• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Twenty20 World Cup

wonder how disruptive the Symonds affair was for the Aussies preparation, either way it's hard to say he could have made a difference with the form of Gayle.

AB de Villiers seems to have taken his IPL form with him after top scoring with 79 in SA's hammering of Scotland.

England showed how much they needed Pietersen after he made 58 in England's win over Pakistan with Stuart Broad showing his class by picking up 3 wickets for only 17 runs.

Sure all that pales into comparison it's the big 1 day as Bangladesh look for revenge following their defeat in the Super 8s to Ireland in the last world cup, oh yeah and the small matter of Australia fighting for their survival against Sri Lanka.

Great effort from Ireland to restrict Bangladesh to 137, good final over but even still that's some effort. Great stumping from O'Brien as well, you'll be hard pushed to find better than that.

Johnstone bowled brilliantly in the power play taking 3 wickets.

Just hope that O'Brien is ok to bat after picking up what looked like an ankle injury in the penultimate over.

There'll be huge pressure on the batsmen now as a win guarantees a place in the Super 8s, so hopefully they can stand up to that.

desperate call from Long there, no sign of an edge and he was too far down the track to be given lbw.

Still though Ireland far too conservative at the beginning of their innings, giving the momentum straight back to the Bangladeshis.

2 quick wickets for Bangladesh have put them in control with both O'Brien and Porterfield now back in the hutch.

still behind the rate and losing wickets, think we're gonna struggle from here.

good man Kevin O'Brien, getting Ireland home with some quality hitting in the final overs and now through to the Super 8s great stuff. Was a little nervy when the rate was up to 9 an over but O'Brien did brilliantly and well suported at the death by Mooney.

Thought we had a chance before the tournament of getting through but the Bangladeshis looked so good batting against the Australians in the warmup and we didn't look too good against the Dutch or the West Indies but good turn around from the team.

Australia making 159-9, Johnson with some crucial runs at the death, Lee also chipping in after they were 95-6.

Mendis really looks a class act, picking up 3 wickets.

You'd think Sri Lanka should make this but their batting has been a bit hit and miss in the warm ups.

Which channel /medium do you use to follow the game(s) I only see the recaps on BBC2 every nite?

Really curious about the Pakistan- Netherlands game. Pakistan should win it.

aussies are out, great stuff. the only problem with this tornament its being played in the middle of the night over here (we get it live though) i have to get up at 420am in the morning to watch the nz game tomorrow morning.

You can always follow the games on cricinfo.com.

so, england were lucky to stay in the comp after losing to the dutch :) Bangladeshis are out thanks to Ireland, and Australia lost in the pool of death.

interesting world cup this is already.

People in Aus are so despressed we got knocked out so early, I bet everyone else is loving watching us in our time of failure.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 9 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
People in Aus are so despressed we got knocked out so early, I bet everyone else is loving watching us in our time of failure.[/b]

No we don't! What on earth would make you think that???... :unsure:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 9 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
People in Aus are so despressed we got knocked out so early, I bet everyone else is loving watching us in our time of failure.[/b]

well the Ashes boys have the consolation of 2 weeks in Leicester!

I'm happy that Pakistan won their game yesterday, the SA vs NZ was pretty good aswell.

Only 1 run difference.

Looking forward to the West Indies -SriLanka game today.

Against India they didn't show their best cricket Imo.
Looking forward to todays game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 9 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

personally, I'm not dissapointed. we didn't deserve to be there! I watched both the aus games and we looked like a bunch of juniors playing against men. watson bowling cream pies was a joke as well!

i really hope they pull their finger out for the ashes as i don't want to see a repeat of what happened a few years ago.

it would have been funny if australia came up against holland. dirk nannes (victorian bushrangers) is playing for holland.

Defending champions India would have won its first two games of the T20 World Cup comfortably, but skipper M S Dhoni's poor form is worrying the team ahead of its Super 8 games.

Dhoni, who promoted himself at number three position in the batting line-up for the group matches against relatively weaker sides Bangladesh and Ireland, could score 26 and 14 runs respectively.

The skipper's dismal show at the one down position is also likely to hamper team's batting as in-form Suresh Raina, whom Dhoni replaced at number three, has to come down in the order giving him lesser time to garner runs.

In the recently concluded second edition of Indian Premier League, Raina, who batted at number three position, was among the leading run scorers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jun 12 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 9 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

personally, I'm not dissapointed. we didn't deserve to be there! I watched both the aus games and we looked like a bunch of juniors playing against men. watson bowling cream pies was a joke as well!

i really hope they pull their finger out for the ashes as i don't want to see a repeat of what happened a few years ago.

it would have been funny if australia came up against holland. dirk nannes (victorian bushrangers) is playing for holland.
[/b][/quote]

I was being sarcastic. No one in Australia gives a **** if we win the tournament or not. But other people from other countries love to hang **** on Australian's when we lose a few games about how dominance fading away.

Latest posts