• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Would the Super Rugbys best beat the NH best?

I see this was 7 years ago, I time at which Pocock and co. hadn't fully matured as players. Furthermore, Western Force are hardly the best super rugby has to offer.

You changed your tune pretty quickly!

There is absolutely no way that any NH team would come near a SH team. Super Rugby is played at a much higher intensity, forwards of the NH would not cope.

I see this was 7 years ago, I time at which Pocock and co. hadn't fully matured as players. Furthermore, Western Force are hardly the best super rugby has to offer.

picard-winning.png

You can't bear reference to a fixture that took place 7 years, rugby has come a long from there mate, not sure if you've noticed that?

I'm not your mate, not sure if you've noticed that. My point still stands.

You are right that times have changed - the top French sides are arguably stronger than they were back then.

I'm not your mate, not sure if you've noticed that. My point still stands.

You are right that times have changed - the top French sides are arguably stronger than they were back then.

Rugby teams as a whole have strengthened, yet nobody comes close to the Kiwis, their domestic clubs included. If you've ever watched super rugby you can surely accept that it is played to a much higher standard than the French top 14.

Rugby teams as a whole have strengthened, yet nobody comes close to the Kiwis, their domestic clubs included. If you've ever watched super rugby you can surely accept that it is played to a much higher standard than the French top 14.

irtUm5zgFQIVQ.gif

Why did an England C (if that) team demolish the Crusaders side then?
I know the Crusaders were without their internationals, but if NZ club rugby is so far superior to anything the NH has to offer surely it should have ruined the cobbled together England XV?

Why did an England C (if that) team demolish the Crusaders side then?
I know the Crusaders were without their internationals, but if NZ club rugby is so far superior to anything the NH has to offer surely it should have ruined the cobbled together England XV?

Let me tack you back to 2013, a Brumbies team missing a number of their internationals, dish out the Lions first defeat of the tour.

Watch a game of Top 14 followed by one of Super Rugby, then try and say to me the standard is a higher in France than the SH.

You said ANY SH team would beat ANY NH team. Which is clearly not true as results have shown...

You said ANY SH team would beat ANY NH team. Which is clearly not true as results have shown...

Suppose I should've been more specific there. What im getting at is that the best in SH would beat the best in NH and the worst in SH would beat the worst in NH.

Suppose I should've been more specific there. What im getting at is that the best in SH would beat the best in NH and the worst in SH would beat the worst in NH.

That's not really what you were saying. You're saying that S15 is miles ahead, which it isn't. Sure, maybe the top S15 teams would beat the best European teams more often than not, but they're clearly not that far ahead.

which just ins't true.

Top teams from all the leagues can probably live with each other, Leinster, Clermont, Toloun, Tolouse, Saracens et al would all stand up, club teams in the UK have frequently beaten SH national teams as the SH provinces have beaten the Lions as well.

It's just a really pointless argument, because there are 100 +1 things to factor in.

Just be honest and say you prefer watching Super rugby which is really what the case is, no ones going to take umbradge at that .