• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Commonwealth Games

actually wales beat s.a in there four years as world champs - come on mate get youre facts right.

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 17 2006, 11:01 AM
actually wales beat s.a in there four years as world champs - come on mate get youre facts right.
I don't count SA as having actually won the WC because they had to poisen the kiwi's to do it. In My opinion it's Aus 2, NZ 2, and Eng 1 as far as WC's go :p ... so I'm still right :D

if the wc had been going as long as the football wc - wales would have won it at least 3 times

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 17 2006, 02:10 PM
if the wc had been going as long as the football wc - wales would have won it at least 3 times
Compared to?

id say something along the lines of if the wc had been going since 1900

nz - 8
sa - 6
england 4
wales - 4
aus - 2

Speculation is a wonderful thing isn't it? Don't know how you came up with England 4... They'd still have to beat NZ and they didn't really do that very often for the first 100 years of rugby history, in fact it was a freak occourance at best.

Anyway, getting back to reality again, Australia is currently the most consistent and successful world cup team in the competitions history. Also, may I remind everyone again that rugby is the 3rd most popular football code in Australia and has the 4th most player numbers out of AFL, RL and soccer... and we still managed to win 2 RWC's! So there :p

Australia just beat SA rather easy..... so there through to the semis against NZ

Bad news is Latham looks like he's out for the rest of the tourny and Giteau and Tuqiri are also carrying injuries.... so thats our three best players in doubt.

even thought the aussies lodt against england last night...i think they hav got the easier road to the final after beating south africa...they will be playin nz in the semis...the nz team doesnt look that strong even with the supe 14 players...maybe because they have only 2 frontline s14 players

yeah so i think aussies will be pretty happy playin against nz in the semis than fiji

Originally posted by nik@Mar 17 2006, 05:02 PM
even thought the aussies lodt against england last night...i think they hav got the easier road to the final after beating south africa...they will be playin nz in the semis...the nz team doesnt look that strong even with the supe 14 players...maybe because they have only 2 frontline s14 players

yeah so i think aussies will be pretty happy playin against nz in the semis than fiji
We have alot of injured players, I think the Kiwis should be favorites for this one
----------
Somoa were so unlucky to lose to England in the last 10seconds 17-14

im still thinkin either england or fiji to win this thing

[/b]

England? No way.

I was at the dome for all the quarters, and England were shocking, they were lucky to get through, and if Samoa had turned half of its oppurtunities into tries then England would have been routed.

Semi final 1

New Zealand beat Australia 21-19.......with Latham,Giteau and Tuqiri all injured we had no chance.

I still have no idea what the rules are, the Kiwis comitted so many penalties but no one was sent off :blink:

Ah, great game, but NZ too powerful.... what? it's only sevens and we will still get bronze!

Rules: 7-a-side, 7 minute half, 3 man scrum, modified lineout, penalties - can't go for goal. Conversions - drop kicks.

All other rules are the same.

Wait, there's only one touchy... don't ask me why but that's how it is.

i was wrong...and underestimated the nz team...but the reason nz won is because australia played like **** untill the last 3 minutes.....i still think fiji will win the gold medal...but it will be a intrestin final

the ref did give away alot of penalties...few of them were questionable... but with so much possesion they should have capitalised a little earlier....
atleast a silver medal for nz is still pretty good...considering this is the first time this season they are making 7's tournament final

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 17 2006, 09:07 PM
Ah, great game, but NZ too powerful.... what? it's only sevens and we will still get bronze!

Rules: 7-a-side, 7 minute half, 3 man scrum, modified lineout, penalties - can't go for goal. Conversions - drop kicks.

All other rules are the same.

Wait, there's only one touchy... don't ask me why but that's how it is.
I know what the rules are i just dont understand what constitutes a yellow card,

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 17 2006, 09:54 PM
Semi final 1

New Zealand beat Australia 21-19.......with Latham,Giteau and Tuqiri all injured we had no chance.

I still have no idea what the rules are, the Kiwis comitted so many penalties but no one was sent off :blink:
Why? Its hardly like we stacked our team with S14 and Wallabies like you did.

Originally posted by Ripper+Mar 17 2006, 09:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Mar 17 2006, 09:54 PM
Semi final 1

I still have no idea what the rules are, the Kiwis comitted so many penalties but no one was sent off  :blink:
Why? Its hardly like we stacked our team with S14 and Wallabies like you did. [/b]
Why what ? why we had no chance without the 3 Wallaby backs fit?

Because our regular sevens players suck, i thought that was pretty clear considering we haven't won a sevens Tourny since.........**** ........i have no idea.

Fiji won the bronze medal

Fava got knocked out from what looked like a head clash ,it looked like he was hit on the temple and he was like shaking on the ground........one of the worst things i've seen in a rugby match......... i hope he's ok

Latest posts