• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Squad Selections

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmokeyMonkey @ Sep 20 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How can anyone not pick Williams at 11? He made the Saffas look like fools in the summer!

Oh and can <strike>everybody</strike> anybody stop picking Gethin at 3! He is a loosehead only![/b]
He can play both, he's a quality player and people are picking him at 3 cause they want him in the starting XV but you can't put him at 1 cause Sheridan must play there

1.Matt Stevens
2.Dylan Hartley
3.Jones
4.Cockbain
5.P.O'Connell
6.James Haskell
7.Tom Rees
8.Jordan Crane
9.Care/Peel
10.Cipriani/Hook
11.Strettle/Banahan
12.Henson/Hipkiss
13.Fitzgerald/BOD
14.Lamont/Simpson-Daniel
15.Tait/Byrne

subs:
can cohen play for lions? :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmokeyMonkey @ Sep 20 2008, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How can anyone not pick Williams at 11? He made the Saffas look like fools in the summer!

Oh and can <strike>everybody</strike> anybody stop picking Gethin at 3! He is a loosehead only![/b]

Forgot that Jenkins cannot play 3 <_<

This man on the last Lions Tour played 3 and more than held his own!

It will be between Jenkins and Stevens for the number 3 shirt!

I don't think Jenkins is a good enough scrummager at tight head to be up against the boks, who always have strong scrums. He pays at 1 or not atall! I'd have him instead of Sheridan, as he offers way more around the field.

Cipriani should be on fly-half, hopefully he'll be back in form by then. Its really going to be an interesting tour and I'm really looking forward to it.

1. Sheridan
2. Hartley
3. Adam
4. O'Connell
5. AWJ
6. Haskell
7. Martyn
8. Ryan ©

9. Peel
10. Cipriani
11. Shane
12. Henson
13. Shanklin
14. Kearney
15. Byrne

16. Hibbard
17. Stevens
18. O'Callaghan
19. White
20. Phillips
21. Jones
22. Tait

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 3 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
13. Shanklin[/b]
nooooo.jpg

Simpson-Daniel, Tait, Fitzgerald, O'Driscoll, Jamie Roberts et al...
NOT Shanklin. :angry:

If I had my way, I'd have Regan King there and McAlister inside him. :D Typical that we're weak in a position where the foreigners excel... I wonder whether Flutey will be eligible to go next year... Anyone know how long 'til he's eligible for England? He'd be pretty good outside Henson, I think.
NOT Shanklin. :C He got destroyed by De Villiers in the Summer and I haven't seen anything this season that suggests he won't next year...

Flutey is eligible before Christmas, but I really disagree with having players of foreign origin on a British Lions tour. I didn't like Cockbain going, and I wouldn't like to see the likes of Parker or Vainikolo in South Africa. I'm not being a racist, well I'm not intending to be anyway, that's just how I feel. What do others say?

13 is a bit of a problem. Hopefully Keith Earls will play their for Munster and Ireland soon enough. Definitely has the talent to be the Lions #13. I think the only way the captain won't be Ryan Jones is if Ireland/England/Scotland win a grandslam.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 8 2008, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
13 is a bit of a problem. Hopefully Keith Earls will play their for Munster and Ireland soon enough. Definitely has the talent to be the Lions #13. I think the only way the captain won't be Ryan Jones is if Ireland/England/Scotland win a grandslam.[/b]
Oooooh, I like! :bravo:

Cyril, your starting 22 has a distinct lack of James Hook.

You choose Stephen 'hunchback of notre dame' Jones?
I'd rather wilkinson than Jones!

Latest posts