• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spring Tour: Australia v Wales - 3rd Test. (23/06/2012 05:00 GMT)

Did Rob Horne played on the wing when Fainga'a came on the pitch?

Oh! Finally I've seen the match, well at least the 1hr highlights from Sky Italy.

Not bad, few brilliance by both team, Wales defended pretty well for all match, but they just lacked ideas in attack.
It's a shame, they desperate need someone steering the team otherwise it will be such wasted talent!

Positives from Phillips after the disaster of the first 2 matches, maybe the weakest link (in attack) is actually Priestland.
Jonathan Davies still can't defend, Australia spotted it well in RWC, and again in this serie, too often he's been caught in no man's land, lot of indiscipline in the defensive line and too much dragged by instinct, I think Shaun Edwards must work heavily on him.

BTW IMO again Wallabies pack outmuscled and outpaced (especially in the last 20) Wales counterpart.

Good game by Timani (I give credit to him), along with Palu placed heavy tackles, TPN, Kepu and Moore solid as usual, Alexander slightly better.
Pocock beyond all.

Sharpe is like the best wine! :D

Higginbotham were useles, thank god Deans realised it quickly! Dennis put up a very good performance compared to the subbed 6!

I would have liked to see a different lineup, front row Alexander-Moore-Palmer/Kepu, Dennis starting, AAC back in the midfield... Horne experiment on the wing didn't went bad, maybe just because Wales doesn't kicked to him (fear of counter attacks from Beale & co.)

Last edited:
Jenkins doesn't have a good series by his standards and then bang you want him out. Unbelievable. James was good when he came on but Jenkins is a player Wales needs, he's a good player who will be back after a good rest.
tbf though, from what I've seen, Paul James has been excellent all season (in an admittedly strong Ospreys pack). I've been considering whether I'd rather have James, Jenkins, Corbisiero or Wood for the Lions loosehead shirt.

Australia broke off from the maul after it was formed, therefore Wales should have been allowed to continue:

No, CJB thought Wales broke off the maul, not Australia. Hence making it the right call.

If Wales had continued with the first Maul, they would have been OK, but they didn't.

Last edited:
So do you guys reckon Paul James should be first choice loosehead. Jenkins hasn't really been at his best since the world cup. He seems to strengthen the scrum so much, if Hibbard had been on the bench maybe we could have squeezed out a penalty try

Penalty Try!!?? Out of Joubert!!?? It's easier to get blood out of a stone. haha

tbf though, from what I've seen, Paul James has been excellent all season (in an admittedly strong Ospreys pack). I've been considering whether I'd rather have James, Jenkins, Corbisiero or Wood for the Lions loosehead shirt.

I don't like this.

Latest posts