• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF 21 Patch

Huh.. just copy/pasting the 119ba... .xml from the R10 mod into unmodded R08 unlocks extra stadiums in the selection menu! The extra stadiums link to files that don't exist in R08 but it does give an error message with the file name to use for modding in the future.

Using this file adds an extra ground in Oz (can use this for Melbourne), Galway, another ground in Italy, and a bunch of extra grounds in NZ for the 2011 RWC. I'm going to keep playing around with this.
I observed this with the MRC 13 Mod, as well as in TRF10, however the only difference came was MRC13 had multiple instances of the same stadiums but assigned different names due to the individual patches included. For instance, Christchurch Stadium was given an alternate name for matches used within the ITM Cup Patch.

All the moddlers is working in their free time
Update will come when it comes no one earns a salary to do these work
Lets keep that in mind and be thankfull for the work that was done.
This comment needs more votes

You've had a very easy life if this is true.

The updates will be released when they are ready. They're being worked on by people in the free time as-and-when they can, if you want these mods out quicker perhaps you could help by contributing as well?
Appreciate this

Lots of tutorials in this forum. I would advise you to start with the rugby 08 file list to see what file is what.

From there you can decide where to start: faces, kits, tournaments,rosters etc.

*Just a question, what new updates would you like to see?
hi Jim thats not true .... its sad to because this is one of the greatest games out there and i remove all my hats to these modders that is keeping this game alive because EA is clearly not bothered or cares ..... and there is a great community of people that is still playing this game across the world...

if i could contribute i would do that for everyone but unfortunately i dont know how to mod and am not a modder.... have asked for training in that aspect but with no luck or response .... as i do have a interest in modding but have no guidence in it
@geostar 100%

@Keenan119
For my own personal experience, I had limited knowledge of modding within Rugby08.
However, I started by reading posts contributed to this forum & sort to address some of the issues raised within previous versions of the patch, in hopes of contributing to the patch team, to try & least make the patches better than before.

I contributed my findings & research on a dedicated Rugby08 FB page, as I originally wanted to collaborate ideas into making an All-Stars Patch which was previously abandoned & a Super Patch.
Over time, I had people reach out who have wanted to HELP contribute in any capacity towards making the latest patch.

During this time, I've had to learn skills I never previously had an interest or thought I'd need.

I reached out to previous modders & modders apart of the current to broaden my knowledge of what is required, but also the time required to implement & innovate changes into the game.

My advice to you would be to alter your perspective & undertake a project of your own, so you understand the time required to modify certain aspects of Rugby08 & to respect the experiences of past modders, who at times had no assistance from other people.

@geostar 100%

@Keenan119
For my own personal experience, I had limited knowledge of modding within Rugby08.
However, I started by reading posts contributed to this forum & sort to address some of the issues raised within previous versions of the patch, in hopes of contributing to the patch team, to try & least make the patches better than before.

I contributed my findings & research on a dedicated Rugby08 FB page, as I originally wanted to collaborate ideas into making an All-Stars Patch which was previously abandoned & a Super Patch.
Over time, I had people reach out who have wanted to HELP contribute in any capacity towards making the latest patch.

During this time, I've had to learn skills I never previously had an interest or thought I'd need.

I reached out to previous modders & modders apart of the current to broaden my knowledge of what is required, but also the time required to implement & innovate changes into the game.

My advice to you would be to alter your perspective & undertake a project of your own, so you understand the time required to modify certain aspects of Rugby08 & to respect the experiences of past modders, who at times had no assistance from other people.
yeah that would be very helpful... so that i can help mod rugby 08

Hi sir any updates on commentary I have been trying on audacity but no luck atleash how to I change the 2 commentary guys and stuff like that

Hi sir any updates on commentary I have been trying on audacity but no luck atleash how to I change the 2 commentary guys and stuff like that
I don't think this is possible. People have been trying for years to change the commentary. It's really hard. Even in the Cricket 07 community people have tried but no luck.

Yes, definitely going to do a 2022 update. Just want to wait for all the signings / transfers to be confirmed to avoid having the same player in two teams.
Hi @ama1. I wanted to ask if you would like any help with allocating updated/new player attributes/ratings/positions to the SA players for the 2022 season? I consider myself quite knowledgeable of the local and international SA players and thoroughly enjoyed watching YouTube rugby tributes and allocating conservative and realistic ratings to players in the Rugby Challenge games. However, if you are not interested, would you mind if I please used your 20-21 Patch excel spreadsheet (I assume you used an excel spreadsheet to attribute players?) as a basis for updating/adding players attributes for myself/whomever is interested on the group?

Hi @ama1. I wanted to ask if you would like any help with allocating updated/new player attributes/ratings/positions to the SA players for the 2022 season? I consider myself quite knowledgeable of the local and international SA players and thoroughly enjoyed watching YouTube rugby tributes and allocating conservative and realistic ratings to players in the Rugby Challenge games. However, if you are not interested, would you mind if I please used your 20-21 Patch excel spreadsheet (I assume you used an excel spreadsheet to attribute players?) as a basis for updating/adding players attributes for myself/whomever is interested on the group?
can't wait for the 2022 patch update I am so excited would be nice 2 feature with a new commentary

I have try something with commentary just 2 figure out how I can write a rugby video gaming script and add another voice in

What I'll do is attach the spreadsheet so that anyone can add / edit the player attributes to their liking. I'll add it this weekend.

What I'll do is attach the spreadsheet so that anyone can add / edit the player attributes to their liking. I'll add it this weekend.
hi Ama1 can u sent me the commentary file please sir..or ar u in deep progress with the commentary yet

Do you attach new files to the "Rugby 08 - 2021 Mod" download file (i.e link in the first thread)?

I'll have to make another thread specifically for the 22 mods. Doing the roster at the moment. Finished the International, Southern Hemisphere and English clubs.
Just need to do all the transfers from the French, Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Italian teams and pray I don't go over the roster player limit (1903).

I'll have to make another thread specifically for the 22 mods. Doing the roster at the moment. Finished the International, Southern Hemisphere and English clubs.
Just need to do all the transfers from the French, Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Italian teams and pray I don't go over the roster player limit (1903).
Thanks ama1 your rosters is next level

I am also hard at work with a commentary I believe nobody believe it's through but yes..how far are u with your commentary sir

thanks mate

Hi guys, I have recently downloaded and modded rugby 08 to have the roster changed with the file at the start of this thread, im looking for a patch for 2021 kits logos etc without crashing WL, I have read all the way through the thread but I'm not sure where I can find the files and instructions to do so, can anyone help me out please? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts