• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Standout player of the tournament thus far

Depends what you mean by "stand-out". Barrit has stood out, in a sense...

Otherwise, Pocock by a mile.

For Japan as people have mentioned:

Mafi
Goromaru
Leitch

Thought Gareth Davies from Wales has been very good. Maybe not standout but a really solid player considering the injuries Wales have sustained in that department.

Foley without a shadow of a doubt! At this stage all other names are just honourable mentions.

Think the knee incident is a whole lot of nothing from what Iv'e seen. What do you mean by "wet nellie"?

Really? Tuilangi got how many weeks fior his knee? And at least with that incident you could argue a case that it was not intentional. Pococks was intentional so surely he will be on the sidelines for one week at least.

Anyway that's a different issue, the reality is no-one comes close to Foley in terms of player of the tournament so far.

Really? Tuilangi got how many weeks fior his knee? And at least with that incident you could argue a case that it was not intentional. Pococks was intentional so surely he will be on the sidelines for one week at least.

Anyway that's a different issue, the reality is no-one comes close to Foley in terms of player of the tournament so far.

Yeah, I've only seen one angle so maybe my mind will change when I see more, but didn't think it was a big deal.

Anyway, let's not get off-topic. Foley is an obvious candidate, can't argue with that.

I just got back from the game and I'm very sober but I think Henderson has announced himself on the world stage. He is going to be a real star

I just got back from the game and I'm very sober but I think Henderson has announced himself on the world stage. He is going to be a real star

Fast track him to captaincy I say. I think we have the future Lions first choice lock on our hands. Henderson and Alun Wyn Jones next year.

Pretty unanimous Foley and Pocock. The Aus pack as a unit have been standout. The two players I thought would've been major standouts (Folau & Savea) have been disappointing.

Last edited:
Skuds and Foley, hands down.

Milner Skudder has looked great putting 2nd tier sides the sword but fluffed a certain try with an embarrassing knock on and was shepherd's crooked off the pitch on the 50 minute mark in the only game against a good side. No way he deserves player of the tournament thus far when you consider the incredible performances of Pocock, Foley, Burgess and Brad Barritt.

Milner Skudder has looked great putting 2nd tier sides the sword but fluffed a certain try with an embarrassing knock on and was shepherd's crooked off the pitch on the 50 minute mark in the only game against a good side. No way he deserves player of the tournament thus far when you consider the incredible performances of Pocock, Foley, Burgess and Brad Barritt.

I agree with you in terms of player of the tourney so far. But underestimate this kid at your peril. He is going to be a superstar - perhaps in this tournament, just wait and see ;)

I agree with you in terms of player of the tourney so far. But underestimate this kid at your peril. He is going to be a superstar - perhaps in this tournament, just wait and see ;)

No doubt he's in the top 3 most devastating backs in world rugby, but in this tournament he played a poor game against the best side he played against and got subbed. He's established and has played a few blinders in the Rugby Championship so I'm not saying he's hype or anything, just that in this tournament he hasn't really shone yet. How do you fancy your chances against France mate? You must be pretty confident after they totally failed to show vs Ireland today.

Latest posts