• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 British and Irish Lions

Well I'm not going through any sports travel group. I was lucky enough to get tickets to the three tests through a friend living in Syndey, each costing about £150. The HK game I got tickets for the north stand at about £110 each. Other than that I've just had to sort out my own accommodation, flights and spending money.

Needless to say it's going to be an expensive trip.

Robshaw so. Said it earlier in thread that it might be best if SOB doesn't tour as he's still not fully right after surgery and think long term effect of tour on his body could be real bad if he goes

Robshaw's injured at the moment though!

There was talk of him missing the prem final (when Quins were in the running still) so if SOB is ruled out pre-tour then Robshaw might not be eligible (though they took Halfpenny in '09 and he was injured).

Suppose it depends what position saw SOB playing. I can't see Morgan getting called up unless we lose Faletau or Heaslip - three dedicated 8s is too many, I reckon.
With Tipuric and Warburton touring I imagine SOB was viewed as a 6, maybe 7 in a midweek or two, so a fit Robshaw would make sense. Maybe Kelly Brown?
Ryan Jones "rested" for the summer for Wales, so I imagine he's pretty high up the reserves list.

Could see him getting the call mid-tour, but not pre (then again, Gatland doesn't seem to rate him for some bizarre reason).
Again, like Morgan, out-and-out 8 - would need an injury to Faletau or Heaslip for it to happen.

Could see him getting the call mid-tour, but not pre (then again, Gatland doesn't seem to rate him for some bizarre reason).
Again, like Morgan, out-and-out 8 - would need an injury to Faletau or Heaslip for it to happen.

You don't know that necessarily. Delve has never helped his international hopes by his club moves, he's had chances to move to Welsh regions but turned them down. He is unavailable for all of the 6 Nations. Gatland called him on the last Australia tour to play a midweek match which he got injured in I think.

I would've thought Wood would be the best replacement for SOB, which is a shame if true.

I reckon they'd go for Kelly Brown. O'Brien is in to cover all three. Ryan Jones can't play 7 and nobody wants to see Robshaw or Wood at 8. Brown is effective across the back row.

Given the leadership qualities (something I think this tour is maybe lacking a little bit of compared to past squads) I'd go for Robshaw or Kelly Brown as a replacement. As a Scot I'd of course prefer Brown.

Given the leadership qualities (something I think this tour is maybe lacking a little bit of compared to past squads) I'd go for Robshaw or Kelly Brown as a replacement. As a Scot I'd of course prefer Brown.

How? It's got the last two Lions captains, the Irish captain and what 3 guys who've captained Wales off the top of my head.

I didn't say the squad was lacking leaders, mererly that in my opinion it's lacking a little bit in leadership when compared to previous Lions squads.
You may of course disagree.

Paul O'Connell
Brian O'Driscoll
Alun-Wyn Jones
Jamie Heaslip
Matt Stevens
Sam Warburton
Jonny Sexton
Gethen Jenkins

Id say they have some pretty good leadership qualities.

Paul O'Connell
Brian O'Driscoll
Alun-Wyn Jones
Jamie Heaslip
Matt Stevens
Sam Warburton
Jonny Sexton
Gethen Jenkins

Id say they have some pretty good leadership qualities.

Stevens? He doesn't seem like much of a leader to me...

Hartley as well I suppose but I can't imagine many of the Irish, Welsh or Scottish getting along with him!!!

Latest posts