant, and probably the best winger in the world imo, because he's scored at least 1 try in the last 6 internationsals, and a total of 12 in his last 10, and if you count the WC, a total of 14 International Tries and around 11 (I think) club tries this season. Not bad for a guy who's 5'8''! He's a prolific try scorer, and is definately up there with the best, I think he's the best, but that has a lot to do with him being my hero when I was like 7, and my favourite player ever since, but it is really hard to compare players on top form. But imo, this is the season of Shane!

Hmmmm, everyone still having an orgasm about Shane Williams... *SIGH*

He is a brilliant player, always has been. Case closed. He never "skinned Habana" stop talking kak - he sidestepped him. You people all forget that Habana is only human. Sure, he is brilliant, but geez, the guy has so much pressure on him to perform week in and week out, of course he will get PWNED by the odd Zimbabwean flyer or Welsh wizard.

SA were average, but Wales forced them to play that way. I think Ricky Januarie added to the Welsh cause, but other than that, Wales had a superb defence. Look forward to these 2 teams going at it later this year.

So come on people. Stop the whole Williams vs Habana thing. I can promise you that we will also see Habana PWN him in the very near future. Lets just not act like retards when it happens. :p

I wasn't doing the whole Habana v Williams thing - as a winger those two are like the perfect players for me to look up to! It was more for the people who say he's ****, and is a midget (seriously how can 5' 8'' be a midget?) which is unfair and a bit daft, because they're like denying the fact that he's on fire atm. Even Habana himself said he's got massive respect for Shane, and wishes that he will one day get a record like Shane's (which he probably will). And skinned and side-stepped, whatever, it was still fun to watch someone make Habana look a bit daft for once, rather than the other way round (bit like those Argentineans and Samoans in the WC...)

Wales gave us everything, we still end up beating them convincingly. What more do we want? OK, it's not like they are the All Blacks, but gee whiz, they did beat the other World Cup Finalists at Twickenham... I say we must wait till the year is over. A test win is a test win. Finish en klaar.

Wales gave us everything, we still end up beating them convincingly. What more do we want? OK, it's not like they are the All Blacks, but gee whiz, they did beat the other World Cup Finalists at Twickenham... I say we must wait till the year is over. A test win is a test win. Finish en klaar.
[/b]
Finally, somebody who isn't over-critical of us. We'll see how good SA when they play NZ - should be as brilliant match.

i love south africans, i dont want to argue with you lot

your such a big beefy bunch of people. really manly nd hulky almost like rhinos. i want a south african

Latest posts