• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Rugby-Related Claims To Fame

Met Nigel Melville two times when USA played Munster in Chicago and when USA played Wales in Chicago. Was coached by USA 7s coach Al Caravelli in one tournament cause my select side coach apparently played with him somewhere.

Played with and went to school with Daniel Kirkpatrick and Zac Guildford (Was a year behind them both). Played against Israel Dagg.

My Dad went to Primary School and Kindergarten with Sean Fitzpatrick.

meet Cardiff Blues squad regualrly
meet Dragons squad regularly
met lee Byrne, Shane Williams and Dan Biggar
Ryan Jones gave us a rugby talk a few years ago and we got to touch the tops from different six nations teams (the players shirts)

I had Thys Burger as my coach for a year. He played for the boks and for Western Province if i´m not wrong. If anyone knows something about him i´ll be pleased to get some info of him as i couldn´t get that many from the internet.

I think that´s it. Here in Uruguay it´s hard to meet important rugby people.. i don´t know, my brother is friends with Carlos Protasi (second row for our National Team) he used to come to our house.. he was like 1,96 and 125 kg so he unscrewed most of our chairs he sat on..

I played against Jeff Wilson in one game as a schoolboy in about my 5th ever game). Effectively tackled him once. Won't elaborate on how many times in my 30 mins on how many times I didn't. He was a years growth ahead of me, but anyhow.

Have played 7's with about 4 of Southlands Ranfurly shield winning team and Super 14 players. Made a Super 14 prop Peter Merrilees cry as a youngster, when I was 16 and he was 9 and he was playing with me and his big brothers in a game of league and I accidentally collared him.

I performed as Bobo the clown (my second ever professional job) for the South African team of 94 who toured New Zealand including Southland. I was in their large dining room at their hotel down here and many of these players stunned me by asking hilariously immature questions. I had about 50 kids waiting on me, whilst these guys asked for all my candy floss and asked if they could kick me up the ass. Ian Mackintosh looked clinically insane drinking soup, I can remember that clearly. Louis Luyt was very paranoid about me being in the room.

Good guys were Francois Pienaar, Andre Joubert, Chester Williams, Brendan Venter. I think Hennie le roux was there too. James Small was odd though, as I was juggling near his table, he kept looking at his plate eating, obviously ****** off, saying "You'd better not drop those, cloooown" in a thick accent.

Perhaps the oddest experience I've ever had.

Meet my cousin Rua Tipoki up in Gizzy on Christmas day but it was just a quick Kia Ora my kuzz than him and uncle were off to do the rounds. Fulla went diving and got us heaps of Kina(sea urchins) to eat thou so that was awesome.

My brother reckoned he served Hosea Gear at the Super Liquor store in Gizzy a few weeks ago too so he got his frills lol.

Rua Tipoki is a legend, what a player and leader, shame he had to retire :( Would love him back, at least he got a Heineken Cup medal out of his trip up North!

I've met Chris Paterson, Ally Hogg x 2 , Mike Blair, Phil Godman, Allan Jacobsen, Kyle Traynor, Jim Hamilton.... most of the Edinburgh players really. I also met Sean Lamont at the Edinburgh Sevens last year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 2 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GazzaJAnimal @ Aug 9 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a previous job I regularly serviced Rory Underwood[/b]
Nobody else find that amusing?
[/b][/quote]

I never even thought it might be construed as that........but it didn't surprise me to see that it was you, Logorrhea that picked it up ;) Anyways happy new year to you, sir!

Ive got a few

My uncles freind is dating leo culluen

I met mick galway in a coffe shop

I met cris witaker after a barbarins match

I met Slcak Buger in an airport

Had a training session whit Oil kon and Jord Tuer Haul.

When I went to see the Samoa game last autumn, I had a few fringe Dragons players sat a few rows infront of me. I didn't reconginse them at the time, but other members of my faily did. And when I saw the Canada game the year before, I was sat directly infront of the Scrum V box, and Jonathan Davis was sat in it and waved back at me as they where waiting to go on the air.

These are a little odd and alomst off-topic, but my brother shares a birthday with Nicky Robinson, I share one with Chris Cusiter, my dad Ryan Jones and my mum James Hook.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Jan 5 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ive got a few

My uncle's freind is dating Leo Cullen
I met Mick Galway in a coffee shop

I met Chris Whitaker after a Barbarians match

I met Schalk Burger in an airport

Had a training session with Oil kon and Jordan Turner Hall.[/b]

I coudln't get Oil Kon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 5 2010, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Jan 5 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive got a few

My uncle's freind is dating Leo Cullen
I met Mick Galway in a coffee shop

I met Chris Whitaker after a Barbarians match

I met Schalk Burger in an airport

Had a training session with Oil kon and Jordan Turner Hall.[/b]

I coudln't get Oil Kon.
[/b][/quote]

I think that refers to former Bristol and now Quins 2nd Row Ollie Kohn

What do I win?

I though it might be, but I couldn't remember if I'd just made him up. Have a medal.

My mum works for an aviation company, which has Richie McCaw as a patron. So met him a few times and had a couple beers with him at charity events and all that

I once saw Brian O'Driscoll, Luke FItzgerald, Denis Hickey and Gordon D'Arcy all on separate occasions within 2 weeks of eachother. It was all over the news.

Latest posts