• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Twenty20 World Cup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 12 2009, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jun 12 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 9 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People in Aus are so despressed we got knocked out so early, I bet everyone else is loving watching us in our time of failure.[/b]

personally, I'm not dissapointed. we didn't deserve to be there! I watched both the aus games and we looked like a bunch of juniors playing against men. watson bowling cream pies was a joke as well!

i really hope they pull their finger out for the ashes as i don't want to see a repeat of what happened a few years ago.

it would have been funny if australia came up against holland. dirk nannes (victorian bushrangers) is playing for holland.
[/b][/quote]

I was being sarcastic. No one in Australia gives a **** if we win the tournament or not. But other people from other countries love to hang **** on Australian's when we lose a few games about how dominance fading away.
[/b][/quote]

you may well be dominant in other forms of the game but that's never been the case in Twenty20s. I still find it hard to believe that nobody gives a ****, there's bound to be some fanatic/insomniac up late at night crying into his beer as the West Indies and Sri Lanka put the Aussies to the sword. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 12 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jun 12 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 9 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People in Aus are so despressed we got knocked out so early, I bet everyone else is loving watching us in our time of failure.[/b]

personally, I'm not dissapointed. we didn't deserve to be there! I watched both the aus games and we looked like a bunch of juniors playing against men. watson bowling cream pies was a joke as well!

i really hope they pull their finger out for the ashes as i don't want to see a repeat of what happened a few years ago.

it would have been funny if australia came up against holland. dirk nannes (victorian bushrangers) is playing for holland.
[/b][/quote]

I was being sarcastic. No one in Australia gives a **** if we win the tournament or not. But other people from other countries love to hang **** on Australian's when we lose a few games about how dominance fading away.
[/b][/quote]

*slaps forehead* i obviously wasn't listening to your tone of voice :p

an tarbh, we really don't care. seriously, no ones talking about it...

West Indies are confident of chasing nearly any total in this event; Sri Lanka believe there is no score they can't defend. Clearly, something will have to give in their T20 World Cup 2009 semi-final.

Friday's match at the Oval sees two exciting sides up against one another and, while Sri Lanka will start favorites, the West Indies have shown that they are not to under-estimated. Sri Lanka, who has an admirably well balanced side for cricket's shortest format, has yet to lose a match at this tournament.

But it was at the Oval, a happy hunting ground for West Indies down the decades, that the men from the Caribbean beat Australia by seven wickets in their tournament opener. That victory owed much to a quite brilliant 88 from West Indies captain Chris Gayle, the left-handed opener striking some of the biggest sixes ever seen at the south London venue.

The Sri Lankan juggernaut crushed West Indies by 57 runs in Friday's lop-sided semifinal to set up a summit clash with Pakistan in the final of the T20 World Cup at Lord's on Sunday.

Put into bat, run-machine Tillakaratne Dilshan hit a sublime unbeaten 96 to help the Lankans overcome a mid-innings collapse and post 158 for five. And when they returned to defend the total, Angelo Mathews sent down a sensational first over, claiming three crucial wickets, and West Indies could never really recover from the setbacks.

Incidentally with the ball not exactly coming to the bat as they would have liked, Sri Lanka had a rather quiet start after West Indies captain Chris Gayle put them in.

Yeah big win for Sri Lanka there, feel sorry for Gayle who ended up stranded on 63 not out whilst everyone crumbled around him.

How do you think Mendis' future will pan out? You reckon batsmen will figure him out he'll become another spinner who never really reached his potential? Or will he continue to deceive batsmen with his carrom ball?

Dilshan is on fire at the moment in T20 cricket. Hope he can carry that form over to other forms of the game and not just score runs against weak teams like Bangladesh.

Hope Pakistan can topple the Sri Lankans in the final though, should be a great game with both teams having a full list of players on fire at the moment.

Latest posts