• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team Rankings - Full list & Overall ratings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Cheers mate. Some seriously f***ed up rankings there though. How could some of the European teams even get close to the worst Super 12 teams? Doesn't make sense to me.[/b]

Well, a couple of years back maybe last season (memory like a sive)

I remember Northampton Beating Cats, with a reseanble score, so how can the super 12 teams even come close to the european teams? load of crap, most of them are very evenly matched.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 1 2005, 09:05 AM
Long day ahead of you until 8pm 
<

Since it's a media event, might they be fielding questions?  Perhaps they could shed some light on how their rating system works.  You never know, it might make complete sense when you're playing/involved with the game.

Anyway, hope it goes well, and that you come back with the same gusto everyone else has who has managed to play it.
Yeah well heres hoping!

Don't worry, I've got all the same questions, and I'll make sure I bring it up. But I'm sure they'll just have a bunch of PR people there that will know bugger all about the game and just avoid the questions and confuse you about what you asked in the first place almost as good as Andrew Wilson
<

But I'll try (but I doubt I'll get anywhere)

I think the best thing I can do is just try and hog that damn consol all night, and consume a truck load of the free booze.

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by jgough@Mar 1 2005, 09:13 AM
I think the best thing I can do is just try and hog that damn consol all night, and consume a truck load of the free booze.
Dad?

Originally posted by jgough+Mar 1 2005, 08:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jgough @ Mar 1 2005, 08:44 AM)</div>
Originally posted by NZL fan@Mar 1 2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by jgough@Feb 28 2005, 10:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Feb 28 2005, 02:35 PM
Fiji are a better side then Samoa, as proven here....

http://www.teivovo.com/results_internation...fiji_samoa.html

Scotland havn't beaten anybody of note for ages (unlike Argentina), so how can they be ranked ahead of the Argies??

Are you serious?!

One match in June 2004, I was expecting a breakdown of their last 15 tests, or at least 5, but one?!

Well Tonga beat Australia once apon a time (during the 70's), so perhaps they should be at least ranked 90 in the game.

Heh
<

Hope that didn't sound harsh, I wasn't meaning it to be.

Jamie Gough

No point in basing it on years gone by as the teams are changing all the time...........as they don't play that often the only thing you can really go on is the last game between the two...........

You just have to look at the players in each team to come to the conclusion that Fiji has the superior squad..........
<

IRB rankings back me up as well - so wheres your logic???
But teams will win games and lose games that they shouldn't all the time.

You have to take a little bit of history into creating a Rugby game, otherwise it doesn't have longjivity (spelling?!)

For example, New Zealand's second to last match that they have played currently was won by 1 point, against Wales, but it is silly to say that NZ should be ranked 91 and Wales 90. Maybe right at this point in time, but it would be a joke, because you have to look at the big picture.

Maybe the last year or so, and then take into account what those players are capable of, and then judge when they are just playing out of their skins against a team in a slump.

So I stand by my reasoning.

Cheers.

Regards,

Jamie Gough [/b]
IRB rankings take all recent games played by all teams into account, and still Fiji are clearly ahead of Samoa.........

The All blacks form is based on a number of recent games for the share fact that you can (they play 10 + a year against mainly quality opposition)......this isn't the case for a team like Fiji.

So again I ask where is your reasoning behind Samoa being better then Fiji at the moment??
<

Under your reasoning therefore England, in rugby 2006 (if it is made), should still be ranked number one because they won the world cup a couple of years prior and beat Aussie home/away, and NZL away - regardless of the fact they have been utter ******** since??.........

You go jamie!!!

Have another!!

I dunno, i rate samoa better than fiji; yeah fiji play more attractive rugga but still i would put my money on samoa any day!!

Do you chaps even watch the same game?

I agree with NZL.
Why couldn't they have just taken into account the IRB rankings?

Seems messed up.

Italy better than Scotland?!! Wales only 82, a team that beat the top ranked team, lost by 1pt to NZ and 2pts to SA!

