• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 British and Irish Lions

Yeah. It was a pretty sick try great awareness and gas to finish it.

And yes this has IMO serves to show he's definitely in with a shout of a lions jersey and that is not a derogatory thing towards premiership or NH rugby , there is more to the game and a try than mere physical things like how far , how fast and how many men he beat. He's had the awareness to make something from absolutely nothing a step ahead of both the opponents and his own team. So yeah.. He's definitely deserving of a shout and yes it was a ****ing fantastic try.
But it seems to be Youngs v. Care and Care does those kind of things too, probably even better.

But it seems to be Youngs v. Care and Care does those kind of things too, probably even better.

No sorry he doesnt. Care is a great club 9 but only an average international one his performance against Italy was woeful and he is very overrated.

Care's england form was pretty bad it has to be said. I think thats theres only room for one of Care and B.Youngs on the tour and right now Youngs edges it.

Yeah. It was a pretty sick try great awareness and gas to finish it.

and yes it was a ****ing fantastic try.

k sorry my bad, it was an amazing try, it was a typo I'm sorry I'm slightly dyslexic...semantically.

fiiiiine, go ahead and pick the little no.9 for the Lions !...I dunno...
I'm not being mean, he's a fine fella and he can be pretty good, but out of 4 powerful Rugby nations I like to think the Lions can do better than him at 9 is all...considering what they'll have all-around, I'm no expert but it seems like perhaps that's the one position-hole in the XV.
Well unless he's having a magnificent season in the Aviva which I haven't watched...but int'l games wise...

man I'm stooooooned....

No sorry he doesnt. Care is a great club 9 but only an average international one his performance against Italy was woeful and he is very overrated.
The same could be said of Youngs, who has put in far worse performances for England than Care has.

C'mon Duck, I was expecting a GIF of Care's godawful boxkick on the tryline against Wales, or at least the one against italy that went backwards in the build-up to McLean's try. Isn't that what you do?

Did enjoy the video, all the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if i'll be able to watch the squad announcement on Tuesday online?

Paulie considering not going on Lions tour. He still has doubts over his fitness and even in yesterday's HEC semi final he wasn't playing up until 1 hour before game. He doesn't want to commit unless he can give his all

Paulie considering not going on Lions tour. He still has doubts over his fitness and even in yesterday's HEC semi final he wasn't playing up until 1 hour before game. He doesn't want to commit unless he can give his all
In that case, it would not be fair to him, his potential team mates or anyone else for him to be selected even if he decides to make himself available! Great player that hs is, he should not be selected unless fully fit to start the tour......

That would make him the second ever player to make themselves unavailable for Lions selection although if it because of fitness concerns then fair play to the man.

Well that's the man he is although thankfully reason he was injured all week was groin strain and not his back. But he understands importance of tour and wants to do justice if selected but I predict he will go

Really.

Farrell was appalling today.

If the Lions have 20 mins left on the clock who would you rather have on to secure a game; Wilkinson or Farrell...?

Appalling is a little heavy but Wilko was sssssooooooooooooooooooo much better!!

Really.

Farrell was appalling today.

If the Lions have 20 mins left on the clock who would you rather have on to secure a game; Wilkinson or Farrell...?

I was agreeing. Not sure if my sentence is incorrect or if you've misread it. It looks right with another read. Expense of Farrell = instead of Farrell.

I'm not the biggest Wilko fan (still feel he's a little limited, and too quick to try a drop goal instead of going for a try), but if the choice is between him, Farrell and Biggar (three similar types of players) I'd be happy to see Wilkinson go. I'd prefer Biggar to Farrell as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts