• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Steffon Armitage wanting to play for France.?!

This is all a bit stupid isn't it ? All what will happen is everyone will say look you made your choice to play for England that's that. Then Ewis will say why shouldn't he play for France as he identifies as french and he can't play for England as he's in France. Then people say that's bull**** and he isn't really french. Repeat cycle until everyone is bored ****ing ****less, then open this argument up again when the next international window comes up :)

as you can see, I'm not interested in debating this. I just took the time to let some ppl know about this as it's in French. And that's a pretty cool drawing too.

WTF Armitage in extended french training squad:

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_9466204,00.html

Squad/Extended Training Group:

France's 30-man squad: Mas, Slimani, Kayser, Szarzewski, Guirado, Domingo, Debaty, Flanquart, Maestri, Papé, Vahaamahina, Dusautoir, Burban, Le Roux, Nyanga, Ouedraogo, Chouly, Claassen, Picamoles, Machenaud, Parra, Michalak, Tales, Trinh-Duc, Médard, Huget, Bastareaud, Fofana, Lamerat, Dulin.

30 additional players: Ducalcon, Tolofua, Orioli, Ben Arous, Chiocci, Menini, Tichit, Le Devedec, Suta, R. Taofifenua, Bruni, Camara, Lapandry, Lauret, Galan, Ollivon, Doussain, Pélissié, Tillous-Borde, Lopez, Plisson, Fall, Guitoune, Thomas, Fickou, Fritz, Mermoz, Buttin, Germain, Palis.

The 10 potentially selectable foreigners: Atonio, Van der Merwe, S. Armitage, Tulou, Kockott, James, Connor, Nakaitaci, D. Smith, Spedding.

Is that Brock James?

Last edited:

ITS capacity, Planet Rugby, not "it's capacity"...there's no verb in there...

And holy shiit, this is getting way out of hand !!!!!!!! :lol:

The 10 potentially selectable foreigners: Uini Atonio (La Rochelle), François van der Merwe (Racing Métro), Steffon Armitage (Toulon), Alex Tulou (Montpellier), Rory Kockott (Castres), Brock James (Clermont), Blair Connor (Bordeaux Bègles), Noa Nakaitaci (Clermont), David Smith (Toulon), Scott Spedding (Brive).

As you all know I'm cool with Steffon Armitage specifically, but not Kockott. Tulou ? François van der Merwe, Spedding ?!?? ffs.........

France has been run by such incompetent morons, the state of our entire entity has degenerated way past its previous lowest point by a mile; and they really think that the problem is the players then, as this implies ?! Like, Kockott and Brock James would be an answer to our problems, surely, because Parra, Machenaud, Trinh-Duc or others are so bad, right ? Spedding ?!?!! We've got fkng PLENTY of quality fullbacks !!
It's like they're just going for foreigners, just for the fk of it. Like, when you have a new internet connection, you just download anything like a maniac just to look at how fast your mb/s rate is ?? They're just having a fkn blast, it's not even close to necessary...

Blair Connor ?! He's a fantastic wing, but with the same name roughly we've got a 100% Frenchman, he plays for Bayonne, he's young and BRILLIANT, and he's called Marvin O'Connor !!! (Aussie dad) And he's easily better than Connor !!!...

A fkng disaster...I'm speechless.

WTF Armitage in extended french training squad:

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_9466204,00.html

Squad/Extended Training Group:

France's 30-man squad: Mas, Slimani, Kayser, Szarzewski, Guirado, Domingo, Debaty, Flanquart, Maestri, Papé, Vahaamahina, Dusautoir, Burban, Le Roux, Nyanga, Ouedraogo, Chouly, Claassen, Picamoles, Machenaud, Parra, Michalak, Tales, Trinh-Duc, Médard, Huget, Bastareaud, Fofana, Lamerat, Dulin.

30 additional players: Ducalcon, Tolofua, Orioli, Ben Arous, Chiocci, Menini, Tichit, Le Devedec, Suta, R. Taofifenua, Bruni, Camara, Lapandry, Lauret, Galan, Ollivon, Doussain, Pélissié, Tillous-Borde, Lopez, Plisson, Fall, Guitoune, Thomas, Fickou, Fritz, Mermoz, Buttin, Germain, Palis.

