• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team Rankings - Full list & Overall ratings

wheres the british isles ? no that im interested bing a aussie fan but where r they?

im sorry,but the southern hemisphere rugby as this arrogance surrounding it,where they generally believe that the sh rugby is alot better than the nh. Well for the record,one of the earlier comments stated that the reason the super 12 is better than the heineken cup is that they use clubs whereas the super 12 is provincional.Well sorry to break this to you,the heineken offers both clubs and province. The welsh,irish and scottish teams are all province,with the english,french and italian are normal clubs. I think that there should be a match every year between the super 12 winners and the heineken cup winner,Because i believe the top teams in the heineken cup are more than a match for the brumbies,blues and crusaders. They do a similar sort of thing in rugby league,and well the nh club rugby is better in the nh than the south because bradford and leeds have won it over the last two years.

ye but do they hav british isles cuz they hav maoris pi's aus A etc etc just do they hav british isles 2

Originally posted by loratadine@Feb 28 2005, 09:26 PM
They do a similar sort of thing in rugby league,and well the nh club rugby is better in the nh than the south because bradford and leeds have won it over the last two years.
Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah haahahahah ah.. h ahahahahah HAHHA AHA HAHAHAHAH HAHAbAHAHAHAHHAHAH HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA... ah...
<

hmmm does n e 1 no if lions r in lol plz stop avoinding me
<
i wana thrash em wit pi's

In Short....The NH competitions cant be compared to that of the SH...Both competitions is hard!

But givin the fact that the s12 teams has to travel much more and far makes it a VERY difficult tournament! The Euro teams doesn't travel as far. Would love to see the Euro teams take on the SH teams though!

Boy-o-boy!!!!

Neath-Swansea 51

Surely theyre a bit better than that, top of the Celtic league after all.

To be fair the wales ranking would be accurate before the 6nations. But weve proved ourselves to have alot of potential now and probably deserve to have a slighltly higher ranking. Whereas obviously England are not what they were a while ago.

in some ways i think NH competitions are harder becoz they buy good players from around the globe, aussies, nz'ers, SAcans, etc... where as SH competitions ... say the NZ super12 teams, mainly have NZ players... JUS AN OPINION

why the heke are the hurricanes so poorly rated !! SUREly they aint the worst team in the super 12 !~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go blues !!

Originally posted by loratadine@Feb 28 2005, 09:26 PM
im sorry,but the southern hemisphere rugby as this arrogance surrounding it,where they generally believe that the sh rugby is alot better than the nh. Well for the record,one of the earlier comments stated that the reason the super 12 is better than the heineken cup is that they use clubs whereas the super 12 is provincional.Well sorry to break this to you,the heineken offers both clubs and province. The welsh,irish and scottish teams are all province,with the english,french and italian are normal clubs. I think that there should be a match every year between the super 12 winners and the heineken cup winner,Because i believe the top teams in the heineken cup are more than a match for the brumbies,blues and crusaders. They do a similar sort of thing in rugby league,and well the nh club rugby is better in the nh than the south because bradford and leeds have won it over the last two years.
I don't often get into the north vs south debate in regard to Super 12 v Heiny Cup (but I guess the north vs south chairty match shortly will prove interesting).

I think it would be pretty close, the quality of teams that play in the Heiny cub up in the north versus the Super 12 from down south. Perhaps a bit more attention on forward play from the north, and more back play down in the south. (Heiny Cup vs Super 12 this is remember, not strictly internation teams for that matter tho).

But in reply to your post, in all fairness theres a hell of a lot of the top players from your northern clubs that have gone there for the big buck from the south in the first place. You've had the likes of Cullen, Rupeni Caucau, Tim Horan, Reihana, 'Inga The Winger', Kronfeld & Zinzan Brooke to name only a few of the 'Southies' that play (or have played) in the Heiny cup.

The only one I can think of from up north that had a Super 12 stint was French prop Christiaan Califano, who warmed the bench for the Auckland Blues (sometimes he sturggled to even make the bench) for one season.

And remember it was Martin Johnson that came down to New Zealand when he was just a very young chap and came back to England a different player, hehe.

