• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team Rankings - Full list & Overall ratings

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 2 2005, 11:09 PM
ok,listen here southern hemispherians. Leicster tigers would not loose to the cats or for the record many super 12 teams, I could honestly say that the brumbes would have a job beating the tigers. I find it fascinating that half of you dont even watch the heineken cup and still criticise it. Fans in the nh have a much broader understanding in rugby,and realise its not just the backs who win the game.
Like the old cliche says
"forwards decide who wins,the back by how many"
A few points - stop shaping the argument falsely.....

- the point that is being made is that the top 3 sides in the Super 12 on paper (Blues, ACT and the Crusaders would bot lose to a Heineken side 99/100 times and I stand by this point and this point ALONE.

Not that th Cats would beat Leicester etc - stop making **** up.

- Actually I watched the whole of the 5th round Bath versus Leinster match last night.....when was the last Super 12 game you watched? last weekend? If so I have watched NH rugby more recently than you have atched SH - fact.

- The ol' backs thing eh!? Have you seen recent matches between Oz and England, Oz and France and, more importantly NZ versus France? (don't include the other games b/c it was our "b" team...and we still won.). I am telling you that the forward packs of the TOP 3 (make sure remember this buddy - don't go changing the thread of the argument again) Super 12 sides I've mentioned are at least the equal of the top NH sides - whose entire line-ups I have studied in the last few days as I requested they be posted...It's called research and, really mate, I think that (because rugby is actually our national sport) kiwis know about and watch a lot more rugby than you do. this allows US to be more broadminded. I don't consider broadmindedness meaning PC subservience to the idea of equality between sides when one side has significantly better personal and far far better backs, while having at least the equal in the forwards. This is illogical. This is your argument.

Check the Jamie Foxx argument - he hadn't won the oscar, but we all knew he would (you might not have though) - this is exactly the same as your infantile argument that we won't know until they've played. Would you say that about Ireland? Because some might think that they would give us a decent struggle - they're a very good side - BUT they have NEVER beaten us.

Wake up.

Can you please provide me with the AB team that played on that day?
and I'll gladly clear a couple of things up!

<

Originally posted by cavan@Mar 3 2005, 12:23 AM
Munster beat the All Blacks and they're only a provincial side.
huh? How would I know about that legendary game won by more than one score - 12-3 or something b/c of a legendary second=five eughts who tackled his heart out and became a legend as a result (broke his shoulder and played on?)

The play (stage) about the game I saw and they did a speech about the purity and selflessness of the tackle that brought tears to my eyes.

Note the time...this is off the top of my head - this is a NH legend and I know it. Yeah us SHers know nothing eh! We need to be more broadminded.

Pfffffttttt.
<

You remeber this event b/c it is the exception to the rule and b/c Stu Wilson is a pussy! he he! lol! Never forget this.....and never forget that magnificent upset. Sych events define the ethos of sport.

los lover, i think you are infantile, we are having a non confrontational arguement sharing our opinions. Springbok is doing this the proper way,he is listening to my point and saying his. You on the other hand just jump off the bullet you are very arguementitive and childish. I would listen to your points alot more if you would say it in a mature way without getting personal and offensive. This is a forum were we are supposed to have different opinions,i joined this froum to have mature and intelligent debates,not to have to ordeal personal attacks just because my opinion is different to yours.

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 3 2005, 12:36 AM
los lover, i think you are infantile, we are having a non confrontational arguement sharing our opinions. Springbok is doing this the proper way,he is listening to my point and saying his. You on the other hand just jump off the bullet you are very arguementitive and childish. I would listen to your points alot more if you would say it in a mature way without getting personal and offensive. This is a forum were we are supposed to have different opinions,i joined this froum to have mature and intelligent debates,not to have to ordeal personal attacks just because my opinion is different to yours.
Oooooohhhhhhhh

read the post two above you and the one you just missed. Then get out of the kitchen.

<<I would read your posts>>

Well if you're not, don't comment on them. Simple.

Opinion would be: the Highlanders would beat Leicester...

Virtual fact is that the Blues WOULD beat Leicester.

And NO...not just in the backs.

For someone who isn't a child, you sure sulk like one.

yeah blah blah blah, well youre the one who sulks like one if someone has a different opinion to yours,you throw your dummy out of the crib.

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 3 2005, 12:42 AM
yeah blah blah blah, well youre the one who sulks like one if someone has a different opinion to yours,you throw your dummy out of the crib.
I thik we have a case of arrested develoment here - blah blah blah and then repeating apoint you made two minutes ago is not a post.

And licking Springbok's crotum is a little bit silly and shows you're tangled up in semantics as quite clearly at the top of this page he gives you a good asskicking and is more biased than I would ever be.

You don't like my arguments because they come with a little heat and that is cold comfort for you.

Go on write blah blah blah and ****...waste some more space like your backs do.

ok fair point. But waste some more space like your backs do.
What what what,the welsh have really good backs,and i think they use space well.

I like my crotum being licked!
<

Los Lover...It's a known fact that the AB's are the most respected team in rugby...purely because they are the most consistent of them all. But throwing comments like that doesn't do good for the image in what NZ rugby is being looked at. Loratadine is throwing the bate and you are taking it hook, line and sinker! Relax man!

Still wanted to ask you...what NZ regional team do you support?

i thought this thread was about team rankings???? isnt the debate thread sumwhere else in this forum????...

getting bak to the "SUBJECT" of this thread...

