• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Todays Testing Of Rc2006 At Swordfish

Originally posted by nik@Oct 3 2005, 09:29 PM
does this game have those spinning rokocoko side steps?
Yeah, there's about 4 or 5 different step animations and all of them are cool.

The best is the one where he stops dead in his tracks while the full back sprints past him. Classic.

thanks for coming on here and answering all our questions...

just a quick one, can you play as all the classic teams in this game and if so, can you rename/edit them?

This is a strange question, but it used to bug the hell out of me in the original game (and Brian Lara cricket).

When you kick the ball out, do you see if sail into the stands, and not just cut to the line outs like last time?

Cheers

Originally posted by bman2112@Oct 4 2005, 08:00 PM
This is a strange question, but it used to bug the hell out of me in the original game (and Brian Lara cricket).

When you kick the ball out, do you see if sail into the stands, and not just cut to the line outs like last time?

Cheers
<

Wouldn't say I'd noticed

That seems like a very strange thing to bug someone!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 4 2005, 07:07 PM
Unlike WCR do the tackle animations play out even if you missed the tackle?
Yes, and no

Yes they do sometimes, but it's not like Rugby 2005, for example, In Rugby 2005 if you pushed "X" the player would dive no matter where he was on the pitch. In WCR, NRL etc pushing the button wouldn't do anything until you were near the ball carrier.

RC2006 is simialr to WCR, but it feels much more responsive and "right" when tackling.

Originally posted by locksley+Oct 4 2005, 09:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Oct 4 2005, 09:08 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-bman2112
@Oct 4 2005, 08:00 PM

Cheers
<

Wouldn't say I'd noticed

That seems like a very strange thing to bug someone! [/b]
I'm sure i'm not the only one.

In JLR the ball would be kicked out, you could get hold of it, and take a quick throw in to yourself.

Worked wonders - in the last game, there was no chance of this.

Anyone who's played Brian Lara cricket will know what i mean about not seeing the ball sail into the crowd (another topic)

Um yeah, this would be a great inclusion. Not sure whether you could do it. Again if the ball did sail into the stands you would not be able to take a quick lineout (law, quicks lineouts can only be taken if it is the same ball that went out and if it hasn't touched anything other than the ground before you threw it), but if it landed just inside you should be able to take it. I think maybe if one of your players took it after it went out tap circle for quick throw in or hold circle for proper set up. Also I think if you tapped circle it should wait a second or two so you could pass to support if your team can't get back then you would throw it to yourself. I'd like to see a lineout set while a person is with the ball to play a quick lineout, in this case maybe you could tap triangle to cancel the quick throw (in the second or two left after tapping circle).

Um, it seems a little bit more realistic judging by the screenshots. Still the cartoonish look is all right. I prefer that to EA graphics as it is more likely that there will be glitches with EA's graphics.

can u do those flick passes like in R05 where you press the pass button before the player even has the ball so he jst flicks it away??

cheerz

Can you easily select defenders now? In WRC it seemed to give you random guys when you need to be able to select someone closest to the action, has this been fixed?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 4 2005, 10:41 PM
Can you easily select defenders now? In WRC it seemed to give you random guys when you need to be able to select someone closest to the action, has this been fixed?
Yeah - that's a good point!!

Originally posted by nik@Oct 4 2005, 10:40 PM
can u do those flick passes like in R05 where you press the pass button before the player even has the ball so he jst flicks it away??

cheerz
I don't think so, No.

But the passing is far better than Rugby 2005, and the offloads are so sweet.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 4 2005, 10:41 PM
Yeah, it's tightened up a hell of a lot from WCR! As mentioned in my preview, defending is just as much fun as attacking in RC2006.

I HATED defending in WCR with a passion, so this was the most pleasing aspect of RC2006 to see that it'd been corrected.

Another Question for you locks, does the game feel more solid now? Do players have momentum etc and move more like real players, or is it all slick like the last time? Hard to describe I know, but has the game engine changed that much or have these new tackles etc just been added? Cheers again

Just a few more questions.

DEFENSE:
-Do forwards still stand behind the ruck instead of in the defensive line if not added to the ruck?
-Do they move off their line together?
-Are their any charge downs?
-The "big tackle"....does the player still have that stupid animation where he dips his shoulders and "shoulder barges". Last I checked that's illegal in rugby (except league), I hope they changed the animation for it.

RUNNING:
-does momentum effect the players change of direction?

Thanks

Originally posted by toup@Oct 5 2005, 04:32 AM
Another Question for you locks,

does the game feel more solid now?

Do players have momentum etc and move more like real players, or is it all slick like the last time?

Hard to describe I know, but has the game engine changed that much or have these new tackles etc just been added?
1. Yes. Much more solid. I mentioned that at first glance it looks just like WCR, it's only when you pick the pad up and actually play that you realise it's a world away from WCR.

2. Yes. This is a great addition to RC2006. Forwards are strong, and CAN bust tackles, they can also break the line with a defender holding onto them to create that tiny bit of space you need to gain ground. It's fantastic.

3. The game engine hasn't been completely overhauled, cos some things in WCR were pretty good. Everything has been refined or changed for the better in ALL departments. i.e, passing and kicking were pretty good last time, so they've been tweaked slightly to make them better still, while tackling and defending in general have been given a HUGE change to make them great now.

I'm Sure Knowsley will echo my point about momentum of players etc, as it's something we both noticed when we were playing it at Swordfish.

Originally posted by Black|Raven@Oct 5 2005, 06:44 PM
Just a few more questions.

DEFENSE:

1. Do forwards still stand behind the ruck instead of in the defensive line if not added to the ruck?

2. Do they move off their line together?

3.Are their any charge downs?

4.The "big tackle"....does the player still have that stupid animation where he dips his shoulders and "shoulder barges". Last I checked that's illegal in rugby (except league), I hope they changed the animation for it.

RUNNING:

1. does momentum effect the players change of direction?

Thanks
DEFENSE

1. Yes... at least, I think so. That's something that I didn't really notice. I know that if you push circle your men come out of the ruck and will go and stand in the defensive line. Also, (And Trev shown us this) if you've won a ruck, tap circle a couple of times and your back row will come out of the ruck and join the attacking line before the ball is passed.

2. Yes

3. Yes. Square button on PS2. Pretty effective too!
<

4. Yes, the player does still dip his shoulder. Don't forget, Swordfish are trying to get the right blend of Realism AND fun, which, as you're probably aware of, is very hard to get right in a Rugby game.

RUNNING

1. No, I don't think so. I think Knowsley could elaborate more on this point, as I'm sure he mentioned that to me.

Latest posts