<

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by NZL fan@Feb 28 2005, 02:35 PM
Fiji are a better side then Samoa, as proven here....

http://www.teivovo.com/results_internation...fiji_samoa.html

Scotland havn't beaten anybody of note for ages (unlike Argentina), so how can they be ranked ahead of the Argies??
Are you serious?!

One match in June 2004, I was expecting a breakdown of their last 15 tests, or at least 5, but one?!

Well Tonga beat Australia once apon a time (during the 70's), so perhaps they should be at least ranked 90 in the game.

Heh
<

Hope that didn't sound harsh, I wasn't meaning it to be.

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 28 2005, 09:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 28 2005, 09:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Feb 28 2005, 09:26 PM
They do a similar sort of thing in rugby league,and well the nh club rugby is better in the nh than the south because bradford and leeds have won it over the last two years.
Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah haahahahah ah.. h ahahahahah HAHHA AHA HAHAHAHAH HAHAbAHAHAHAHHAHAH HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA... ah...
<
[/b]
Loratadine - you are an idiot man...

The English team has always just won and reached their prime in fitness and patterns etc etc

The other team just rolls up as a disparate bunch and still wins most of the time. The Bulldog's comeback this year showed that with a bit of footy under the belt they would have f***ing smashed Leeds.

I am not a fan of the Bulldogs and am a kiwi - but this is obvious stuff mate. You're clutching at straws here.

The reason no NH players come down here is cos we don't need to fill our playing stocks - there is already alevel of class the Heineken Cup cannot emulate.

Thinking Reihana and Blowers are awesome is a give away of epic proportions! You think these guys are awesome (they're SH) b/c they exist in comparison to players with a talent level that is lower than those in the Super 12.

Wait till the Lions arrive here and play the Blues. Then your dumb ass will know what's what.

And whoever said that the NZ teams only had NZ players....shesh....nice one genious! lol! The comp also has AUSTRALIAN sides and SOUTH AFRICAN sides too (and their players are mostly....you guessed it!).
The point is we can develop our own talent across multiple teams and have good player stock - the NH cannot....it must recruit. The disparity in players going north as compared to players going south is proof undeniable that this is true.
Accept the truth - that a couple of isles with a population of less than 4 million produces rugby players of a calibre high enough, that when they reach their twilights HERE they become legends THERE.

Stop embarrassing yourselves by debating this matter. Give me one definitive reason why the NH might be better as I have...not your mad rumblings.

The reason no NH players come down here is cos we don't need to fill our playing stocks - there is already alevel of class the Heineken Cup cannot emulate.
Nope

The Reason why no NH player come to the SH to play rugby is that they don't need to do it.........They've got great competitions in here, big money and fame......why bother traveling 10000 km and leave you relatives when you can play where you are.

This Debate is useless, you said it earlier, you get Heineken cup but you don't watch it because you say it's boring.........that's your point of view. I get S12 and i watch it anytime because I LIKE RUGBY.

Now assuming that Toulouse, Paris, Leicester or London WASPS woud'nt win a game against a S12 team is like assuming no NH international team could win the World cup.
( Yes it actually happened, the rugby World champions are from the NH)
Seems unlikely on paper but you know what: it's rugby.....it ain't science......you never know.

Now if you want to keep living in denial..........go ahead........who cares anyway.

Rugby 2005's Super 12:

Brumbies 81
Crusaders 79
Bulls 77
Blues 77
Stormers 76
Warratahs 72
Highlanders 68
Cheifs 67
Sharks 64
Reds 63
Cats 58
Hurricanes 55

Gandalf's 2005 Super 12:

Brumbies 82
Blues 80
Stormers 79
Crusaders 78
Waratahs 75
Bulls 73
Hurricanes 73
Highlanders 71
Cats 70
Chiefs 68
Reds 67
Sharks 65

Nope

The Reason why no NH player come to the SH to play rugby is that they don't need to do it.........They've got great competitions in here, big money and fame......why bother traveling 10000 km and leave you relatives when you can play where you are.

This Debate is useless, you said it earlier, you get Heineken cup but you don't watch it because you say it's boring.........that's your point of view. I get S12 and i watch it anytime because I LIKE RUGBY.

Now assuming that Toulouse, Paris, Leicester or London WASPS woud'nt win a game against a S12 team is like assuming no NH international team could win the World cup.
Seems unlikely on paper but you know what: it's rugby.....it ain't science......you never know.

