• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs England - 16/03/2013

GG Wales, gg.
Were a level (or two) above England today.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

thank you it is you've got to agree the ref was shocking

Yes, but you'll forgive me for thinking that you came to this conclusion through you're one-eyed ignorance, rather than having knowledge of the game.
Seeing as though in the process of fumbling for the name of the governing body of international rugby (that's the IRB btw) you've put forward "RBS" and the "international rfu" as your best guesses.

Might be best to get a taxi home.... don't risk it.

Awesome Wales. Pity about the first half against Ireland.

Couldn't believe what they were doing to the English scrum. Cole at tighthead was the penalty culprit.

Work by the Welsh flanker for the second try was just brilliant. Felt sorry for Brown.

Plus the Millennium is amazing - stuffed with busty wenches.

Thumbs up!

Commiserations to the English fans, it must be gutting.

A useful character building 'tanking' for England this, although it does`nt feel like it at the mo.
We`ve been here before though, Wales at their zenith win a Grand Slam and that`s their ceiling, England`s ambition is naturally higher.

I just think the ref was EXTREMELY biased at scrum time - You can't win a game without a scrum. If the ref had done Jones for binding on the arm (ALOT) and Wales pushing before the ball went in - the game would be alot different.

Im not saying Wales still wouldn't have won, they were better - but still.

Yes, but you'll forgive me for thinking that you came to this conclusion through you're one-eyed ignorance, rather than having knowledge of the game.
Seeing as though in the process of fumbling for the name of the governing body of international rugby (that's the IRB btw) you've put forward "RBS" and the "international rfu" as your best guesses.

Might be best to get a taxi home.... don't risk it.
my knowledge of the game i've played for 32 years this year in the second row so i do know about scrumaging ok

A useful character building 'tanking' for England this, although it does`nt feel like it at the mo.
We`ve been here before though, Wales at their zenith win a Grand Slam and that`s their ceiling, England`s ambition is naturally higher.

Couldn't manage to not put down Wales. You got close though, keep trying.

I just think the ref was EXTREMELY biased at scrum time - You can't win a game without a scrum. If the ref had done Jones for binding on the arm (ALOT) and Wales pushing before the ball went in - the game would be alot different.

Im not saying Wales still wouldn't have won, they were better - but still.

Every team pushes before the ball's in. Get with the programme. Wales were so far on top in the scrum it wasn't funny. Fully deserved every penalty they secured Adam Jones was huge, as was Hibbard and Gethin Jenkins. Paul James and Andrews came on and kept it going.

If anything the only dodgy decision in the scrum went against Wales in the first half when for no reason Walsh awarded England a penalty.

Last edited:
*booze addled post*

I paid my dues, time after time etc etc

I am sooo happy right now. I'm so pleased I may even drink some Pear cider, which as a cider purist is odd.

That was without doubt the most intense atmosphere and match that I can recall seeing.

Wales absolutely deserve the win. Talking about the ref is missing the point. We were totally outclassed. There wasn't a single match this 6N where England matched that performance by Wales. We won the lineout (just) today, Wales won everything else.

Robshaw and Mako Vunipola can be proud for England today imo. I've been complaining about England all tournament, hopefully others can see why now. I'm not upset, I'm bitterly angry. A lot of changes needed for the summer. :mad:

I'm happy for the Welsh though. You guys deserve it. I've been impressed with how well Wales have improved throughout the tournament. Will deservedly make up the majority of the Lions.

Last edited:
Having to put up with some shamings from England, this is the first 'big' win over them in my lifetime.
Proud of the boys, 1-23.

After those 45 minutes again Ireland, I was ready to put the 6N away. Oh for Ryan or Dan in the match.

Vunipola, why didn't he start? Very good prop.

Wales definitely deserved that win as they took their opportunities. However the reffing was dire. Penalising one side more than the other is bad enough but penalising England whilst the Welsh are infringing right infront of him is just taking the ****. Example that is most firmly fixed in my mind is England have a maul, a Welsh player is on the floor and wraped his arms around an England players legs preventing him from moving. Maul falls and Welsh are awarded a penalty. I don't know why Walsh is allowed to ref for England.

Couldn't manage to just leave the sore losers to be sore losers without telling them how gracious you are going to be.

*I'm posting this with a full understanding of the inherent irony.

Wales definitely deserved that win as they took their opportunities. However the reffing was dire. Penalising one side more than the other is bad enough but penalising England whilst the Welsh are infringing right infront of him is just taking the ****. Example that is most firmly fixed in my mind is England have a maul, a Welsh player is on the floor and wraped his arms around an England players legs preventing him from moving. Maul falls and Welsh are awarded a penalty. I don't know why Walsh is allowed to ref for England.
we made loads of mistakes today but if the ref had watched the scrums it may have been a different score you cann't win a game without winning scrums

What a perfect start to the morning. When I woke up and saw the scoreline I just about creamed myself.

I`ve been fullsome in my praise for Wales tonight.
We`ve been mullered by Wales on many occasions, but it`s the other stuff that goes toward being a truly world class team that you cant get right, but you know that already.

Couldn't manage to just leave the sore losers to be sore losers without telling them how gracious you are going to be.

*I'm posting this with a full understanding of the inherent irony.

I understand that I should leave them be, but I've not posted anything which is gloating, just trying to show them that the ref wasn't a factor today. They are basically taking away our performance, and saying the ref did everything for them.

The Ken Owens incident is the one he got wrong (on second viewing it should have been a penalty to England), but there things happen. There were a number of occasions that Walsh got things wrong the other way round, but because Wales were on top, things are more likely to go Wales' way because England are the ones under pressure.

Latest posts