The 10 potentially selectable foreigners: Atonio, Van der Merwe, S. Armitage, Tulou, Kockott, James, Connor, Nakaitaci, D. Smith, Spedding.

Is that Brock James?

hoho this is hotting up! yes it's Brock James of Clermont. His full name is showing in the list provided by other media.

So the French have just given up on being a national team then? Pathetic.

****ing hell. Surely this has got to be straw that breaks the camel's back. 3 year residency is a joke.

To get all those available France's 7's team would be as follows this season
1. Armitage (England)
2. Tulou (New Zealand/Samoa)
3. James (Australia)
4. Connor (Australia)
5. Smith (New Zealand/Samoa)
6/7. 2 French.

Ugh ... I didn't even think it would be that bad but rather just 1 or 2 or possibly 3.

PSA is turning out to be a disgrace to French rugby. Why is he still in the job?

If you look at from an entirely different angle PSA is never going to be remembered in French Rugby History for his amazing results or his amazing coaching skills, thats ni on impossible but to be remembered for the absolute embarrassment and complete idiocy that he bestowed on himself and the French National rugby team he will certainly be remembered for at least many years to come, having said that they will just go and win the World Cup next year to prove me wrong.

Maybe it's the squad for the French BaaBaas. Would certainly be closer to the truth than calling that squad French.

The Residential French XV, they forgot the "P" as it was going to be called "OLLANDS XV" but they are not sure just how long he will be around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at from an entirely different angle PSA is never going to be remembered in French Rugby History for his amazing results or his amazing coaching skills, thats ni on impossible but to be remembered for the absolute embarrassment and complete idiocy that he bestowed on himself and the French National rugby team he will certainly be remembered for at least many years to come, having said that they will just go and win the World Cup next year to prove me wrong.

No they won't. PSA has overseen the removal of the last of the stereotypical things of the French national team. The French inconsistency is gone these days, he's made them very consistent, just consistently ****. Would an England coach survive finishing 6th and 4th in the 6N? No, they sacked Andy Robinson when he came 4th and Ashton when he came 3rd. Why are France suffering this fool?

Ireland have got to be delighted at their RWC pool now. Unless France remove PSA, they are likely a quarter final against Argentina away from a first ever World Cup semi final (probably against England or Australia). If Italy weren't also so awful, they could have profited from this shambles too.

Heh Duck stop smoking that stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!did you really think i was serious!!!!!!!!!!! you need to get a life outside of this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you don't need to tell us what we already know....... "No they won't " that on its own should be statement of the year on TRF............

"The Legion"

I agree...this is just as bad as Deicide's album...

To be clear, this is embarrassing and a disaster not for the sole fact alone that France are picking random strangers from all over the planet. It's an awful, awful case of poaching, but the word "poaching" and its application have existed/occurred many moons ago and everywhere it was possible, and will continue to exist everywhere in the future, that much is a guarantee.

No, this is utterly embarrassing and a complete motherfkng full-blown Snakes on a plane DI-SA-STER because the FFR are doing this --> to cover up for their monumental failures and by-far-worst results in France history since being a truly competitive nation (way back during the 50's).

And yes, of course, picking a David Smith or a vdMerwe is absolutely pathetic as they have literally ZERO ties with France, as opposed to a Noa Nakaitaci who's been developed by a local club, played all his pro Rugby in France, and arrived there at a very young age.

Yes I agree, this would be more like the Baabaas or a World XV or some exhibition, entertainment-oriented team rather than a national side.

Let's just have fun and make a XV with all the truly-poached guys:

1 some Georgian eventually
2 some huge Pac Islander eventually
3 Atonio
4 vdMerwe
5 another monstrous Saffer, why not
6 Antonie Claassens
7 Steff Armitage
8 Tulou
9 Kockott
10 Brock James
11 Blair Connor
12 I dunno, some Pac Islander with insane stepping
13 some Pac Islander with insane stepping
14 David Smith
15 Spedding

That team better wear the fkng united colors of Benetton shirt, coz they sure ain't wearin' Bleus.

Every country is doing the same. France just have more foreigners to choose from. If the rules are a joke then expect this kind of thing to happen.

Latest posts