Now if you want to keep living in denial..........go ahead........who cares anyway.
I don't know where you get your crazy ideas from mate!

I never said that Toulouse etc wouldn't win a game against any Suoper 12 side.

Stop inventing stuff when you're firmly under the cosh...it's dribble.

I am telling you, plain and simple, one more time so you get it....

I watch the NH games, but don't usually last to even half time (this means I am actually watching them)

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...

it is possible that the reds, cats and perhaps highlanders would get a reasonable fight, on the odd occasion, from a NH team.

99 times out of a hundred however, the Blues, Crusaders, Brumbies, Hurricanes...hell, even the Tahs and Chiefs.....would not just beat you....but humiliate you. We're doing it in forums and we'd sure as hell do it to u on the park.

Can I have the leicester line-up pleae?

Then go and read my post in one of the most recent threads.....then never post again.

Looks to me just like the Super12 and EuroCup teams have been rated separately, then the comps teams normalised across a rating of roughly 50-80 to balance both comps.

I happen to agree that the Super12 ratings drop too low and should nearly all be between 70 and 80 based on what the Euro ratings are - but I also do believe that 4 or 5 five of the top Euro teams could compete on a par in the Super 12.

Other teams, such as "Richmond" (how come "London Wasps" keep their name, but Harlequins, who play in Twickenham, are suddenly "Richmond"?!!) most certainly could not - and are themselves rated too high (they should swap with Neath-Swansea who hammered them twice)

However, in defence of the people who rated the teams ... I know since I did the English ratings for Rugby2004 (sorry!) they would have been done a good 9 or more months ago ... and not based on any actual recent performances.
Hence, England had yet to demonstrate their spectacular slump in form, now they have lost "one or two" players (or twelve or thirteen!).

I'd have stats go something a bit more like:

Brumbies - 92
Blues - 91
Crusaders - 90
Hurricanes - 88
Warratahs - 84
Stormers - 82
Bulls - 80
Chiefs - 79
Highlanders - 77
Reds - 77
Sharks - 76
Cats - 72

Leicester - 31
Toulouse - 29
London Wasps - 90....oh, sorry I mean 19....

you get the picture...

<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

Nope

I watch the NH games, but don't usually last to even half time (this means I am actually watching them)

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...

it is possible that the reds, cats and perhaps highlanders would get a reasonable fight, on the odd occasion, from a NH team.

99 times out of a hundred however, the Blues, Crusaders, Brumbies, Hurricanes...hell, even the Tahs and Chiefs.....would not just beat you....but humiliate you. We're doing it in forums and we'd sure as hell do it to u on the park.

Then go and read my post in one of the most recent threads.....then never post again.
Blah blah blah all over again.........

Very interesting post,showing how mature and grown up you are.
(i'm guessing between 15 and 18.)
thanks for stopping by.

Nope

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...

Blah blah blah all over again.........

Very interesting post,showing how mature and grown up you are.
(i'm guessing between 15 and 18.)
thanks for stopping by.
Actually, with your peasely posts total - I'll be thanking YOU for stopping by.

15 - 18?

Inches maybe.

Try to decipher the tongue-in-cheek posts from the seriously structured and articulated ones....if your meager mind can manage it (bit of alliteration there for you..hehe)

I notice, again, you have no argument....but to tell me (despite the length of my posts) that I apparently don't have one.

Pretend this is a court of law mate - where we work through hypothetical scenarios.....

Evidence mate...E-V-I-D-E-N-C-E!

I asked for the Leicester line-up not some half-assed reply from a chump with a single figure IQ. Send your next fellow NH to my chopping block and crawl back under that rock buddy......you cheapen this forum.

Man, this is too easy.

For the record, I am in my mid-twenties.

Yeah, sorry mightyquin, but i haven't watched enough heinken cup or zurich premiership to fairly judge the NH teams and give them a proper rating in my opinion...

Some of the overall stats bamboozle me though, geez, canes at 55!!! lol

Leicester Tigers strongest team
1.G.Rowntree
2.G.Schuter
3.D.Morris
4.M.Johnson
5.B.Kay
6.L.Moody
7.N.Back
8.M.Corry
9.H.Ellis
10.A.Goode