• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tendai "The Beast" Mtawarira ineligible to play for Springboks.

I'm getting quite a laugh out of the comments on that page, how we appear to be cheating for trying to use a Zimbabwean in our team, he already fulfills the IRBs 3 year residency criteria, it's simply our Ministry of sports and recreation that's being anal about this.

I mean, heaven forbid we allow someone to escape the hell that is Zimbabwe so he can play in a fairly stable and peaceful country like South Africa. (I said fairly stable and peaceful damn you !)

At any rate, this is sad news, was really hoping the beast would be in the lineup for France, but seems like it's not going to happen now.

Well if "The Beast" doesn't play tonight it won't be that big problem because Wian du Preez is better then him in anycase....(expecting a malicious assault by Sharks supporters soon) :box:

Just hope they sort out this mess soon and that he will be able to play in the rest of the tour.

Pretty sad and stange new at the same time.
Why won't let the guy play for the Boks after he already played 19 testgames?

SA Rugby nowadays is all about politics, when will they realise sports and politics don't mix.

Is Mugabe involved in this?

See, that's your problem in SA - you didn't bring a long enough spoon when you chose to sup with that devil.

Africans in general. They seem to know how to shoot each other in the foot. The sports minister for RSA comes across like he doesnt approve. Like his opinion, would be worth anything.

Gobshites for not making this go away very very quietly.

What is it about South African sports ministers or any feckin ministers.

Latest posts