• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby U20 Championship

Presume it automatically counts as being downed by defensive side, as you have to have "control" of the ball to score - how can you be in control if someone else has the ball too?
I suppose, fascinating though as I would have said the welsh 9 touched it first, but by the time it got the line though were both touching it and then slowly the english 9 got more control...

Who was "controlling" the ball first, though? That's the crucial part.

That raises another issue, because what is controlling. Sometimes in those races it's literally just any downwards pressure. If I was to say the refs made the only choice because you couldn't see if either player had 'control' clearly. Difficult though.

Now I know you're young, but how can you commit the same offence 3 times in a row in front of the ref and not change what you're doing???

So what is the rule if both players are touching the ball as it goes over the line?
It's a try, otherwise you could hold up the ball just by touching it while attacker is grounding.

Problem with Dawes, is he was penalised 3 times for a short bind and pulling down the scrum and 1 reset in between the 2nd and 3rd where again the ref pointed to him and said short bind. Now if the ref is saying take a long bind then you have to do it. Even if it means Wales will get a try, they got one anyway and a yellow card...

Well England will need to sort themselves out if they want to beat NZ.
1) Discipline was terrible. We gave up so much through sheer stupidity or trying to force the game.
2) Lineouts and scrums... WTF? We couldn't build any set piece moves all game.
3) Aimless kicking in the opposition half just throwing away possession
4) The players do not track across the field fast enough. All a team has to do is throw the ball from 1 wing to the other and you can guarantee the English defence will not have put the effort in to get across.

From the few games I've seen, the referees haven't been as strict as they should have been on putting the ball in straight. Although the early signs are promising. I just hate it when the 9 feeds straight to the feet of the 8.

England team to face Australia:
15. Tom Parton (London Irish)
14. Paolo Odogwu (Sale Sharks)
13. Will Butler (Worcester Warriors)
12. Theo Brophy Clews (London Irish)
11. Gabriel Ibitoye (Harlequins)
10. Max Malins (Saracens)
9. Harry Randall (Gloucester Rugby)
1. Ollie Dawe (Bristol Rugby)
2. Henry Walker (Gloucester Rugby)
3. Marcus Street (Exeter Chiefs)
4. Josh Caulfield (Exeter Chiefs)
5. Jack Nay (Saracens)
6. Dino Lamb (Harlequins)
7. Ben Earl (Saracens)
8. Zach Mercer (Bath Rugby) captain

Replacements:
16. Joe Mullis (Gloucester Rugby)
17. Ralph Adams-Hale (Saracens)
18. Ciaran Knight (Gloucester Rugby)
19. Justin Clegg (Worcester Warriors)
20. Max Davies (Newcastle Falcons)
21. Josh Bayliss (Bath Rugby)
22. Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints)
23. Darren Atkins (Bath Rugby)

Good team.

Personally i think Umaga is overrated currently he has alot of upside but for an Umaga he is poor when it comes to defence and physicality. It makes sens to try and hit the aussies up front.

Latest posts