• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Leinster thread

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
I get what you're saying and can understand it. And Larmour hasn't been shamed at 15 but even last week against us his positional sense was poor at times. And that isn't a hammering. Because the positional sense is only picked up really by playing there consistently.
Same goes for Joey and look even alot say Conway should be 15 also. But again playing on the wing and at 15 are massively different. Haley is probably the best option from a positional sense. And that is due to he has played 15 exclusively.
The dark horse for me is Stockdale as he looked to have huge potential there.
Really I think it'll come down to whoever is playing fullback for the provinces next season, of those whoever is in best form will probably get a shot for the Six Nations.

Like for Leinster 90% chance that we'll have Larmour playing there and that can only help him there, like I say I prefer him at 14 but if Kearney does leave then Lowe-Larmour-Byrne will be our best back three next season. Playing there consistently could only help his positioning and if he's decent there Farrell will probably back him as he's actually got the most experience there internationally. At Munster Conway could be an option but he'd need to convince Van Graan to play him there instead of Haley which doesn't seem likely. I'd love to see Carbery get a shot but so long as they're committed to him at 10 then there isn't a hope. At Ulster Ludik is the starting 15 who obviously isn't a option but if Addison comes back strongly then he could he considered there. Lowry got a lot of time there this season and showed a lot of promise, he'll be an option out there but still a long way to come as Glasgow showed. And as you say Stockdale is option if they keep playing him there, he's got the skills and he could he absolutely devastating from fullback. I'd prefer his finishing on the wing though, I know he had the drop against us, but as someone who was at that game he was absolutely terrifying and to be honest I can't remember being at a game where an opposition player scared me that much every time he got the ball in ages.

You're 100% right when you say positioning is a worry for more or less all the options and whoever does replace him should play there regularly next year.

Ster is staying sexy for one more year. Rob K made the good choice!
Probably the smarter choice for all.
Rob realistically won't play more than 10 or 11 games for Leinster next year.
This allows a more smooth handover.
Also for Ireland it probably helps Farrell of there is any uncertainty about the other options

Leinster hit from all angles today.

1. They're 10 year reunion involved an ex player knocking an academy player out cold because he didn't know who he was. And another 2 of the lads separated overr an argument.

2. A certain player who is a tough SOB being investigated over the pee incident. Although this could be argued to not be an IRFU incident anymore.

3. An issue over equality between men and women rugby recognition in Leinster. Nothing to do with Leinster on field but a rough day.

Rumours are for point 1 there will be financial implications and someone will pay but dount it'll be anyone in IRFU.

For 2 not sure what action can be taken but would expect rest to be given a dressing down and reminded of future responsibilities.

For 3. I'm sure that is a storm in tea cup

On the first issue, I heard it's a former fan favourite NIQ player who hasn't been with Leinster for 8 years. Narrows things down somewhat. How does a 40something year old think it's right to knock somebody out? Grow the f*** up. He should be prosecuted.

On the second issue, everybody knows who it is. The positive for him is another new signing at his next club proves far more controversial. It's a disgusting act and he deserves to be punished. Even though sacking the person in question would just be a token gesture by the IRFU, it's the correct thing to do.

The Railway Union issue is bizarre. What's to lose by granting them senior status?

On the first issue, I heard it's a former fan favourite NIQ player who hasn't been with Leinster for 8 years. Narrows things down somewhat. How does a 40something year old think it's right to knock somebody out? Grow the f*** up. He should be prosecuted.

On the second issue, everybody knows who it is. The positive for him is another new signing at his next club proves far more controversial. It's a disgusting act and he deserves to be punished. Even though sacking the person in question would just be a token gesture by the IRFU, it's the correct thing to do.

The Railway Union issue is bizarre. What's to lose by granting them senior status?

Yeah the first one doesn't live in the jurisdiction anymore so not sure what can be done. I'm amazed that everyone knew about the ******* but that this only came out due to Fanning's article. There's been a few supposed reasons thrown about so not sure if I believe the didn't know who he was one. Hopefully no long term problems for the academy player, he spent two nights in the hospital with concussion.

I don't really know what to make of the second one. It's disgusting but depending on which version of how it happened you believe there's a wide range of appropriate sanctions. Due to where the player is at in his career it wouldn't be difficult to set a no tolerance example and terminate his contract.

A certain Philadelphia boxer who loves running stairs and beating meat?
You've gotta give us a hint, like Muff with his "tough" comment

Edit:
Ah, seems like I was not wright with my guess

Last edited:

Edit:
Not my area to be giving names lol maybe @snoopy snoopy dog dog will but in fairness on issue 1 he's narrowed it down.
On 2 well like I did he has done everything but give name.
On 3 it's a storm that will blow over.

But just a bad day overall. However it's more sad that in slightly tarnishes Leinster for a few weeks bit shouldn't as well the 2 main issues are nothing in their control. And look we've had an issue of similar ilk to 2 in past. Well not the actual thing but player letting our name down. Every club does and this will blow over

Edit:
Muff's is a dead giveaway is you look at it right.

On No1 if it's who I think it was he's always been a bit like that, he was involved in some dispute back in his home country as well wasn't he? Not name widely known by non-hardcore Leinster fans anyway so not as big an issue as it could have been. Really, really stupid thing to do especially to an academy player.

On No2 it's a disgusting thing to do. Don't know the context but can't really excuse it in any way. As others say his contract could be terminated without any on-pitch repercussions due to where he is in his career.

No3 is weird. Just give them senior status. No reason not to.

The man barbecued and ate his own dog, club legend on the pitch but hardly a role model off it just like the fella who's in potty training.

It's fairly easy to tell who is a good skin and who's not when you live in the same city or area the team's players do and while I was a bit young to know Stan was tough around the edges Sean has always come across as arrogant to the nth degree to me and if these reports are true it's absolutely sub human and I'll be glad he's leaving.

The man barbecued and ate his own dog, club legend on the pitch but hardly a role model off it just like the fella who's in potty training.

It's fairly easy to tell who is a good skin and who's not when you live in the same city or area the team's players do and while I was a bit young to know Stan was tough around the edges Sean has always come across as arrogant to the nth degree to me and if these reports are true it's absolutely sub human and I'll be glad he's leaving.
Wait what?

So you are a posh D4 man. And I only thought you had 6 0s after the 2 in family wealth lol.

On SOB I think it's been confirmed by more than 10 sources but is he really seen as arrogant. Found him respectful the 1 or 2 occasions ivemet him but have never seen him deal with fans etc.

Like ROG I always found him a top bloke and sound and very helpful but to many Munster fans they loves him but found him stuck up and well arrogant

Latest posts