• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Lions squad for 2021 prediction

I really rate Slade, think he's class but not sure about him and Henshaw. I'd probably just play Ringrose to be honest

I think Ringer in his 2020 form walks into the team, hasn't been so good in the new year albeit very hampered by injury. I think Slade is a very similar player and more of a playmaker if less of a game breaker which could compliment Henshaw nicely.

The potential midfields always excites me about the Lions tbf. Gatland rarely picks what Id like to see though.

Did anyone see the team Two Cents Rugby put up on Youtube?

Quite impressed, its good sometimes to get an unbiased opinion.

The rumour mill is starting about Hadleigh Parkes being called up. I can't see it myself but I think he's a good player. Wales have looked weaker since he left and he's solid at inside centre.

If John Cooney or Simon Zebo goes I'm avoiding all Irish rugby media for about 18 months.

And not that I would read them but I'll stay away from any article that mentions X factor too.

If John Cooney or Simon Zebo goes I'm avoiding all Irish rugby media for about 18 months.

And not that I would read them but I'll stay away from any article that mentions X factor too.
Cooney is a bit more of a sensible suggestion since 9 is a place where there wasn't too many standouts. Back 3 though there's enough players who have played well in the 6 nations.

Thing with Zebo is he has been playing well with Racing. And Gatland knows him and likes him.
Don't know if he will go but back 3 is a weakish spot overall it could be said. And fact he covers 15 too will help his cause.
I should add that is not saying he is ahead of rest. But majority of back 3 guys are hit and miss on form. Zebo would be in similar mix .

Last edited:
We could have the 'penalties squad' on the bench with Mako, George, Itoje, Billy, Young's, Farrell and May who come on and just concede tons of penalties.

Just a thought.
Lull them into a false sense of insecurity in the first 60 minutes or so....then blam! That'll confuse them.

on a less serious note, is anyone thinking stander is an option? Also, who is the best lineout lock available?

Last edited:

Latest posts