• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Squad Selections

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 23 2008, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (presty99 @ Oct 22 2008, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If say O'Gara is chosen as the Lion's test no.10, then.... the world ends.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Yup, world ends for the opposition. He's the best kicker from hand, contoller of the game and has the best pass from fly half available. I'l admit that once anyone finds out he can't tackle...we're all f***ed. But I still think he's the best option there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Oct 26 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 23 2008, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (presty99 @ Oct 22 2008, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Yup, world ends for the opposition. He's the best kicker from hand, contoller of the game and has the best pass from fly half available.
[/b][/quote]
And that's only if the pack is on top... Will the forwards be able to front up to the South Africans to give him the front foot? If not, he'll lose the series by himself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 26 2008, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Oct 26 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 23 2008, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Yup, world ends for the opposition. He's the best kicker from hand, contoller of the game and has the best pass from fly half available.
[/b][/quote]
And that's only if the pack is on top... Will the forwards be able to front up to the South Africans to give him the front foot? If not, he'll lose the series by himself.

[/b][/quote]

Bingo! That's exactly what some people don't realise. O'Gara's a good player when he's having an arm chair ride thanks to a strong pack, but if he stands fly half behind a pack who aren't quite clicking together (which is entierly possible given the Lions) he'll get raped worse than the Lions in NZ back in '05!

I'd have the exact same reservation about Cipriani.

What pack would be able to click best however?!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 26 2008, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What pack would be able to click best however?![/b]
Cipriani isn't liable to break down, miss every tackle and go completely bonkers in regards to kicking if he's not having an armchair ride though; unlike a certain O'<strike>Crack-up</strike>Gara...

what has cipriani done?He is behind both ogara who has been there and done it and hook is also ahead of him.Nice bird though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 26 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what has cipriani done?He is behind both ogara who has been there and done it and hook is also ahead of him.Nice bird though[/b]
Best 10 in the Premiership last year and took apart Ireland in their last encounter. Obviously, he has a lot to prove in the AI's and 6N, but he's as safe a choice as O'Gara and Hook (who are both as likely to go AWOL as Cipriani is.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 26 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 26 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what has cipriani done?He is behind both ogara who has been there and done it and hook is also ahead of him.Nice bird though[/b]
Best 10 in the Premiership last year and took apart Ireland in their last encounter. Obviously, he has a lot to prove in the AI's and 6N, but he's as safe a choice as O'Gara and Hook (who are both as likely to go AWOL as Cipriani is.)
[/b][/quote]
Played well against an Ireland team that werent up for it.wWhat is all this about OGara he is comfortably the best 10 in Europe and he doesnt go AWOL you moron.Look at the 2 H/C for that.And premiership player of the year who gives a f u c k

blush.jpg

Just reading through the thread that shouldn't have been locked and I think there were some good points raised in there among the stupidity. It's shocking that most people would have Haskell and Rees as certain starters when the Wasps back row has been shocking this year and has been played off the park on more than a few occasions. Stuart Barnes wrote an excellent piece in one of the papers today about how the ELVs have meant hat they can't cheat at every ruck which means Wasps can no longer use the Blitz defence. I could name a long list of players ahead of Rees anyway, and wouldn't have Haskell starting.

Also classy posting from a mod in that thread,personally attacking a player and saying they should be killed (surely breaking some sort of rule) as well as locking a thread when a bit of debate started. Well Done :bravo:

Martyn Williams is still the best flank in Britain and has been ever since Richard Hill last played for England. If he wants to he should play there for the Lions.

The Irish back row is always talked up and never does anything in big games. So the jury's out on them.

Ryan Jones really stood out in 2005; and is (atm) favourite to be captain.

So, at the moment:

1. Sheridan
2. Whoever is England hooker, unless Flannery is playing well.
3. Stevens
4. Wyn-Jones
5. O'Connell
6. take your pick from haskell, croft, white, taylor, leamy or heaslip. Whoever's on form at the time.
7. Williams
8. Jones
9. peel/ phillips/ care/ ellis/ blair. Not a problem position at all.
10. Cipriani. Please, he's far to arrogant to be the choker type; o'gara eugh and hook looks **** atm and can only play behind a good pack.
11. Williams
12. Henson
13. O'Driscoll (if he continues his current Leinster form..)
14. Sackey
15. If Rob Kearney breaks through then go for it. If not then we have problems, and you're looking at god forbid, Byrne or Lewsey.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 26 2008, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 26 2008, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What pack would be able to click best however?![/b]
Cipriani isn't liable to break down, miss every tackle and go completely bonkers in regards to kicking if he's not having an armchair ride though; unlike a certain O'<strike>Crack-up</strike>Gara...
[/b][/quote]

Did you not see the hissy-fit he threw when Wasps were getting their arses handed to them by Leinster?

Which adds to the point made by Munsterman that Haskell and Rees getting picked on a load of people's teams here when they were destroyed by Heaslip (who's really being overlooked) and Jennings.

Gingergenius, I agree with most of that side except:

Jones at 8 - he shouldn't really be first choice at the Ospreys at the moment, nevermind for the Lions.
Sackey at 14 - Simpson Daniel are Rory Lamont are two options I'd prefer.
Kearney at 15 - well, that's fair enough. I don't like the way you dismiss Byrne though. Best boot from fullback in the country and is a rock under the high ball. A far safer option than Kearney; though it does limit out attacking options...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 26 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gingergenius, I agree with most of that side except:

Jones at 8 - he shouldn't really be first choice at the Ospreys at the moment, nevermind for the Lions.
Sackey at 14 - Simpson Daniel are Rory Lamont are two options I'd prefer.
Kearney at 15 - well, that's fair enough. I don't like the way you dismiss Byrne though. Best boot from fullback in the country and is a rock under the high ball. A far safer option than Kearney; though it does limit out attacking options...[/b]

Agree that SimpsonDaniel or Lamont would be fairly handy there.

Kearney is absolutley amazing under the High Ball and has a huge left boot so I don't know where you're coming from there.

Yeah, but Lee Byrne is the best full back in Britain...and Ireland ;)
The backline goes something like this:

15. Byrne
14. Kearney (Sackey can kiss my arse)
13. O'Driscoll (I guess :/)
12. Gav
11. Shane
10. Cipriani (Whoever said O'Gara is the best 10 in Europe - LOL!)
9. Phillips (Or someone else)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 27 2008, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

15. Byrne
12. Gav
11. Shane
9. Phillips (Or someone else)[/b]

Are you not forgetting Ian Balshaw?
And of course why not play Wilkonson there? This is the Lions and all.

Oh, what was Clive doing. You really were waiting for him to crack out the trusty 4-4-2 formation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Oct 27 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 27 2008, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

15. Byrne
12. Gav
11. Shane
9. Phillips (Or someone else)[/b]

Are you not forgetting Ian Balshaw?
And of course why not play Wilkonson there? This is the Lions and all.

Oh, what was Clive doing. You really were waiting for him to crack out the trusty 4-4-2 formation.
[/b][/quote]
Does that backline not please you? Who would you pick sunshine? Stringer, Horgan and Fitzgerald at 12, no doubt.

Am I the only person on this earth who thinks that Lee Byrne is way over-hyped? Am I the only one who thinks that Kearney, Lawson or Abba-dabba-doo would be much better suited to the role of 15?

Latest posts