• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team Rankings - Full list & Overall ratings

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Feb 28 2005, 05:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Feb 28 2005, 05:03 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 27 2005, 05:07 PM
But the fact is that oldies like Reihana, who could never cement a spot in the Abs, are the league's best players! i think that speaks volumes....Blowers this...Reihana that.....they'd get eaten for breakfast.
By who exactly? Martin Johnson got picked up in the tackle by Blowers yesterday, a feat not many have claimed to achieve. And if Reihana is so bad then why do a number of Kiwi fans seem deeply gutted by his decision to stay in England? Seeing as I don't watch much S12 rugby I don't go around slagging off the competition and it's players as a load of crap. You're opinion on these players seem slightly undermined by the fact that you say you don't watch European rugby. How does that work?
<
[/b]
I completely agree man

It seems SH fans love taking pot shots at NH Rugby but really they don't even watch it so they are just hauling facts of their asses

I noticed Leinster were missing alright ... any chance of an update locks?

... and if this games ratings have been assessed/given for last season (how else could they rate england so highly?) then why are leicester so good? (better then wasps last year - NO!) saints were better last year,

in reality, about 40% of the ratings are a pile of bollix and why in the name of god are there only 21 internatioanl teams available - expand your horizons EA for christ's sake !!!

oh well, have to we'll just have wait longer for more realistic representation (in both team ratings and teams available!)

If they want to make it properly realistic, they want to have all the club sides deprived of their international players on int weekends!
<

It does make you wonder about the person who was given the job of statistics for this game! Do they watch International matches, or do they know about rugby for that matter. It does spoil it for me cos you do pay good money for a game that cliams to be everything that rugby is, and they always get it so wrong. People may think we are sad, but its so disturbingly wrong.....is'nt it? I am English and watch them at Twickenham 2 or 3 times a season, and They ARE NOT No 1 (may 5-6 with a full team) Any way, Where are Leinster? Does that mean no BOD And Darcy?

The Lions are missing too, although if you can actually pick the squad yourself from the Home Nations it would obviously change (it would also be pretty cool).

OMG !

Canes @ 55. That is a joke. They maybe inconsistant, but definitley not that bad!

they did finish 11th last season so if it is based on last year super 12 it is quite accurate. Blues 77 is interesting level with the bulls but i guess based on the last super 12 that would be about right.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 28 2005, 07:26 AM
they did finish 11th last season so if it is based on last year super 12 it is quite accurate. Blues 77 is interesting level with the bulls but i guess based on the last super 12 that would be about right.
Would be right, except the stats are obviously not based on 2004 super 12 form (ie. Look at the chiefs low rating for instance)............

hence if it is then based on the players in each team then the ratings are seriously flawed.........

yeah true the chiefs are low. Rankings are a msytrey then as Blues are equal with the bulls yet the hurricanes chiefs ranked quite low

Originally posted by el_tk@Feb 28 2005, 05:09 AM
Where are Leinster in the rankings?
Cheers, Locks.

Well, I'm hoping there are still 24 teams in the Heineken Cup...

1. Bath 71
2. Biarritz 77
3. Bourgoin 74
4. Brescia 51
5. Cardiff 54
6. Castres 60
7. Edinburgh 67
8. Glasgow 52
9. Gloucester 77
10. Richmond 63
11. Leicester 81
12. Llanelli 71
13. London Wasps 80
14. Munster 78
15. Neath-Swansea 51
16. Newcastle 66
17. Newport 58
18. Northampton 65
19. Perpignan 72
20. Paris 73
21. Toulouse 80
22. Treviso 48
23. Ulster 57
24. ?

Possibly more comparing to some of the other teams rankings........

According to this Italy is a 20% better team then the Canes??, and Fiji 15%??

How England stays at the top of the tree i'll never know!

Seriously, what a disgrace to the 'world champion' mantle - 9 losses in last 14 tests...

Super 12 rugby is light years away from northern hemisphere rugby!
even when they take players away from us.
err nearly took sivivatu that would kill the cheifs now without Jackson!!

hurricanes 78
crusaders 86
blues 85
cheifs 72
highlanders 70
waratahs 80
reds 68
brumbies 89
cats 65
bulls 68
stormers 78
sharks 69

Rugby 2005 top 12 countries:

England 92
New Zealand 91
Australia 89
South Africa 88
France 86
Ireland 84
Wales 82
Argentina 80
Italy 75
Scotland 74
Samoa 74
Fiji 70

Jamie Gough top 12 countries:

New Zealand 94
Australia 91
England 89
South Africa 88
France 86
Ireland 84
Wales 81
Scotland 78
Argentina 77
Italy 76
Samoa 72
Fiji 70

Rugby 2005's Super 12:

Brumbies 81
Crusaders 79
Bulls 77
Blues 77
Stormers 76
Warratahs 72
Highlanders 68
Cheifs 67
Sharks 64
Reds 63
Cats 58
Hurricanes 55

Jamie Gough's Super 12:

Brumbies 84
Crusaders 83
Blues 81
Stormers 79
Warratahs 79
Bulls 77
Cheifs 76
Hurricanes 76
Reds 75
Highlanders 75
Sharks 74
Cats 72

Thats about the jyst of it.

Jamie Gough

Yip thts gud
xcept for reds and bulls are the worst super 12 teams
bulls had 1 fluke season

Sharks are surley bit better than the reds or hurricanes they have finished higher up than both of them in recent seasons I think. Apart from that I go with goughs rankings Brumbies Crusaders Blues definetly top 3 fourth spot could be anyone maybe waratahs just ahead of the stormers.

For international rankings proabbly NZ and Aus 1 and 2. England haven't played well since the world cup really so I think France 3 thne England at 4 followed by South Africa Ireland Wales Scotland Italy Samoa Fiji

While not a huge Union fan even I know S12 is better than the Euro club comp because S12 is provincial where as the Euro have clubs.

The Euro club comp would slaughter the Sydney comp however.

Latest posts