• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: England vs Wales (Round 4)

That clip should be played on the big screen at Murrayfield before every Scottish game :D

Wouldn't be the end of the world - Johnson's not exactly a bad player.
I don't think there's much chance of that happening though, Morgan will almost definitely start.

Very unlikely, I wouldn't worry about that mate. Wood is important in the way we play and Lancaster sees him as quite the leader.

Oh...did you mean he might start at 8? Oh. Oh. I desperately hope not.

The following players needs their best games in an England shirt:

David Wilson - He's a senior player, with over 30 caps, and supposedly our strongest tighthead scrummager. But how many times has he had an oustanding outing for England? Granted, he makes most of his caps off the bench. But I still think he needs to show his cards and really put some heat on Gethin Jenkins.

Billy Twelvetrees - Watching back over some games I have no idea why he falls over so often when he tries to step! Or why he spills the ball when about to pass... or why his passes aren't always going to hand. His carrying is good, his defence is good, but he's got to sharpen up his vision and decision making as well as distribution.

Joe Marler - One of Englands standout performers for me this tournament in his all round game. But I think this is his biggest game so far and I really needs to hold steady against Adam Jones. His England profile now puts Marler at 18st 8lb which I can believe; he does seem to have bulked up.

Had a horrible thought this morning. What if Johnson starts?

Watched the rugby tonight program last night and Ben Kay wants him to start to compete better at the breakdown and have people who will tackle and slow the ball and bring Morgan on at 50

Very unlikely, I wouldn't worry about that mate. Wood is important in the way we play and Lancaster sees him as quite the leader.

Oh...did you mean he might start at 8? Oh. Oh. I desperately hope not.

The following players needs their best games in an England shirt:

David Wilson - He's a senior player, with over 30 caps, and supposedly our strongest tighthead scrummager. But how many times has he had an oustanding outing for England? Granted, he makes most of his caps off the bench. But I still think he needs to show his cards and really put some heat on Gethin Jenkins.

Billy Twelvetrees - Watching back over some games I have no idea why he falls over so often when he tries to step! Or why he spills the ball when about to pass... or why his passes aren't always going to hand. His carrying is good, his defence is good, but he's got to sharpen up his vision and decision making as well as distribution.

Joe Marler - One of Englands standout performers for me this tournament in his all round game. But I think this is his biggest game so far and I really needs to hold steady against Adam Jones. His England profile now puts Marler at 18st 8lb which I can believe; he does seem to have bulked up.

Yep all of this is spot on also Farrell must have his game management and kicking perfect too . He must at least match halfpenny on percentage and put some kicks for territory over so lawes can challenge the wobbly welsh line out .

Twelvetrees has some heat on him now with eastmond playing well and the imminent reappearance of Tuilagi could see Burrell challenge 36 aswell . I'm gonna put my neck on the line and say it will be his best performance in an England shirt for these reasons . Need to see a performance like against Scotland last six nations

I feel sick, SICK with nerves. Never wished a Sunday to come sooner in my life.

.....on a selfish note I want some confidence boosting, just bought 3 WC tickets for Eng Vs Wales.

muahaha !...and the worst thing is England have a big chance of LOSING it.........AT HOME this time !!!!
3207582-muahaha.jpg

....oh don't mind me, I'm just playing with what I'm given..

Don't worry what will be will be . Neither team will fear the other . Each team has it's own strengths and weaknesses which have both been highlighted in the last year . England against wales last year and wales against Ireland this year .

muahaha !...and the worst thing is England have a big chance of LOSING it.........AT HOME this time !!!!
View attachment 2735

....oh don't mind me, I'm just playing with what I'm given..

Stay calm ........ Stay calm .......... Woosahhhh ........ Haha

Id worry about France losing to Scotland if I was you :p

Stay calm ........ Stay calm .......... Woosahhhh ........ Haha

Id worry about France losing to Scotland if I was you :p

uh uh, no you wouldn't. This match right here is clearly the highlight of the weekend. France and Ireland should prevail in those other fixtures, but all eyes will really be on what England can manage at home. They're expected to win it if they are to be taken dead seriously, they must be able to at least win at home against lower ranked teams, regardless of the margin.
England 2015 is just in a year, and England have to avenge themselves from last year's thrashing. And Wales have put a nice little XV together to make sure that ain't happening and that Gatland ball is alive and well for all the skeptics out there.
Enjoy the rest of the week's wait :D

uh uh, no you wouldn't. This match right here is clearly the highlight of the weekend. France and Ireland should prevail in those other fixtures, but all eyes will really be on what England can manage at home. They're expected to win it if they are to be taken dead seriously, they must be able to at least win at home against lower ranked teams, regardless of the margin.
England 2015 is just in a year, and England have to avenge themselves from last year's thrashing. And Wales have put a nice little XV together to make sure that ain't happening and that Gatland ball is alive and well for all the skeptics out there.
Enjoy the rest of the week's wait :D

Haha Gatland ball was taken to pieces by Ireland last time and is showing 1 or 2 cracks . I feel confident of our defence . If we can manage intensity like we did in the game with Ireland it will be hard for wales and Jonny May if you see a clear run for the corner back yourself for gods sake lol

Haha Gatland ball was taken to pieces by Ireland last time and is showing 1 or 2 cracks . I feel confident of our defence . If we can manage intensity like we did in the game with Ireland it will be hard for wales and Jonny May if you see a clear run for the corner back yourself for gods sake lol

Ah, England have assets, no doubt...but so do Wales my friend ! And England were torn apart last year in Cardiff, Wales and Gatland-ball this year in Dublin - let bygones be bygones. In fact, it's good for Wales they took a pounding so recently and beat France subsequently, they'll be that much more ready in Twickenham.
And you tell me about Jonny May, okay. How does this sound:
15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Jon Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 George North.

hmmm...? y'all getting cold sweat yet ? :p

Ah, England have assets, no doubt...but so do Wales my friend ! And England were torn apart last year in Cardiff, Wales and Gatland-ball this year in Dublin - let bygones be bygones. In fact, it's good for Wales they took a pounding so recently and beat France subsequently, they'll be that much more ready in Twickenham.
And you tell me about Jonny May, okay. How does this sound:
15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Jon Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 George North.

hmmm...? y'all getting cold sweat yet ? :p

Not really they have quality all the way through their team . Wales are a really good team . I'm slightly confident because we are at home . Wales are better in Cardiff than away usually . I think it will be a really even game !

Plus I wouldn't swap Mike Brown for anyone in the world and I think our back 3 has been better than wales' in this years 6N the centre partnership is growing well and I'd prefer to have our half backs that theirs tbh

yup, halfbacks for sure. Again, Wales' one flawed sector, if any. And Mike Brown over Halfpenny any day of the week just as long as you have a penalty kicker on your team. Man, HP isn't even in my Top 5 FB's right now, I'd even pick countryman Lee Byrne over him I think.
Okay, I'm just waiting for Olyy to wash up after ejaculating there...

Yes, as I was saying: well about the midfield. 36 is going to have to step it up big time on Sunday...and is that partnership solid enough on defense to handle a couple of horses racing straight at them ?..not sure they've been properly tested there so far.

Haha Gatland ball was taken to pieces by Ireland last time and is showing 1 or 2 cracks .
I think Davies being back strengthens it considerably - he's pretty vital to Gatlandball, and it always/Wales always play a lot better with him on the pitch than without.
He's not the biggest or the strongest but he always makes breaks/halfbreaks and can put in some neat little grubbers n chips as well.
The Roberts/Davies combo is arguably the most important cog in that Welsh side.

Latest posts