Cardiff Rugby are also a lot better than Bourgoin, Bourgoin lost at home to Treviso (ranked 48) 34-0!

This is a bit ridiculous

A quick look at the Heineken Cup Quarterfinals if they were in Rugby 2005:

Toulouse 80 v Northampton 65

Paris 73 v Newcastle 66

Leinster v Leicester 81 (still waiting on Leinster's rating)

Biarritz 77 v Munster 78

For the S12 rankings if they were that confused at how to rank them they could just look at last years teams play i mean it isnt hard.

I don;t get what the big deal is.
I can't be arsed looking back over five pages about team ratings, so forgive me if this has been said...

This seems very similar to peoples complains about team ratings in NBALive. The overall team rating is some type of average of the player ratings.

BASIC example:

Lets say France have a terrible kicking game across the board - every player sucks at kicking. This will obviously bring their rating down. Or maybe they have 1 good kicker but everyone else sucks.

Now, ON THE FIELD when you're playing you obviously are going to play to your teams strengths, so in our simplified hypothetical example you only have your one good kicker do the kicking and play to your strengths (eg: loosies).

Get the picture? a team rating isn't saying that OVERALL a team is shitter than another team...

Originally posted by NZL fan+Mar 1 2005, 10:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Mar 1 2005, 10:26 AM)</div>
Originally posted by jgough@Mar 1 2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Mar 1 2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by jgough@Feb 28 2005, 10:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Feb 28 2005, 02:35 PM
Fiji are a better side then Samoa, as proven here....

http://www.teivovo.com/results_internation...fiji_samoa.html

Scotland havn't beaten anybody of note for ages (unlike Argentina), so how can they be ranked ahead of the Argies??

Are you serious?!

One match in June 2004, I was expecting a breakdown of their last 15 tests, or at least 5, but one?!

Well Tonga beat Australia once apon a time (during the 70's), so perhaps they should be at least ranked 90 in the game.

Heh
<

Hope that didn't sound harsh, I wasn't meaning it to be.

Jamie Gough

No point in basing it on years gone by as the teams are changing all the time...........as they don't play that often the only thing you can really go on is the last game between the two...........

You just have to look at the players in each team to come to the conclusion that Fiji has the superior squad..........
<

IRB rankings back me up as well - so wheres your logic???

But teams will win games and lose games that they shouldn't all the time.

You have to take a little bit of history into creating a Rugby game, otherwise it doesn't have longjivity (spelling?!)

For example, New Zealand's second to last match that they have played currently was won by 1 point, against Wales, but it is silly to say that NZ should be ranked 91 and Wales 90. Maybe right at this point in time, but it would be a joke, because you have to look at the big picture.

Maybe the last year or so, and then take into account what those players are capable of, and then judge when they are just playing out of their skins against a team in a slump.

So I stand by my reasoning.

Cheers.

Regards,

Jamie Gough
IRB rankings take all recent games played by all teams into account, and still Fiji are clearly ahead of Samoa.........

The All blacks form is based on a number of recent games for the share fact that you can (they play 10 + a year against mainly quality opposition)......this isn't the case for a team like Fiji.

So again I ask where is your reasoning behind Samoa being better then Fiji at the moment??
<

Under your reasoning therefore England, in rugby 2006 (if it is made), should still be ranked number one because they won the world cup a couple of years prior and beat Aussie home/away, and NZL away - regardless of the fact they have been utter ******** since??......... [/b]
NZL fan, I agree with most stuff that you say and I really don't care enough about this to keep going on about it.

I just think, although Fiji are a couple of points higher in the IRB world rankings than Samoa, that they are pretty damn evenly matched in reality, and those points make it seem like there is a bigger gap than what there actually is.

Lets move on, we all know the Rugby 2005 rankings are a bit, eh, questionable at best - but hmm, I'm just looking forward to it.

<

Jamie Gough

well rugby is not all about the players but the coaches as well.If a team doesnt have a good coach then they wont win many games take the cats for instance when laurie mains took over.So between north and south teams i dont kno ho would win but nh does take the players that are struggling to make s12 or theyre national team.

