RWC 11 or Sidhe Rugby Challenge ?

• RWC 2011 HB

Votes: 80 10.3%
  • Sidhe Rugby Challenge

Votes: 418 53.8%
  • Both

Votes: 279 35.9%

• Total voters
^^^ Rugby Challenge only has NZ/AUS so far.

RWC now has Scotland, France, and England.... that is half of the six nations. They also have South Africa.

As for gaming community, the talk has been that if you have a PS3, it is easier for you to share patches and stuff like that.

But neither company has really talked about patches or similar items.

Please read the forum a bit more before posting as all of this was covered in past posts.

*link removed*

found this on the sidhe forum

gameplay of rugby challenge

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam presentation etc and the gameplay looks good. Cant wait to see it on side view.

Have to say, actual gameplay doesn't look that different to the Rugby 08 - rucks are different with two times of entry, but stepping and general gameplay doesn't look that different

Still looks great though, can't wait to play it

*link removed*

found this on the sidhe forum

gameplay of rugby challenge

Who are tru blu, I thought HES was the publisher?

Anyways on the game, I was worried after the very first tackle, looked very rugby leagueish the way he gets put down, but all seemed ok after that. Also didn't like how it slows the game down for kicks but assume that can be turned off, especially for online.

Quite a funny pre build bug is about 9-10 minutes in, the ball gets passed to someone still on their hands and knees, he gets up and starts running with it like it was magnetised to his hands.Doubt that will be there on the final product though.

May get this if and when it comes out in the UK, nice to have a bit of variety

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just about to post this! Epic proof that this game will **** all over RWC 2011.

Epic proof? There's still a lot to prove yet, what the heck was going on with that passing? That was absolutely alarming. It bobbled all over the place and made some kind of arcadey popping noise as it was caught every time. I'm not knocking Sidhe, as this is their first go, but boy do I hope that player was just completely hopeless.

Due to name inserts the commentary was very choppy and Justin Marshall sounds extremely like he's reading it all from a newspaper. Nisbo's the one getting his commentary broken with name inserts and he still sounds way better!

Where was the defence in the backline? It seemed the entire defence was in the rucks or relying on terrible passing to provide an opportunity to actually tackle the attack!

The presentation looked great, it really did. Maybe that part will indeed rule massively over RWC. Still, that's presentation, not gameplay. The players did all look like they had kinda pudgy baby faces though.

This better be finished presentation and unfinished gameplay! I need to see better than this stop start unflowing display to give this the praise it's already getting from others.

The kicking in that pre-release build is nice imo, Looks quite easy to use not to sure on the slow down part and how that'd work online however.. The first tackle was a bit weird.. like it was half way between a maul and a tackle :| Ruck option is pretty much like 06 and 08 (throw players in using X etc). Also is it just me or does the #9 stand pretty far back from the rucks?

I dont like the way the camera changes alot either tbh :/ If It stayed as the End to end (behind player in possession) I dont mind as you can see gaps more and imo a bit easier when defending.. but when it zooms in on the #14 when he makes a break I dont like it at all :/ you can't tell if there is anyone in support etc.

Scrums look ok, not 100% sure on how they work push up on the sticks at correct time to get a huge shove it seems :/ stop start scrumaging? :|

Finally in attack why does it seem that Touluse (sp) always seem narrow? the who backline only stretches to before halfway across the pitch :| I know he has all 8 forwards in the ruck but that leaves 7 guys to spread it wide but they seem a bit bunched up :/

Not wanting to be entirely negative on it, I'm still getting the game it looks good and has a bit more to it than RWC (am getting both)

Edit - Did anyone else notice that when the loosehead gets sent off one of the commentator goes "Had him high there, it wasnt malicious thats why its just a penalty" right when the ref shows the red to the player? :|

Last edited:
The kicking in that pre-release build is nice imo, Looks quite easy to use not to sure on the slow down part and how that'd work online however.. The first tackle was a bit weird.. like it was half way between a maul and a tackle :| Ruck option is pretty much like 06 and 08 (throw players in using X etc). Also is it just me or does the #9 stand pretty far back from the rucks?

I dont like the way the camera changes alot either tbh :/ If It stayed as the End to end (behind player in possession) I dont mind as you can see gaps more and imo a bit easier when defending.. but when it zooms in on the #14 when he makes a break I dont like it at all :/ you can't tell if there is anyone in support etc.

