• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Wales vs France (Round 3)

Wtf rolland.
Absolutely ridiculous card.
Just insane.

His last game, right? Get basta to run over the top of the c**t.

Priestland having a great game in defence.
Adam Jones winding up the French players causing the handbags.
Wouldn't have been surprised to see Picamoles get a 2nd yellow for his show of dissent (even if I agree he shouldn't have received the first yellow). Can't have that wendyball crap treatment of refs on a rugby pitch.

So I guess we can forget the last test and all. Everything is fine!

Has anybody ever said Jenkins is a better scrummager than James? Lol.

Priestland having a great game in defence.
Adam Jones winding up the French players causing the handbags.
Wouldn't have been surprised to see Picamoles get a 2nd yellow for his show of dissent (even if I agree he shouldn't have received the first yellow). Can't have that wendyball crap treatment of refs on a rugby pitch.

2nd yellow? He was still in the bin

2nd yellow? He was still in the bin

Yes he was, he can still receive a yellow card when not on the field of play (although technically he hadn't reached the bin yet when he was doing his clapping of the decision)

Someone spear someone, for old times sake (extra points if its on Philips and it's through a table).

Jesus H ****, this is the worst french side I've seen. Passing is dire, high, too far in front or nearly behind a player. They are just trying to poke holes but shut down quickly. Awful awful.

Performances after a heavy loss aren't signs of a good team. Happened last year after Wales lost to Ireland.

Last edited:
Genuinely can't tell if Wales were actually any good tonight, or whether they were made to look far better by a France side playing as badly as I've ever seen them.

Wales' blitz defence was fantastic, and their scrum decent (though refereeing here was very poor, despite what I said after the one scrum reffed well), but apart from that.....?
But then you have to ask: Did they have to play any better to beat a France side playing like this?

It's hard to call. France didn't get going, but they weren't allowed to, by some cracking tackling (Lydiate stood out, good to see him back to his destructive best).
Welsh front five dominated as well, and the back row were all over the breakdowns. Picamoles came up against centres who were as big as him, so his usual destructive runs into midfield never developed.
Last 10-15 mins, they just lost their heads (France losing their heads? Never!).

Latest posts