• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WELSH RUGBY

you dont know real passion

you just know arrogance

you dont love the all blacks.

Whats it like to lose by 83 points to South Africa?
[/b]

Horrible. Just like being the "best in the world" but not winning the world cup since 80's.

<div class='quotemain'>
Whats it like to lose by 83 points to South Africa?
[/b]

Horrible. Just like being the "best in the world" but not winning the world cup since 80's.
[/b][/quote]
Thats because there hasn't been a Rugby World Cup since the 80's.

[/b]

You've totally lost me now.
Because i'm sure i've seen a fair few rugby world cups in my time.
Please, what technicality are you using to try to squirm your way out of this?

Slightly off track, but not much - are England still going to get called the most arrogant nation then?

Slightly off track, but not much - are England still going to get called the most arrogant nation then?
[/b]

Haha!
As a Welshman who only judges on how the country plays rugby not how they act, i've never regarded England as arrogant.
But there is another country trying stake a claim for that spot. :p

To be fair, Wales have some great supporters. Not always great teams, but great supporters none the less. I mean any team that get's a sell out of their stadium for a game against a pish wee team has to have great fans.

On the flip side of that, you get people like Loratdine who are TOO passionate. Who become ignorrant and don't want to recognise the fact that there are better teams. Don't get me wrong, Wales can play, and play well. On their day they could beat anyone, but the fact they seldom do shows that their not the worlds best team. Ironic that you say that Wales is humble aswell Lora, given your posts. (just realised this sounds like a dig at you, but I don't mean in it to be. I mean it to be a warning to appear not be a hyporcrite).

lora don't f***ing say that we don't know what passion for the sport is, and how dare you say we don't love the ABs! we're not dirty conformists who jump on te stamford bridge train when chelsea are winning. real passion or support is not decided on how you rant rave or just flick drool all over the place like a rabid dog in support of wales. no doubt wales were a great team in the 70s, but right now, or a couple of months back they were ****, or shat. but now, fair enough, they're having a resurgence. judging by the 05 grandslam and 06 disappointment, i duno how long this resurgence will last

Ouch, truthful words i don't need to hear right now...especially not a few days before the New Zealand game.

Simple Equation:

Loras love for Wales = My love for Ohio State

I know how passionate they are about their team, because im the same with my beloved Buckeyes. I never ever ever say the Buckeyes are going to go into a game and lose, and if anyone tries to say there is a better team then them, i will argue it until hell freezes over.

Being passionate is when your heart and emotions are with a team, you live and thrive off of their very performance, and if you think to call someone who is passionate stupid or arrogant or even ignorant is an absurd proposition. EG you say that wales are not the best team in the world, and so that may be, but to those passionate fans this is their very exsistence, this is what they live for, they love this team like no other and they always want them to do well and perform at their best. Exsistence for myself is when the Big Game rolls around and we play our archrivals, Michigan. The Buckeyes can be 1-10, but as long as they beat that team up north it is a successful season. Even if they dont i will still love them as much as i did at any other time.

A lot of kiwis are wrong with how they lambaste their players after a bad performance, a passionate fan would never do that.. ever. A passionate fan is one who can pick the brighter spots out of a dismal performance, however it may hurt, and look towards next year or next match.

When you love a team unconditionally it doesn't matter what others say, about you being ignorant. If you love that team you want them to win, if you love that team you want them to play well, if you love that team you love every player like a brother, if you love that team and someone trys to take your pride by criticizing and doubting your team, you better believe you will fight back, because without your love and pride for your team its not really a life worth living. And i believe Lora displays the true passion for his Welsh Rugby team.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

You've totally lost me now.
Because i'm sure i've seen a fair few rugby world cups in my time.
Please, what technicality are you using to try to squirm your way out of this?
[/b][/quote]

Maybe Ripper has been getting some inspiration from Donald Rumsfeld?

As we know,There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.[/b]

Originally posted by DC
A lot of kiwis are wrong with how they lambaste their players after a bad performance, a passionate fan would never do that.. ever. A passionate fan is one who can pick the brighter spots out of a dismal performance, however it may hurt, and look towards next year or next match.

Saying a passionate fan would never criticise a player after a bad performance is a strange call, I know I've done so on many occasion and won't have my passion for my team questioned for fear of a lamping. :bleh!:

You're deluding yourself by simply picking out the positives from a dismal performance and saying oh well, next match then lads. Constructive criticism never hurt anyone.

well i think alot of kiwis have gotten so use to winning tht its taken away tht hunger that love for there side. when youve been were us welsh fans have been the good and the very bad times, you know you love your side.

the welsh are in terms of passion and patriotism for the game, the best in the world.

well i think alot of kiwis have gotten so use to winning tht its taken away tht hunger that love for there side. when youve been were us welsh fans have been the good and the very bad times, you know you love your side.

the welsh are in terms of passion and patriotism for the game, the best in the world.
[/b]

thats f***ing bullshit lora - AGAIN!
sometimes what u post really gets on my nerves, but i let it slip... but now you're saying that we're people who just laze around and don't give our support and passion just becase the Abs win alot?!?! what kind of stupid reasoning is that... granted, rugby might get predicatble like golf where woods always wins, but saying that we don't have passion because we're winners?!?! hell, the english journalists must be very passiontae bout english rugby then

here let me rephrase what lora means

a lot and i say a lot of all black fans are bandwagoners, who "love" them just because they win a lot

for example, see chelsea or manchester united fans

your nations passion and love for the game is not as good as our, alot of kiwis ive met, and ive met a few, appear flakey and i doubt theyd still be queing for tickets in the rain if they were getting beaten by 90 odd points to sa.

Latest posts