21. Jamison Gibson-Park
22. Jimmy O'Brien
23. Dave Kearney
24. Oisín Dowling
25. Conor O'Brien
26. Tom Daly
27. Jack Kelly
28. Gavin Mullin

A couple of things worth looking out for are James Lowe starting at 15 and Noel Reid at 10.

With Carbery off our 15 depth is down a bit so you'd hope Lowe can fill the void. I'm interested in how Noel Ried goes given that his playing time will probably be down this year with Tomane in.

I suppose not having a single 10 in a squad that big is as good a reason as any to give Noel Reid a game there.

Sexton captain, Ruddock vc.

New jerseys are rotten in my opinion, I'd almost sooner buy the Munster European tribute jersey to us with the blue and yellow dots all over it!
Welcome to Adidas. We will all have the same gear just look at NZ franchises etc. Same gear just colours different.

Canterbury have great quality and variety. And ye left them. Fashion wise an awful call. But like us commercially it is a no brainer

Team for the Newcastle game tomorrow

Leinster (v Newcastle):

15. Dave Kearney
14. Hugo Keenan
13. Rory O'Loughlin
12. Joe Tomane
11. Barry Daly
10. Ciarán Frawley
9. Jamison Gibson-Park

1. Ed Byrne
2. James Tracy
3. Michael Bent
4. Scott Fardy (captain)
5. Mick Kearney
6. Josh Murphy
7. Will Connors
8. Caelan Doris

Replacements:

Peter Dooley
Bryan Byrne
Vakh Abdaladze
Ross Molony
Ian Nagle
Max Deegan
Luke McGrath
Jimmy O'Brien
James Lowe
Tom Daly
Adam Byrne

That's not far away from the kind of lineup that we're likely to see during an international break this season. It'll be interesting to see how they get on.

Leinster A team to play Ulster A:

15. Hugo Keenan
14. Michael Silvester
13. Conor O'Brien
12. Tom Daly CAPTAIN
11. Jack Kelly
10. Harry Byrne
9. Paddy Patterson
1. Ed Byrne
2. Ronan Kelleher
3. Vakh Abdaladze
4. Ross Molony
5. Jack Dunne
6. Oisín Dowling
7. Scott Penny
8. Caelan Doris

16. Dan Sheehan
17. Giuseppe Coyne
18. Jack Aungier
19. Ronan Foley
20. Ronan Watters
21. Hugh O'Sullivan
22. David Hawkshaw
23. Liam Turner

Scott Penny, David Hackshaw and Liam Turner are in their first year out of school.

Ross Molony and Caelan Doris' involvement suggests Devin Toner and Jack Conan will be back in the first team this weekend. Ed Byrne's inclusion says Jack McGrath is probably back. Since Hugh O'Sullivan and Paddy Patterson are in this team, it means JGP is in the first team squad. Assuming James Lowe gets his start having missed out last week, Scott Fardy could be missing with James Ryan back. Maybe this is the first team:

D Kearney, McFadden, Lowe. O'Loughlin, Tomane, Lowe, Byrne, L McGrath; J McGrath, Byrne, Porter, Ryan, Toner, Murphy, Ruddock, Conan.

Last edited:
Thought Hugh O'Sullivan got on pretty well at the weekend, and it's good to see an addition to our scrumhalf depth. Obviously JGP is coming into some serious form as well but it's always good to have IQ scrumhalves to give us room to play Lowe and Fardy. My only concern is that he still looks very small and light.

Thought Hugh O'Sullivan got on pretty well at the weekend, and it's good to see an addition to our scrumhalf depth. Obviously JGP is coming into some serious form as well but it's always good to have IQ scrumhalves to give us room to play Lowe and Fardy. My only concern is that he still looks very small and light.
With JGP looking like our best 9 since McGrath's injury during the 6n I reckon we might be at the stage where he's more important than Lowe. Between Daly, O'Loughlin, Byrne and Tomane we have players far more capable to join Kearney and Larmour as back three options in the 23 than McCarthy or O'Sullivan are to back up McGrath at the moment.

We just have to pray RK and Larmour are around for the biggest games, and by that I mean HEC knockout games, I don't see any other must win games that we'll need a full strength side to win this season.

With JGP looking like our best 9 since McGrath's injury during the 6n I reckon we might be at the stage where he's more important than Lowe. Between Daly, O'Loughlin, Byrne and Tomane we have players far more capable to join Kearney and Larmour as back three options in the 23 than McCarthy or O'Sullivan are to back up McGrath at the moment.

We just have to pray RK and Larmour are around for the biggest games, and by that I mean HEC knockout games, I don't see any other must win games that we'll need a full strength side to win this season.

Yeah I'd agree. Lowe isn't massively needed unless Larmour goes down because we'd be fairly impotent without either of them. Kearney on the other hand is as important as he's been in ages, we need a calm head at the back with Is a gone.

I agree with you that JGP is more valuable to us at the moment, but its nice to have options for the games which Lowe does play.

Seán O'Brien set for a return against Connacht, according to reports. In the IT so it's probably accurate. Great news if true.

Seán O'Brien set for a return against Connacht, according to reports. In the IT so it's probably accurate. Great news if true.

Talk about spoilt for choice. The three finest 7s in Ireland, arguably all in the top 5 in Europe.

Nice to see them win. Looking forward to seeing Frawley, Doris etc over the next month. Maybe debuts for Kelleher, Jack Kelly as well?

Tomane out for five months. Annoying but not the end of the world. More game time for O'Loughlin.

Latest posts