• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spring Tour:New Zealand vs Ireland - 1st Test. (09/06/2012, 08:35 GMT)

In recent years the prediction of an outcome between Scotland v Ireland home from Irish fans is unanimously in favour with Ireland... and rightly so given results. So why get bent out of shape about a telephone poll on NZ tv? Ireland have never really threatened the AB's
soyou can hardly blame the Kiwis for being coinfident.

AB to win by 30 clear points.

Anyone in Auckland able to give us an idea of what the weather is like at the moment? I'm just really hoping for some fine weather so we can get some running rugby, as the last couple of games I've watched (Australia vs Scotland, NZ U20 v Wales U20) haven't exactly been full of expansive rugby!

The sky's pretty clear, with not much clouds. It's been raining quite a bit this week but it's gone away for today, fortunately. But this is New Zealand we're talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if the weather changes in the next couple of hours.

Last edited:
The sky's pretty clear, with not much clouds. It's been raining quite a bit this week but it's gone away for today, fortunately. But this is New Zealand we're talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if the weather changes in the next couple of hours.

Cheers for the update - as long as the rain can stay away for another 4 hours I will be happy!

I can only predict on past evidence which does not favour Ireland. This aswell as Ireland's injury problems in key position which is likely to destroy their set piece and the usual poor game plan Ireland attempt will ultimately lose them the match. Not to even mention the shire quality of the AB........ New Zealand by 21

Less than an hour to go now - starting to get nervous! Must be time for a beer...

How fuppin' good was that offload? Gwan Brian ye cute whore.

Love the way that Ireland are playing, although not sure it will win them the game, it is wonderful to watch.....looks like Sexton is on form too as his kicking out of hand has been sublime!

"You see the refs got it wrong there, but legs are on the ground" he says as SOB rests his knees on the ruck and waves his feet around in the air :lol:

"supporting your own body weight" difficult to do with both feet off the ground!

Choke tackle is very good way to turn over ball.....but when you go to ground, are you not supposed to make SOME effort to move away from the ball?

Latest posts