• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] Ireland vs Georgia

Georgia getting away with anything and everything at ruck time.

:D

Georgia showing some tremendous heart and relentlessness. Very competitive, gorgeous to watch a "Tier 2" nation travel and play well like this. Ireland are lucky Zirak ain't playing today.

Very good first half for Georgia.
Not sure how long they can keep up the intensity on defence/at the breakdown though - they're going to burn out eventually, I fear.

Think we might see a try or two with this yellow, though!
IMO should've been a penalty the other way - he was on his feet and wasn't a tackler.

The card has been coming. Think the Georgians competitiveness has surprised Ireland

Ireland constantly struggle to put away minnow sides without ever looking particularly threatened.

@TRF_Olyy I agree, I was expecting it to go the other way. He wasn't offside and was on his feet, didn't understand that one.

Lol at red and yellow though

Last edited by a moderator:
What chance a yellow for the Irish collapsing the scrum all the time!!!!

Blaming the lack of a yellow card for an overall poor perfomance by the Irish team would be pretty weak!

They have had about five chances to score tries and dropped the ball. They cannot take a scrum instead of the kick for goal because they are losing the scrums.

Georgia deserve a lot of credit but how I wish they had some penetration in attack. There is every reason to expect the Georgians to tire after their defensive efforts but these guys are playing week in week out in France so should be reasonable fit.

Intriguing..................but it is an Irish team that has not played together and is not likely to play together again!!

@Conrad Smith.......it certainly is not boring!!!

Blaming the lack of a yellow card for an overall poor perfomance by the Irish team would be pretty weak!

It would be thank God no one is doing it.

EDIT: There we go, nicely worked.

Last edited:
Good way to start the half. You'd think this should be a springboard for the rest of the game

Latest posts