• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Surely the tightest premiership in years

N

nick_w

Is it me, or is this Premiership turning out to be the tightest in recent years in terms of the play off places.

Just looking at the table, it is still a high likely hood that any of the top six teams (i.e. half) in the prem could make the play offs.

I whole heartedly believe that excluding Gloucester, none of the other places are dead certainties, especially when looking at th fixtures coming up.

What are everyones thoughts. Discuss people! B)

it is really close this season and it will be tighter still.

i would like to see sale in the top 4 but cant see it based on the quality of the other teams in the top 6 they will probs end up 5th but could be close with Quins

i think the top 4 by the end will be

Gloucester
Bath
Wasps
Harlequins

Wasps to win the play offs at the end!

Brave trying to call it, I wouldn't dare! To close to call for me, just so long as quins make the play off I don't mind :cheers:, just waiting to find out where they will be playing and then I am getting tickets. My confidence is high!

Tigers now seem out of it. Gloucester & Wasps look assured. Sale simply have to get bonus point wins against Newcastle & London Irish (both at home) to claim a play-off spot. The game at the Stoop between Quins & Sharks looks to a season decider for both clubs.

The loss to Worcester at home and our failure to claim the bonus point when winning comfortably has been our downfall.

I can't see anyone stopping Wasps ***le charge.

they are famous for late season charges. this vickery injury might rock the boat a little though.

3 months it said didn't it?

As for this being the tightest premiership, totally agree. The sad thing is that Sky have been so poor in promoting it and screening quality games. For example Wasps v Saracens.

Really tight at the top, and tight to call, but i reckon it'll end up with.
Gloucester
Wasps
Bath
Leicester
Gloucester to win overall, i think they deserve it more than most.

Cant see Gloucester getting the job done in the final, too naive, I'm not sure they'll even finish top any more. I hope they do as I'd give Sharks an outside chance at Kingsholm.

As proved yesterday we can forget winning at the Rec and I cant see us wining at Adams Park either.

We can realistically only finish forth. And if Hodgson is injured along with our speight of injuries and Thomas being suspeneded I'm not sure we can even manage that.

Cant see Gloucester getting the job done in the final, too naive, I'm not sure they'll even finish top any more. I hope they do as I'd give Sharks an outside chance at Kingsholm.

As proved yesterday we can forget winning at the Rec and I cant see us wining at Adams Park either.

We can realistically only finish forth. And if Hodgson is injured along with our speight of injuries and Thomas being suspeneded I'm not sure we can even manage that. [/b]

Quins v Sale is the big game for 4th place. If Quins win the it opens the door for a Tigers v Quins decider for 4th place. If Sale win then Tigers need to get 2 more points than Sale (i.e. 2 4-try victories) with Sale getting no BPs. unlikely i think.

I think Wasps are assured and i will put money on them winning it. After the 6 nations finished and they got their international players back, they have simply stormed it. Unbeatable at the moment

Latest posts