• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

This game is gold

anways thats the main bug by the seems of it - apart from that the game is amazing.

Originally posted by loratadine@Feb 11 2006, 12:56 AM
o0o dear - i see what you mean
What happened? Did it throw 2 in the right direction and then throw one in the other direction?

REALLY annoying, spoiled that Camera angle for me.

Here's another lazy thing from HB. In one half, as you pass from a ruck, push up on the left stick and the player runs onto the ball as you pass it. In the other half, you have to pull DOWN on the stick to make the player run onto the ball, even though he's running up. Seriously weird.

The stars really do make a difference. U can really control a game wit someone like Dan Carter. He really does have a massive boot. Played against Wales and Williams scored a hat-trick on the wing. the a.i. are really good once they break the line.

I dont know bout any1 else but i love the fact that the a.i. give away more penalties. taking the 3 points has kept me in the hunt in most games i've played so far.
Makes for more realistic games.

defo - really is great

fancy a score comparing contest ds cru

we both go the same teams against the same teams for the same time on the same level?

Originally posted by ds_cru@Feb 11 2006, 01:25 AM
The stars really do make a difference. U can really control a game wit someone like Dan Carter. He really does have a massive boot.
Only the one? Won't this make him run funny?

just so much more dimension to the game - you can play so many differen style and defence can turn to attack from just one good offload or timed run.

I found EA06 to be the exact opposite of RC06. Where EA06 blows you away instantly, I then found my enjoyment stalled at a certain point. With RC06 it didnt blow me away but has grown on me ever since.

I really do think some will absolutely love EA06 though from start to finish. Its a good game.

loratadine Posted on Feb 11 2006, 01:30 AM
defo - really is great

fancy a score comparing contest ds cru

we both go the same teams against the same teams for the same time on the same level?

I've been playing world cup on pro.
Have just reached final. best games so far were Wales and the aussies. Both ran the ball a lot against me. The Welsh were 24-10 up at half time. I managed to win 40-27. It was just an unbelievable game.
Was disappointed with England in the quarters tho. A very tactical kicking match with wilkinson, but they seem to let in some very soft tries. Had a big lead goin into the last 15mins, and thats were they came on strong. They scored 2 unanswered tries.

Cant get the player to run onto the ball. Got any hints there?

U have any stand out matches yet?
I cant get over how good my Welsh match - Collins is injured and out 4 the tourney. He got caught around the neck! This is brill!

ive had good few classics

new zealand vs australlia in the tri nations

i tired to play a wide game but kept getting isolated - ht aus were leading 19-3

second half changed my tactics and kicked alot with carter i put alot of pressure on there lineout and would drive my own line out well. i went onto win 38-24

I like when u hand off the fullback after a break and can still skip outta tackles from the chasing pack.
Never used to b able to do that. U slowed down so much u just got tackled.

Its the little things in the game that have been fixed that make it so much better.

Whats up wit sivavatu's stats - speed is only 87. thought he'd b way faster

its weired although hes only 87 hes still very effective - quite a good tackle breaker.

the up and unders work a treat on here

It is eating at me knowing it is available and can't afford it... :angry:

Might pop into local "Choices" and see if they have it and trade some games...

Just got my ass handed to me in world cup final against s.a. 21-7. Missed 2 1st have pen, and let in an easy try. would've lost anyway. it's my first defeat n it was brilliant. lol.
What a game. I really like the a.i. in this.

Could do with a little less turnovers tho. Have u tried many hands in the ruck yet?

the player pics on stat screens r a nice touch. the majority look v like their real life counter parts.

graphics over all look much better. Even the stadiums look more detailed.
animations r much smoother as well. Have a look when the forwards r pumping their legs in scrums n mauls - so smooth an realistic.

Mayb i'm just cought up in the euphoria of not playin a crap rugby game, but i really am impressed this time round. Like i said earlier, its the little improvements in all aspects that makes it so enjoyable.

got to get back n play some more. Have to master the offloads-i'm starting to offload everthing at the mo and giving away to many interceptions. There so much easier to pull off than rc2006, therefore better.

Originally posted by ds_cru@Feb 11 2006, 03:24 AM
Just got my ass handed to me in world cup final against s.a. 21-7. Missed 2 1st have pen, and let in an easy try. would've lost anyway. it's my first defeat n it was brilliant. lol.

Could do with a little less turnovers tho. Have u tried many hands in the ruck yet?
As my new topic says, I can't get this option to work yet!

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 11 2006, 04:38 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ds_cru
@Feb 11 2006, 03:24 AM

As my new topic says, I can't get this option to work yet! [/b]
Used to be R3 on PS2 didnt it ? Its never worked for me this time around using R3. Maybe its changed button ?

Latest posts