• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Saw The King's Man last night, it doesn't know exactly what it wants to be and is completely bonkers which leads to strange tonal shifts.

Yeah King's Man is a pretty bad movie with good actors and some good stuff scattered throughout. First and foremost the movie as BG8 said has no idea what it wants to be. Starts out like a historical drama goes to spy thriller to farce to anti-war tragedy back to spy movie and then rushes to a weird action conclusion with a massively underwhelming villain.

Pacing is terrible. Way too much time devoted to the son wanting to go to war, and it's the least interesting part of the movie. They should have done that in the first 15 mins of the movie and committed to the silly Rasputin style stuff (a bizarre, but food scene) from then on.

The messaging in the movie is also bizarre and flip flops so often. Again, see the main villain whose motivations make zero sense.

Looking forward to this, especially as I'm reading Jurassic Park currently

Loving Vincent - about Van Gogh. I don't like his work personally and am not into painting generally, but a very engaging mixture of 'murder mystery' and insight into van Gogh's life, all nicely animated by a squandron of Polish artists who bring characters from various van Gogh portraits to life and tell the tale through these characters's eyes. Yeah, it's a bit weird but it's very accessible. 7/10

Saw Uncharted. Am aware of the broad premise and who Nathan Drake is but never played the games, so whether it's a faithful adaptation or whatever I couldn't tell you.

Actually quite enjoyed it. Was a campy and ridiculous action romp that didn't take itself in anyway seriously. Dan Brown levels of ridiculous puzzle solving and I adore Angels and Dekons to this day. The action set pieces were fun, the plot moved at a good pace and I thought the performances were pretty good! Marky Mark and Spider Man worked well together in particular. Really enjoyed all the blue ass water at the end.

Does Mark Wahlberg just play Mark Wahlberg?;)

Yeh being a fan of the games, I'll hold off watching it until it comes out on Prime/Netflix. Read some of the reviews already and for fans of the games I think it'll never live up to the games, which already puts the film at an unfair disadvantage.

Someone I work with is a big uncharted fan and went to see it and said it's a decent enough cheesy action movie but not uncharted, really

Looks to me like the kinda movie that, if it didn't have the franchise name to fall back on, they'd have cast The Rock in to get people through the doors

Watched the outpost on Amazon prime yesterday, it's a great army style film (if you like that sort of thing).

Worth a watch.

For being almost 90 years old this film has held up really well. It's one of my all time favorite comedies. :D L&H were true innovators in that genre.

The Batman, it was great but also I'm a real Batnerd.

Latest posts