Its good to see the Pacific islanders rating is right up there with sum of the best... i cant see Tonga's stats though being better than the Hurricanes even though i love my home country to death and am happy to see that EA hav ranked them above the hurricanes and alot of other teams...

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 2 2005, 03:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 2 2005, 03:17 AM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Mar 2 2005, 06:35 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Mar 1 2005, 06:49 AM
<<watch no European rugby to claiming that you watch it on "The Rugby Channel". Just a point I thought I'd raise... >>

Oh dear God!!

Read them from the beginning...you will see it clear as day.

I said I can't last till half time in a match.

Do you have 24 hour, 7 day rugby to watch and therefore access to the style and form of all teams in the world?

No. So you have less to go on.

For a guy with a kid and therefore at least 20-odd too - your writing and research are of a standard lower than mine.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, so put down the boulder buddy.

What are you on about? I haven't got a kid, and I'm not in my 20s. Where the hell did you get that from??? Seems like you're the one whose research is a bit off mate.

As for the point in your previous post, I'm getting riled up because of your pure arrogance, and 'I'm better than you attitude'. It annoys me when people like you talk such crap, and then will come out at some point no doubt and call the English the arrogant ones.

I think I made my views perfectly clear and articulate, you just need to open your mind a little and at least consider someone elses point of view.

And just for a bit more evidence that both leagues are clearly much closer than you think, read 187's post about Christian Cullen.
Ok mate believe what you want to dude. I'm trying to present you with facts...

I had a huge post explaining well, essentially, why you're wrong...but the internet cut out and I can't be bothered repeating it.

When the next rugby game goes online we will be clashing with ABs against whichever NH run-abouts you choose....and I am going to wipe you off the field like you don't exist.

Will you take that challenge to settle this dispute?

Given that the factual superiority of the current ABS and current OZZIES - essentially all in just three teams just about - is lost on you.

I have no doubt I watch more rugby than you - a priviledge of working from home and having the rugby channel. Thus you have less to go on and less resources to pull your information from. Reading about it is not the same.Oh...and if of you two makes another remark about my intellect or other thing that is totally irrelevant to the discussion as you have done so on many occassions as a sad substitute for evidence and facts (apart from line-ups of players who obviously to anyone neutral - help me out America! - could not stay with teams that contain the best player in each position on the rugby field that exists apart from centre (O'Driscoll)) I will do something surprising. Let it be left at that.......

I only wish to hear you (both of you) accept the challenge. You will be right if either of you can beat me (challenge will of course be on PS2). [/b]
"I had a huge post explaining well, essentially, why you're wrong...but the internet cut out and I can't be bothered repeating it." - That's a very nice argument, well done.

LMAO! Please do suprise me, I'm now very interested in what you're threatening to do to me...

I'm not going to go out and buy a PS2 just to play a game of rugby against you. One, I can't afford it, and two, it doesn't prove anything in this discussion at all, only that one person is better at a video game.

And just out of interest, where exactly have I questioned your intellect? Your views and attitude yes, but that's about it.

you cannot dismiss NH teams by sayin the brumbies are just two good. look at teams like leicester, toulouse and leinster. leinster have one of the worlds best backlines that would tear apart most SH teams. also the defensive standard in the super 12 is quite poor. games are far too high scoring, some of the tackling is non-existent, and their line-outs and scrums are pretty non- contested.
if the standard of super 12's is so much greater than the NH, how come england won the world cup?

Originally posted by richees@Mar 3 2005, 07:44 AM
you cannot dismiss NH teams by sayin the brumbies are just two good. look at teams like leicester, toulouse and leinster. leinster have one of the worlds best backlines that would tear apart most SH teams. also the defensive standard in the super 12 is quite poor. games are far too high scoring, some of the tackling is non-existent, and their line-outs and scrums are pretty non- contested.
if the standard of super 12's is so much greater than the NH, how come england won the world cup?
Because our players are spread across (for the most part) - just three teams.

Leinster's backline would tear apart SH backlines? Heheh...yeah ok mate. O'Driscoll's a good player sure, but don't be preposterous.

Games are highscoring NOT b/c defence is bad, but because you can't stop the explosiveness of some team's attack. It is for this same reason that a NH team couldn't beat Blues, Crusaders or Brumbies - not in the forwards or the backs. If you can't see this, then we will have to agree to disagree. I just hope you don't burn in hell for being ignorant.

of course Leinster's backline would compete against any Super 12 sides. Plus as well as being the most creative in attack, in defence they can be awesome. D'Arcy, BOD, Girv, Hickie and Felipe are all excellent tacklers and Horgan won't be caught out by any high cross kicks.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 3 2005, 04:08 AM
Leinster's backline would tear apart SH backlines? Heheh...yeah ok mate. O'Driscoll's a good player sure, but don't be preposterous.
Have you taken a look at Leinster's back-line? It's most of Ireland's backs playing in a different colour shirt...

plus Felipe Conteomi and David Holwell and we've got great backups in Gary Brown, Brian O'Riordan and James Norton.

Originally posted by *MiTcH*@Feb 28 2005, 05:29 PM
And 2 the idiot that said that mortlock would get eaten by o.driscoll is right because now hes injuerd. otherwise no he wouldnt.
nh club rugby is a joke. hahahahahahahaha
o'driscoll is probably the best 2nd center in the world. just look at everyone's dreamteams on this forum. almost everyone has him in their starting lineup

Latest posts