Most guys in NZ Australia South africa only go north because they are struggling to make theyre s12 team or national team.Sometimes the case is about money though some guys know theyre careers about to end so they just go to end theyre career make a lil more money up north.

Just because the northern hemisphere won the world cup once brings a whole other confident side in you northern supporters lol.

1986=NZ won the world cup
1991=Aus won the world cup
1995=Sa won the world cup
1999=Aus won the world cup
2003=Eng won the world cup

Now that shows whose been more dominant Nz is also ranked number 1 in the world right now.

I dont know why some people are talking so much though lol taking this topic to the heart.

Oh yea Tongan would have done way better if they had theyre real team at the rugby word cup ahahahaaa lol

Originally posted by Handsomebob+Mar 1 2005, 06:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Handsomebob @ Mar 1 2005, 06:45 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Mar 1 2005, 02:24 AM

For the record, I am in my mid-twenties.
Oh god, how sad is that !!!!

Being in your mid twenties and sound like a teenager, that must be tough on your fragile and narrow mind. Don't worry, things change, you'll get old and wiseer someday.
Now you should quit insulting people just because they don't share you're point of view, my 4 year old son does that, you're far to old to behave like this man. [/b]
Actually you insulted me first ********.

You only frogot because it was so forgettable.

Who wouldn't get off on dishing an ass tanning like the one you got.

You keep hasseling me...

I keep hasseling your rugby....

Thus you substitute any decent argument with insults of my character when you don't even know me!

What a f***wit!

I didn't say the NH teams didn't have good players, I said that they weren't AS GOOD.

Learn how to read and stop believing your own hype WATERBOY.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Mar 1 2005, 09:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Mar 1 2005, 09:35 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 28 2005, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 28 2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Feb 28 2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Feb 28 2005, 05:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 27 2005, 05:07 PM
But the fact is that oldies like Reihana, who could never cement a spot in the Abs, are the league's best players! i think that speaks volumes....Blowers this...Reihana that.....they'd get eaten for breakfast.

By who exactly? Martin Johnson got picked up in the tackle by Blowers yesterday, a feat not many have claimed to achieve. And if Reihana is so bad then why do a number of Kiwi fans seem deeply gutted by his decision to stay in England? Seeing as I don't watch much S12 rugby I don't go around slagging off the competition and it's players as a load of crap. You're opinion on these players seem slightly undermined by the fact that you say you don't watch European rugby. How does that work?
<

I completely agree man

It seems SH fans love taking pot shots at NH Rugby but really they don't even watch it so they are just hauling facts of their asses

<
<
<

Okay let me put a few things to sleep here......

1. I wasn't taking potshots at all - my initial post was purely about the Blues stats...no mention of NH AT ALL. I hassled the NH when a paranoid member of their support base invented the notion of me having a go.

Stupid.

2. How many NH players are we using?....cos everytime you talk up NH rugby you mention a whole lot of names that kind of remind me of some SH players I used to watch in our comps before they were past their international prime: Bond, Blowers, Reihana to name a few....Dowd etc etc...
You actually tripped over yourself by using the example of a feat of a SH player for talking up the NH....hilarious! lol!

3. Who wants Blowers and Reihana back?

I assume you must believe (in some illogical little nook that you call reality), that he would usurp McCaw? And that Reihana, well, he'd JUST HAVE to be better than those useless buggers like Howlett, Rokocoko, Sivivatu, Muliaina etc etc - who also happen to be in their mid-twenties or just out of their teens? Yeah, we're just aching to have these old fellaz back after dispatching France at home in front of a fervent crowd like a bunch of five year olds who accidently took a left instead of a right somewhere on the way to their sunday league game.

How's England going in that Six Nations comp anyway?.....I assume, having had a game at Twickenham that they've put someone away by now? ...Oh...
<
<

Seems not.