Scrums look ok, not 100% sure on how they work push up on the sticks at correct time to get a huge shove it seems :/ stop start scrumaging? :|

Finally in attack why does it seem that Touluse (sp) always seem narrow? the who backline only stretches to before halfway across the pitch :| I know he has all 8 forwards in the ruck but that leaves 7 guys to spread it wide but they seem a bit bunched up :/

Not wanting to be entirely negative on it, I'm still getting the game it looks good and has a bit more to it than RWC (am getting both)

Edit - Did anyone else notice that when the loosehead gets sent off one of the commentator goes "Had him high there, it wasnt malicious thats why its just a penalty" right when the ref shows the red to the player? :|

Exactly. A lot of good there, but as Andrew said above, hardly "Epic Proof" that this is going to be better than RWC gameplay wise. Do people actually know when anything is worthy of the word "Epic" anymore?

Anyhow, I'm hoping this build is somewhere around 90-95% towards what the final game will be like. Please someone tell me the backlines will be more spread out and better organised in the final product!

just about to post it so awesomee:lol:

Last edited:
Exactly. A lot of good there, but as Andrew said above, hardly "Epic Proof" that this is going to be better than RWC gameplay wise. Do people actually know when anything is worthy of the word "Epic" anymore?

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic
So when you dipshits ascribe the word "epic" to banal things like the new Tron poster (not even the entire movie, just the poster), and children's games like "duck duck goose," you cheapen the word and water it down so it just becomes a sound you make, like a grunt when you approve of something. And it's not just used for approval, it's also used to describe minor disappointments, like having to restart a DVD because it skipped. Now every minor inconvenience is an "EPIC FAIL." And if it's cool, it's not just cool but an "EPIC WIN." And for the record, fail is a verb, and is something you do, like fail at English. The act of failing is "failure," and is a noun. People can be failures, but they can't be "fails." That doesn't make sense. So when you miserable pieces of **** say "epic fail," what you really mean is "epic failure."

Anyhow, I'm hoping this build is somewhere around 90-95% towards what the final game will be like. Please someone tell me the backlines will be more spread out and better organised in the final product!

Same here, don't care what the game looks like. I just hope it doesn't have the same arcade feel as rugby08, and has awesome gameplay. It was a great game, but rugby is so much more than "skip pass to Wendel Sailor".

Last edited:
http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

Same here, don't care what the game looks like. I just hope it doesn't have the same arcade feel as rugby08. It was a great game, but rugby is so much more than "skip pass to Wendel Sailor".

Just been looking at the new WALES screenshots and have just seen the Rugby Challenge gameplay vid. This thread should pretty much shut down... there is no comparison. I always liked the gameplay on Rugby 08 more than any other.. just think there should have been more penalties.

Looks pretty great, much better than i expected.

Marshalls comments are so irrelevant to what is going on its insane. E.g with Fritz's breakaway try when he shouts 'they really built that try"

Oh man! Justin Marshall is truly dreadful. Should have got actors to do the job.

The gameplay looks fun and I quite like the slow down for kicks, and the wind's effect on the ball looks great.

But what's with the passing off the deck? The scrumhalf seems to have to pick the ball up, stand completely upright before performing a delicate transfer of weight in his hips and then finally releasing the ball. Also, I am correct that for most rucks the player had to throw about 8 men in to secure the ball?

Check out the clock at the end...93 mins.

Nonetheless, I'm still looking forward to it. IMO the person playing must have been rather poo.

Last edited:
I'm interested to hear what Getofmeland thinks of the RC gameplay footage compared to RWC demo he played. Any points of interest?

Edit - just seen them now my bad.

Also according to the sidhe forums this link here states they have top 14 and the Pro 12 (as it goes on about how it includes the magners league)

http://www.cdiscount.com/jeux-pc-vi...-jeu-console-ps3/f-1034611-9312590123467.html obv. a website selling the game isnt proof however.

Interesting..how can they have magners if wales and scotland are licensed to rwc? Thought wales in particular were all covered by WRU, dunno bout scotland, Ireland/provinces definitely is.

Interesting..how can they have magners if wales and scotland are licensed to rwc? Thought wales in particular were all covered by WRU, dunno bout scotland, Ireland/provinces definitely is.

TBF it does also say the super 15.

Yeah I know it aint entirely accurate with league names etc as I said it aint anything official tis miles from being "confirmed" was just interesting it said it was there etc.

Latest posts