• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Video *EXCLUSIVE* RWC2011 Playtest

Are the player ratings more realistic
E.g the best players rated 88-92 rather than 99?

New Zealand flyhalf was 96
New Zealand No.7 was 92

Most of the better players were high 80s/90 (i.e Shane Williams was 90, I believe)

i would hope its before release though saying that wales are naming their world cup team on the 22nd so pushing it i say..

New Zealand flyhalf was 96
New Zealand No.7 was 92

Most of the better players were high 80s/90 (i.e Shane Williams was 90, I believe)
ok, so slightly more realistic haha
Did you notice any Australian ratings if you played with them? :D
Cheers

We did play a match with Australia but I really can't remember any ratings, sorry

I thought that 08 style gameplay would be bad but we all loved it and with a few tweaks it should play great

Thanks for posting this. Could have done with a bit more in depth analysis! lol....

I must say, from what I've seen it looks good. Looks to play really smooth and the increased difficulty will be good. I like the squad pages it's been polished a great deal since 08.

Just a few q's for the testers;

1. I did hear a bit of button bashing, is this more prominent in this game than in 08. Or is it similar with regards to rucking?

2. A lot of kicks seemed to go stray. It looks like the same kicking system which I thought was really good in 08....Is it the same or more difficult?

Well looks good so far, better than I'd expected from whats been released. Look forward to picking this game up. I still think its a bit limited offering only the international games but I will be buying regardless.

Can't remember, sorry

The only players I remember I listed above (which was all of about 4 players :p )

1. I did hear a bit of button bashing, is this more prominent in this game than in 08. Or is it similar with regards to rucking?

2. A lot of kicks seemed to go stray. It looks like the same kicking system which I thought was really good in 08....Is it the same or more difficult?

1. Kind of, but button mashing isn't the best tactic for the rucks as you're liable to give away penalties
2. Kicking is definitely harder, and the difficulty effects how hard the kick is as well, so stick it on hard and it's much harder to kick

Last edited:
Can't remember, sorry

The only players I remember I listed above (which was all of about 4 players :p )

1. Kind of, but button mashing isn't the best tactic for the rucks as you're liable to give away penalties
2. Kicking is definitely harder, and the difficulty effects how hard the kick is as well, so stick it on hard and it's much harder to kick

Judging from a couple of gameplay vids, and also details, id say 'button mashing' is the ONLY tactic for the rucks.

Judging from a couple of gameplay vids, and also details, id say 'button mashing' is the ONLY tactic for the rucks.

I'd disagree, I think you'll find that when getting the meter thing up for rucks it goes really quickly and is quite hard to judge, so if you button mashed your chances of giving away a penalty were high and would impact you severely.

I'd disagree, I think you'll find that when getting the meter thing up for rucks it goes really quickly and is quite hard to judge, so if you button mashed your chances of giving away a penalty were high and would impact you severely.

Ok. Well, how else are you going to get the meter up, faster than your opponent (without exceeding the meter limit) without button mashing?

I jus want to know if Australia will get the demo when we hit August the 2nd or will we have to wait a bit. Wake up earlier and download then before work. please answer!!!

That's funny, I could've sworn that I'd played the game....

Winning a ruck isn't about filling your bar fastest, either

Ok. Well, how else are you going to get the meter up, faster than your opponent (without exceeding the meter limit) without button mashing?

Timing perhaps? I'd probably listen to Olyy considering he's one of the few who have played the game...

The Rucking is more of a contest but its meant to be a fast contest, I don't think its a bad thing but you won't win every ruck with button bashing...

Latest posts