Oh yeah...and also I have a 24 hour, 7 day a week, channel called "The Rugby Channel" which provides me with all the rugby that is played in the world. We have "matches of the week" from the comps you rate so highly and they are so mindlessly f***ing boring (for the most part) - that I usually don't last till half time.

How much Super 12 do you watch?

If none you can't talk.

If all the time, well, why the f*** are you watching? Envy maybe...?
You really are an arrogant twat aren't you! Why don't you try reading peoples' replies and actually thinking you're answer through before you come out with such an utter load of bullshit.

If you actually re-read my post, I didn't state that either Blowers or Reihana would walk back into the national team, that's just something you seem to have cooked up from nowhere.

I also mentioned "a number" of Kiwis, not all, but some being disappointed by Reihana's decision to stay. If you open your mind a little then perhaps you'll realise that the people I'm talking about are Waikato fans, where I've been told Reihana was a very popular player before he left.

Also, what is this all about? "You actually tripped over yourself by using the example of a feat of a SH player for talking up the NH....hilarious! lol!"

My argument is that if SH players say it is a tough league to play in, then surely that gives some validation to what I'm saying...

And again, try opening you're eyes to actually read my post next time. I clearly state I don't watch much S12, so I'm not going to start bad-mouthing it am I.

Finally, it's funny how you have suddenly gone from saying that you watch no European rugby to claiming that you watch it on "The Rugby Channel". Just a point I thought I'd raise... [/b]
Yeah get riled up mate, that's it - You've changed your tone cos you know I'm right.

If you really meant this...and really meant that.....then articulate and explain yourself better you twat.

<<watch no European rugby to claiming that you watch it on "The Rugby Channel". Just a point I thought I'd raise... >>

Oh dear God!!

Read them from the beginning...you will see it clear as day.

I said I can't last till half time in a match.

Do you have 24 hour, 7 day rugby to watch and therefore access to the style and form of all teams in the world?

No. So you have less to go on.

For a guy with a kid and therefore at least 20-odd too - your writing and research are of a standard lower than mine.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, so put down the boulder buddy.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 1 2005, 05:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 1 2005, 05:39 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Handsomebob@Mar 1 2005, 06:45 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Mar 1 2005, 02:24 AM

For the record, I am in my mid-twenties.

Oh god, how sad is that !!!!

Being in your mid twenties and sound like a teenager, that must be tough on your fragile and narrow mind. Don't worry, things change, you'll get old and wiseer someday.
Now you should quit insulting people just because they don't share you're point of view, my 4 year old son does that, you're far to old to behave like this man.
Actually you insulted me first ********.

You only frogot because it was so forgettable.

Who wouldn't get off on dishing an ass tanning like the one you got.

You keep hasseling me...

I keep hasseling your rugby....

Thus you substitute any decent argument with insults of my character when you don't even know me!

What a f***wit!

I didn't say the NH teams didn't have good players, I said that they weren't AS GOOD.

Learn how to read and stop believing your own hype WATERBOY. [/b]
Wow, still pumped up after a good nigh sleep.........
damn .....you should get laid sometime.......
Anyway, you can go on like this for days, it won't change anything
you still sound like a spoiled kid to me.
but still you make me laugh,
i bet your friends (you do have some right ??) like you, must be cool to have a clown around.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 1 2005, 12:46 AM
And whoever said that the NZ teams only had NZ players....shesh....nice one genious! lol! The comp also has AUSTRALIAN sides and SOUTH AFRICAN sides too
i sed that ... i was jus pointing out that NH teams are widely based whereas nz super12 teams are locally. and i know s12 has south african and aussie teams jus using dat as an example

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 28 2005, 04:53 PM
And if Reihana is so bad then why do a number of Kiwi fans seem deeply gutted by his decision to stay in England?
well i wasnt gutted when howlett smoked his ass and then spencer stepped him all in one game(npc final 2001/2002?)..hes a fantastic player..hes got allround skills...so does carter and aaron mauger and luke mccalister..we got solid players...but we would love to hav em back in the black jersey...WHERE HE BELONGS...we seriously dont need him...we want him
<

Latest posts